Forums Forums (
-   Racing and Trackdays (
-   -   Silly question ? (

woodsman 13th May 2019 06:13 AM

Silly question ?
Do you need a bike license for track days?

vinnym 13th May 2019 06:32 AM

Re: Silly question ?
Think you need a full licence or a track day training cert.

marktspud 13th May 2019 07:58 AM

Re: Silly question ?
Provisional will do for the track training days whocjh are run at mondello. Once you pass this you get a cert which means you can do regular track days.

If you have full license there's no restriction. Straight into regular track days

Jack stowage 13th May 2019 08:16 AM

Re: Silly question ?
[QUOTE=woodsman;3571465]Do you need a bike license for track days?[/QUOTE]

You need a [B]licence[/B] ...:mad2::mad2:

woodsman 13th May 2019 08:59 AM

Re: Silly question ?
So provisional would do for track training days at Mondello?

PJ 13th May 2019 09:19 AM

Re: Silly question ?
[QUOTE=woodsman;3571480]So provisional would do for track training days at Mondello?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and once you get the cert you can do trackdays at Mondello.
No restrictions in Kirkistown. Turn up, pay the fee, sign the disclaimer
and off you go.

bow leg 13th May 2019 05:50 PM

Re: Silly question ?
You do not need a licence for a track training day. They are designed for people who either have a provisional licence, or no licence. Your riding ability will be assessed in the paddock, well before you get near the track. You'll get some basic instruction on what to expect, and what's expected of you when you do get out on track. It's all very basic and well marshaled. If you pass the assessment, you get your cert, which allows you to do normal trackdays. That's when you start spending every penny you have on bikes and trackdays.:thumbsup2:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:59 AM.