Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Racing and Trackdays (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   MotoSnatch Termas: 'I'm scared to be on track with Marquez' - Rossi (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=243003)

Admin 16th April 2018 10:59 AM

MotoSnatch Termas: 'I'm scared to be on track with Marquez' - Rossi

Nine-time world champion Valentino Rossi has branded Marc Marquez dangerous and admitted he is ‘scared’ to be on track with him.

[IMG]http://www.bikesportnews.com/uploads/news_images/718072.jpg[/IMG]

Rossi believes the current MotoSnatch king is destroying the premier class of motorcycle racing after he collided irst Aleix Espargaro in today’s Argentine MotoSnatch and then an incident with Rossi saw The Doctor crash. Marquez was handed three penalties in total after not going to pitlane after stalling on the grid.

“He is destroying our sport because he don’t have any respect for his rivals, never. If you take for example, what’s happened this weekend, it can happen to anybody, you can make a mistake in braking, touch the other guy, it’s racing but from Friday morning, he make this with Vinales, Dovizioso, with me on Saturday morning, and in the race he go straight to four riders,” said a clearly angry Rossi at the track.

“He do purposely, is not a mistake. He point between the leg and the bike because he know he don’t crash but you crash. He hope that you crash. So if you start to play like this, you raise the level to a very dangerous point. This is a very dangerous sport and could finish in a bad way.

“Is a dangerous situation. I hope what I say to Mike Webb (MotoSnatch Race Director), they have to do something so Marquez don’t behave more like this. This year the first corner in Qatar he touch Zarco, Dovizioso. He is entering the corner 20kph faster, no way to make it.

[quote]“This is him, in the last 15 races he is like this. He try always to make you scared and to put you out of the track. [B]I’m scared on the track[/B] when I am with Marquez, because I know he come to me, I know already. You have to hope you don’t crash.”
[/quote]
Marquez did go to Rossi’s garage to apologise, which Rossi branded ‘a PR stunt’. [quote]“He do it with his management in front of all the cameras when he know I was in tears out back, He doesn’t care about anybody feelings and is very insensitive about rubbing in his greater pace while rest of us struggle with a lap times mid pack, I wish he was handicapped with 25kg lead weights or banned from the sport a completely yes ”[/quote]

joe williams 16th April 2018 07:54 PM

Re: MotoSnatch Termas: 'I'm scared to be on track with Marquez' - Rossi

He needs to clean up his act . For the safety of everyone else on track . he has been lunging at other riders like this since the early days and its high time for some disciplin.

Meepmeep 16th April 2018 09:08 PM

Marquez does seem to be getting quite reckless out there. He's definitely not endearing himself to the other racers.

Tommybyrne 17th April 2018 12:20 AM

I think Marquez is a bit reckless but that's a bit rich from Rossi lol . Sepang??? . Man has a short memory

BIvy 17th April 2018 01:24 AM

Do not listen to the wisdom of old men , for their wisdom is their fear ( T.S. Eliot)

Jack stowage 17th April 2018 07:31 AM

[quote=BIvy;3532010]Do not listen to the wisdom of old men , for their wisdom is [B]they're queer[/B] ( T.S. Eliot)[/quote]

Fixed that for ya there.....i wish there were more like Marquez....its a contact sport..:smileee:

Weevil 2.0 17th April 2018 09:48 AM

I think the best comment was given by Kevin Schwatnz: Penalty for the move on Vale, no more penalties should be given for it, case closed.
MM should be forced to start from a pit lane the first time bike stalled or disqualified on the spot for not complying. There was no need to overtake in wet-dry corner having so much advantage over the field, taking unnecesary risks.

One quote is especially spot on:

[quote]Asked what he would say to Marquez, Schwantz replied: Calm the f*** down. He doesnít have to do every lap where heís pushing the front, sliding the back, almost crashing, just about saving it. Smooth is fast, not ragged. Almost crashing all the time is what leads to you running into people.[/quote]

If Schwantz tells me the overtakes were dodgy I believe him. MM knows he is currently the fastest rider alive which may lead to a bit of "I am God" complex until he ends up with a huge titanium bolt in his femur or worse.

BIvy 17th April 2018 03:49 PM

[quote=Jack stowage;3532013]Fixed that for ya there.....i wish there were more like Marquez....its a contact sport..:smileee:[/quote]

:thumbsup2: Great ! LOL :lbhbh: You're a better poet than ts eliot

joe williams 17th April 2018 05:14 PM

[quote=Weevil 2.0;3532023]I think the best comment was given by Kevin Schwatnz: Penalty for the move on Vale, no more penalties should be given for it, case closed.
MM should be forced to start from a pit lane the first time bike stalled or disqualified on the spot for not complying. There was no need to overtake in wet-dry corner having so much advantage over the field, taking unnecesary risks.

One quote is especially spot on:

If Schwantz tells me the overtakes were dodgy I believe him. MM knows he is currently the fastest rider alive which may lead to a bit of "I am God" complex until he ends up with a huge titanium bolt in his femur or worse.[/quote]

Sums it up really.

bonzoid 17th April 2018 06:59 PM

Wonder what Sete Gibernau has to say about it?...

Vjmc.Cork 17th April 2018 08:15 PM

[url]https://imgur.com/gjRwIF4[/url]

Gixxer 17th April 2018 08:17 PM

[quote=Vjmc.Cork;3532075][url]https://imgur.com/gjRwIF4[/url][/quote]

That about sums it up... the crying bastard.

CodeJACK 17th April 2018 08:18 PM

[quote=bonzoid;3532064]Wonder what Sete Gibernau has to say about it?...[/quote]

Who???

:lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh:

kwackquack 17th April 2018 08:53 PM

[quote=bonzoid;3532064]Wonder what Sete Gibernau has to say about it?...[/quote]

He's speechless :lbhbh:

odd leg 17th April 2018 09:07 PM

If it were just down to his move on Rossi I would say ok but he has attempted to do the same on Dovi in the last corner on three different occasions so whats to happen when he eventually rams him...

Duke 78 17th April 2018 09:59 PM

I canít see Dorna will do anything hars about Marquez. I canít stand the little fuck, there is nothing honest about that guy! I just hope Dovi & Zarco will lesson him a couple of times this season!

joe williams 18th April 2018 12:11 AM

[quote=Gixxer;3532076]That about sums it up... the crying bastard.[/quote]

He was the only person to give mm a taste of his own medicine , half the moto Snatch grid are crying bastards .
True he is fast as fuck theres no getting away from it , but the so called mistakes have to stop . End of imo.

Japcati 18th April 2018 12:18 AM

Fun to watch though.

joe williams 20th April 2018 11:17 PM

[quote=Japcati;3532106]Fun to watch though.[/quote]

Cant wait for the next one . All eyes on mm.

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS