Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Rat, survival bikes. (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=248168)

mike lydon 15th April 2019 09:39 AM

Rat, survival bikes.

Hi all.
Any members have any rat or survival bikes.
Would be nice to see some pics and how they evolved over time for you.
Tia.

sidegrinder 17th April 2019 01:50 PM

Re: Rat, survival bikes.

Delboy's about to make shit of a gen 1 hyabusa on youtube there... you could follow that

RTV 17th April 2019 02:08 PM

[quote=sidegrinder;3569714]Delboy's about to make shit of a gen 1 hyabusa on youtube there... you could follow that[/quote]

I love how everyone gives him shite but yet, follow him every step of the way :rolleyes2:

I guess it's the popular thing to do?

The guy does whatever the fuck he wants with his own bikes and never apologies for it.

renniks 17th April 2019 02:24 PM

[quote=RTV;3569715]
The guy does whatever the fuck he wants with his own bikes and never apologies for it.[/quote]

Doing whatever you want to your own bikes is one thing, putting up dodgy 'advice' on Youtube, where someone with no fucking clue could see it & do it to their own bike, is another

RTV 17th April 2019 02:39 PM

[quote=renniks;3569717]Doing whatever you want to your own bikes is one thing, putting up dodgy 'advice' on Youtube, where someone with no fucking clue could see it & do it to their own bike, is another[/quote]

The internet is basically a gigantic ball of dodgy advise, it's up to the viewers discretion really.

And again, it cracks me up that everyone complains about it but yet everyone keeps watching him, it's not like you're being forced or it's the only thing on the TV really...

Jack stowage 17th April 2019 03:34 PM

Some people just like to bitch about everything...:bag:

Plenty in Mad Max 4...although it surprises me that theres endless amounts of parts and tyres available for big yank cars and jap bikes in the future.....Never noticed a CMSNL shop either.....:smileee:

renniks 17th April 2019 03:41 PM

[quote=Jack stowage;3569727]Some people just like to bitch about everything...:bag:

[/quote]

I'm sure if Del was to start posting his 'tips' in the workshop section of this forum, he'd get the head bit off him by one of the mods for giving out shite advice

sidegrinder 17th April 2019 03:55 PM

[quote=RTV;3569715]I love how everyone gives him shite but yet, follow him every step of the way :rolleyes2:

I guess it's the popular thing to do?

The guy does whatever the fuck he wants with his own bikes and never apologies for it.[/quote]

Oh I watched him in the past tho I skipped him making shit of a bandit, then making shit of a triumph tiger, I can assure ya I won't be tuning in to watch a "how to glue bits of car mat and dog hair to a busa and paint it with tuff paint " he could easily be restoring , he is buying most of the bits that need replacing, but as i said, anyone wanting to see a bike made shit of look no further.. .

RTV 18th April 2019 08:44 AM

[quote=sidegrinder;3569730]Oh I watched him in the past tho I skipped him making shit of a bandit, then making shit of a triumph tiger, I can assure ya I won't be tuning in to watch a "how to glue bits of car mat and dog hair to a busa and paint it with tuff paint " he could easily be restoring , he is buying most of the bits that need replacing, but as i said, anyone wanting to see a bike made shit of look no further.. .[/quote]

But that's what I find funny... for someone that doesn't follow him, you definitely seem to be much more up to date than I am... and I'm subscribed to his channel and actually watch his videos on a regular basis :lbhbh:

Gixxer 18th April 2019 11:21 AM

[quote=RTV;3569766]I'm subscribed to his channel and actually watch his videos on a regular basis :lbhbh:[/quote]
Ah, that's why you're being so defensive of him. :lbhbh:
Do you watch them for the comedy value or do you actually believe he knows his arse from his elbow?

renniks 18th April 2019 11:31 AM

Lashings of copper paste on the back of brake pads, even though EBC say not to...
Lashings of thread lock, when a tiny bit will do, on a bolt that has a nyloc nut...
Using Hylomar on a sump plug...

Go Del!! :rolleyes2:

RTV 18th April 2019 11:43 AM

[quote=Gixxer;3569774]Ah, that's why you're being so defensive of him. :lbhbh:
Do you watch them for the comedy value or do you actually believe he knows his arse from his elbow?[/quote]

Missing my point, not defending anyone, don't give a shits really... just find funny how all bitch and complain about him but yet, follow him closely.

Never said that what Delboy does is good or bad, but if you think it's so bad, don't follow him and that's it.

Applies to everything, it's not like he's popping on every channel, radio, etc that you can't get away. If you don't actively click on the youtube videos, you won't have a clue on what he's working on or not, right?

renniks 18th April 2019 12:01 PM

[quote=RTV;3569778]Missing my point, not defending anyone, don't give a shits really... just find funny how all bitch and complain about him but yet, follow him closely.

Never said that what Delboy does is good or bad, but if you think it's so bad, don't follow him and that's it.

Applies to everything, it's not like he's popping on every channel, radio, etc that you can't get away. If you don't actively click on the youtube videos, you won't have a clue on what he's working on or not, right?[/quote]

Who says I follow him? I don't.

Tacking a load of mig wire inside the end can was another gem Del gave to us, when doing the Tiger rat bike

RTV 18th April 2019 12:16 PM

[quote=renniks;3569779]Who says I follow him? I don't.

Tacking a load of mig wire inside the end can was another gem Del gave to us, when doing the Tiger rat bike[/quote]

You are saying that bud, you have all the updates :lbhbh:

I found about the busa from the haters in this forum way before I saw the video, and that only started about a week ago and again... I'm supposed to be the one that follows him.

renniks 18th April 2019 12:33 PM

[quote=RTV;3569780]You are saying that bud, you have all the updates :lbhbh:

I found about the busa from the haters in this forum way before I saw the video, and that only started about a week ago and again... I'm supposed to be the one that follows him.[/quote]

I get all my 'updates' about Del's from The Workshop if you must know - he does the occasional vid on Del's latest fuck up

mike lydon 18th April 2019 01:57 PM

Well, this went off and a completely different tangent lom

Mr Snapped Banjo String 18th April 2019 02:09 PM

[quote=mike lydon;3569791]Well, this went off and a completely different tangent lom[/quote]

Have you not copped that at this point...
See your problem is.. you started with what you actually wanted to talk about... you should have started a conversation on bullshit or dog shit... and before long it would have made it's way around to rat bikes... :lbhbh:

sidegrinder 18th April 2019 02:15 PM

[quote=RTV;3569766]But that's what I find funny... for someone that doesn't follow him, you definitely seem to be much more up to date than I am... and I'm subscribed to his channel and actually watch his videos on a regular basis :lbhbh:[/quote]

I think you're going to have to explain how I can be more up to date when you watch regularly? maybe you need to actually watch what he's at. I'm not the type will criticise for the sake of it I've watched his videos. I stand over what I said, anyone wants to see a bike destroyed look no further.

renniks 18th April 2019 02:27 PM

[quote=RTV;3569778]

Never said that what Delboy does is good or bad, but if you think it's so bad, don't follow him and that's it.[/quote]

By that logic, and your admission that you follow his channel, do you think what he does is good?

sidegrinder 18th April 2019 02:41 PM

[quote=mike lydon;3569791]Well, this went off and a completely different tangent lom[/quote]
not too far off I hope, you wanted info on rats, I gave a valid direction to look in, have fun..

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS