Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Adventure Motorcycles / Overlanders.ie Open Day this weekend (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=248123)

Admin 5th April 2019 09:47 AM

Adventure Motorcycles / Overlanders.ie Open Day this weekend

Don’t miss what’s shaping up to be an excellent weekend with [B]plenty of demo motorcycles available for test rides[/B], special offers on clothing and accessories, clearance sales on selected end of line items, updated Overlanders calendars including Munich as a new shipping destination and new guided tours for 2020 including the Canary Islands , Picos & Pyrenees, Romania…. the list goes on!

[IMG]https://www.overlanders.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/DSC_0171-768x512.jpg[/IMG]

Where: Overlanders & AMI Shop, Gorey Business Park, Co.Wexford

Map: [URL="https://www.google.com/maps/place/AMI+Overlanders/@52.7894018,-7.1653056,8.71z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x753a6f03f9b82f71!8m2!3d52.6661285!4d-6.3102595"]Gorey Business Park[/URL]

When:
[quote]
Saturday 6th April from 09.00 to 17.30
Sunday 7th April from 10.00 to 15.00[/quote]

Demo Motorcycles Include:
[quote]
Moto Guzzi V85TT
Honda CRF1000L Adv Sports
Honda CB500X (new 2019 model)
Honda CRF 450L
Honda Monkey Bike
Yamaha MT-09 Tracer (2017 model)
Yamaha MT-07
Yamaha R3[/quote]

Booking and sign-up for all test rides takes place in shop on the day. Appropriate license is required. Test rides are hourly on the hour from 10.00am.

New Display Motorcycles from:[quote]
KTM
Honda
Aprilia (RSV4 RF Factory & Tuono 1100 Factory) :ninja:
Suzuki
Yamaha
many others…[/quote]

Special Offers and Clearance Sales on clothing from:[quote]
Knox
Scott
Touratech
[/quote]
Other Exhibitors include:
[quote]
Principal Insurance
FBOS – First Bike on Scene with course scheduled for 27th April
[/quote]

BBQ Food & refreshments free of charge!

Heard nothing but good reports about AMI, they throw on a good spread and it could be a great destination for a rideout this weekend, More details on their website here ;

[url]https://www.overlanders.ie/2019/04/04/open-weekend-sat-6th-and-sun-7th-april-2019/[/url]

Gixxer 5th April 2019 11:50 AM

Re: Adventure Motorcycles / Overlanders.ie Open Day this weekend

I see they set up a grueling obstacle course for the up and coming wannabe Ewans.

[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/7828/40575365233_7e648affa6_b.jpg[/IMG]

SUGS 5th April 2019 12:04 PM

Great bunch of people to do business with ... :thumbsup2:

menapia dude 5th April 2019 12:07 PM

tried to do a deal couple of years ago on a bike,they never got back to me so wont be supporting them

PJ 5th April 2019 12:14 PM

[quote=menapia dude;3568729]tried to do a deal couple of years ago on a bike,they never got back to me so wont be supporting them[/quote]

If I were you I'd go and tell them that.

menapia dude 5th April 2019 12:28 PM

[quote=PJ;3568733]If I were you I'd go and tell them that.[/quote]

their loss ,i wont be running after any salesman not the done thing

PJ 5th April 2019 12:35 PM

[quote=menapia dude;3568734]their loss ,i wont be running after any salesman not the done thing[/quote]

Totally, but they might do you a deal if they ever get a bike you want.
It's like the signs you see in restaraunts:
"If you like what we do, tell others, if you dont, tell us" :thumbsup2:

Admin 5th April 2019 12:41 PM

[quote=Gixxer;3568722]I see they set up a grueling obstacle course for the up and coming wannabe Ewans.

[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/7828/40575365233_7e648affa6_b.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Some of their adventure tours are proper bone-breaking-if-you-get-it-wrong type stuff.

Ewan and Charlie McWannabes are the only ones clocking up miles ( more than your typical 10mile blast on a sunny day rider) thesedays, but it's interesting to see an Aprilia RF Factory in the showroom even if sportsbikes are dying out.

Unfortunately it's overweight gits, full of their own self importance, hobbling around talking shit and thinking they're george clooney who are only ones buying new bikes these days :bag:

Jack stowage 5th April 2019 01:21 PM

[quote=Admin;3568736]Some of their adventure tours are proper bone-breaking-if-you-get-it-wrong type stuff.

Ewan and Charlie McWannabes are the only ones clocking up miles ( more than your typical 10mile blast on a sunny day rider) thesedays, but it's interesting to see an Aprilia RF Factory in the showroom even if sportsbikes are dying out.

[B]Unfortunately it's overweight gits, full of their own self importance, hobbling around talking shit and thinking they're george clooney who are only ones buying new bikes these days [/B] :bag:[/quote]

Thats a fairly accurate description of EVERY "Adventure " bike rider i've seen in wicklow of a sunday....:lbhbh:

Admin 5th April 2019 01:39 PM

As Hewie Lewis sang on the wireless back in '63, The adventure riders arent here for a long time, theyre here for a good time.

Gixxer 5th April 2019 01:42 PM

[quote=Jack stowage;3568738]Thats a fairly accurate description of EVERY "Adventure " bike rider i've seen in wicklow of a sunday....:lbhbh:[/quote]

It's funny because it's true :lbhbh:

It's a wash of espresso induced euphoria amid a sea of white beards and Platinum cards.

SUGS 5th April 2019 03:29 PM

[quote=Admin;3568740] The adventure riders arent here for a long time, theyre here for a good time.[/quote]

Isn't this true for us all?

[quote=Gixxer;3568741]It's funny because it's true :lbhbh:

It's a wash of espresso induced euphoria amid a sea of white beards and Platinum cards.[/quote]

Sounds like a Harley Davidson get together..:woots:

johnny b 5th April 2019 03:50 PM

I don't get all the bike bashing.
The more of us the less of them that try to kill us with cages.
If biker want to get 20k Gs adventures more power to them even if they don't use all the potential.

Remember sports bikes cost 20k plus now for stock blades and most won't use them to there full potential either.

New bikes are gone mad money, old bikes are still mad money but who gives a shit a bike is still a bike.
Wether it's an imperial Harley, a metric Ducati with less reliability than one Would wish for or anything with two wheels that gets you about some should keep an open mind.

It's great to see an Irish shop being supported and I have to say AMI have turned up to every bike show I have been at since they opened bringing demos and models that main dealers felt were too precious for the masses to sit on.

More of this open day craic is very welcome.

Gixxer 5th April 2019 03:53 PM

[quote=SUGS;3568748]Sounds like a Harley Davidson get together..:woots:[/quote]
They're interchangeable, and usually one in the same person, with a set of textiles and stories of Alps trips for their roundel donning friends, and shiny HD merchandise and beard extensions for their hog meet-ups, with stories of terrorizing grandmothers who dare to have patches on their quilts.

Gixxer 5th April 2019 04:03 PM

[quote=johnny b;3568752]I don't get all the bike bashing.[/quote]
Apparently not :lbhbh:

Jack stowage 5th April 2019 05:13 PM

[quote=johnny b;3568752]I don't get all the bike bashing.

Remember sports bikes cost 20k plus now for stock blades and [B]most won't use them to there full potential either.[/B]

.[/quote]

When was the last time you saw a proper dirty "ad" bike..and driving on the grass because she didnt leave you enough room to get to the garage doesnt count....:smileee:

SoulX 5th April 2019 05:21 PM

[quote=Jack stowage;3568764]When was the last time you saw a proper dirty "ad" bike..and driving on the grass because she didnt leave you enough room to get to the garage doesnt count....:smileee:

.[/quote]

Here ya go,problem solved.You're welcome :lbhbh:
[url]https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.com/products/spray-on-mud[/url]

Jack stowage 5th April 2019 05:26 PM

:lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh:....is it permanent....dont forget to do the gear too...dont want to look like a knob...:smileee:

Admin 5th April 2019 05:37 PM

Spray on mud,.. Just when you think you've seen it all :rolleyes2:

Gixxer 5th April 2019 05:52 PM

[quote=Admin;3568768]Spray on mud,.. Just when you think you've seen it all :rolleyes2:[/quote]

Fucking genius idea. I'm surprised nobody thought of it sooner :lbhbh:

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS