Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Need help with Skyteam 125 ts (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=248166)

Ianik 14th April 2019 11:51 PM

Need help with Skyteam 125 ts

Hello guys.Today I had visited my uncle and he gave me this bike he had in his garage for a while.He told me its a Skyteam 125 from 2005 and that its not really working.I took it as a small easter project.So I got the bike starting.But when I went online I couldnt find a single thing wrote about the bike or a manual which would be very handy.And this might sound stupid but I am not really good at riding bike but I know that when a bike is in gear it souldnt move freely.I went through all the gears to find the bike is moving freely.Any help with the problem or a user manual would be great.Thank you

Ianik 14th April 2019 11:57 PM

Re: Need help with Skyteam 125 ts

I forgot to mention that the chain is snapped

Gixxer 15th April 2019 05:03 AM

Best advice would be to see if anyone would swap it for a bottle of Lidl's finest vodka. At least that way you can still wake up with a headache, but it'll be gone later that day.

joe williams 15th April 2019 07:56 AM

[quote=Ianik;3569395]Hello guys.Today I had visited my uncle and he gave me this bike he had in his garage for a while.He told me its a Skyteam 125 from 2005 and that its not really working.I took it as a small easter project.So I got the bike starting.But when I went online I couldnt find a single thing wrote about the bike or a manual which would be very handy.And this might sound stupid but I am not really good at riding bike but I know that when a bike is in gear it souldnt move freely.I went through all the gears to find the bike is moving freely.Any help with the problem or a user manual would be great.Thank you[/quote]

If it has an automatic clutch it will probably do that.

jic44 15th April 2019 08:45 AM

it will do that because it has a snapped chain

manbearpig 15th April 2019 08:48 AM

[quote=Gixxer;3569402]Best advice would be to see if anyone would swap it for a bottle of Lidl's finest vodka. At least that way you can still wake up with a headache, but it'll be gone later that day.[/quote]

:doh: :lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh:

Fucking hell gixxer - I needed that laugh

woodsman 15th April 2019 09:56 AM

[quote=Gixxer;3569402]Best advice would be to see if anyone would swap it for a bottle of Lidl's finest vodka. At least that way you can still wake up with a headache, but it'll be gone later that day.[/quote]

Sad but possibly true.:devil:

N11 EXPRESS 15th April 2019 10:17 AM

What do you mean? Is the bike creeping forward while clutch is engaged?

allsorts&oddjobs 15th April 2019 12:29 PM

[quote=jic44;3569409]it will do that because it has a snapped chain[/quote]

This , anyone else actually read the post?, sounds like a young lad to me.

@op, if the chain is snapped it has no connection between the power unit and wheels so it will always freewheel, no offense but you sound clueless, anyone nearby that could take you through the basics? Theres a few youtube videos that show you how to do basic maintenance, start there.

nednedned 15th April 2019 11:18 PM

Could be one of them ride by wire jobs. Between the engine and back wheel.:lbhbh:

DavyH 16th April 2019 12:05 AM

So fucking true:lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh:

me2 16th April 2019 12:12 AM

The China man say he won't recycle any of our junk no more, and specially not our skyteam bikes, so sorrys.

efanton 16th April 2019 02:16 AM

ah lads give the poor lad a break.

Ianik, dont be put off, you need thick skin in this forum. No one means any harm.
Sound to me like you are new to motor bikes.

Skyteam bikes are very cheap Chinese bikes that have no dealership support and really should be avoided as they seem to be utterly unreliable and prone to things going wrong. But being you got the bike for nothing, its probably worth a little time and effort to see if you can get it going and who knows if you get the biking bug you move on to a better bike.

As has been said the chain connects the rear wheel to the engine. If the chain is broke then there nothing connecting the engine (or gearbox) to the back wheel so the bike will free wheel even if the engine is running or in gear.

As its a new bike to you the first thing I would do is check the oil level. Loads of videos out there on youtube for simple bike mechanics for you to watch to see how to do that. You dont want to be running a bike engine unless you know the oil level is correct, unless of course you want to create even more serius problems. Once your have done that REMOVE THE BROKEN CHAIN BEFORE trying to start the engine and see if she will stay running at idle.

The chain goes over two sprockets (cogs), one on the rear wheel and one usually on the left hand side near the bottom rear of the engine. If you put the bike in gear you should see the front sprocket spinning. If it does then all you need is a new chain fitted, and probably best left to someone who has fit a chain before as you need a special tool to join the links on a chain and if done wrong the chain can snap. A chain snapping while you are riding a bike can be seriously dangerous, there no end of horror stories and videos of injuries caused by that, so probably best to get someone else to do it for you. Any bike mechanic can do that for you, you don't need to find a Skyteam dealer.

If after starting the engine, and putting the bike in gear the font sprocket doesn't spin then its likely that the clutch or gear box is feck'd. I have no idea where you would get the parts, so the best thing would be to get a bile mechanic to take a look and then give you an estimate for how much it will cost to fix.

You dont say how old you are, or how much experience you have with bikes, so forgive me if I have simplified too much for you. I assumed you are a younger lad who has just got his hands on potentially their first bike. I hope you get it sorted .

efanton 16th April 2019 02:37 AM

You might find this site helpful

[url]http://www.skyteamparts.com/[/url]

ciderking 17th April 2019 07:33 PM

Is it a horizontal Honda 50 type engine or a vertical upright engine. If its the first I have a Lifan 85cc 4speed manual engine with about 600 kms on it you can have. While in general its chinky rubbish Skyteam isn't the worst and parts are easy to get. Try Ooracing in the UK :thumbsup2:

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS