Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Old 25th April 2013, 03:10 PM
hoolie

Biker.ie Member No. 1
29,437 posts since May 2005
Motorbike: Honda Shadow VLX
Modifications: Crocodile skin seats
Arrow TT riders line up for Cookstown this weekend!

Perennial TT fans’ favourite Guy Martin, fresh from taking three wins at the Ian Watson Spring Cup, will be in action at Cookstown this weekend as he continues his warm-up for the Isle of Man TT.

Click the image to open in full size.

The Tyco by TAS Suzuki star pleased race goers at the Scarborough meeting last weekend with an impressive display on the narrow, undulating Oliver’s Mount circuit.

With a winter’s worth of fettling on his Suzuki machines Guy will be looking to upset local favourites Michael and William Dunlop at Cookstown on Saturday.

Three-time Isle of Man TT winner Michael, who’ll be swapping his Honda TT Legends leathers for the distinctive Hunts/McAdoo outfit, is likely to be especially race fit - if he’s recovered after his gruelling sessions at the Bol d’Or last weekend.

Brother William on the flamboyant Milwaukee Yamaha says that only a win at the TT this year will be good enough for him – and his team – and what better way to start than with wins on Northern Ireland’s roads course.

With a pack of other TT stars on the start lists Cookstown is by no means a foregone conclusion for this trio.

Bradford’s Dean Harrison, the current leader of the Duke Road Race Rankings, and one of the star performers at TT 2012 will be making his Cookstown debut.

The RC Express Racing youngster’s not fazed by the new challenge though ‘I’ve done a few rounds of the Irish championship before but I’ve only ever seen Cookstown on TV. It looks right good craic and a good bit of fun, and it’ll give me a chance to sort a few little teething problems out with our new Superbike.’

Dean, son of TT sidecar legend Conrad Harrison, had an outstanding season in 2012 where he and KMR Kawasaki’s Jamie Hamilton seemed to trade the ‘Best Newcomer’ title at all the major meetings.

Hamilton, riding for Ryan Farquhar’s Vauxhall (Northern Ireland dealers) backed team will contest the Supertwin, Supersport and Superbike races and he’ll be looking to better his 2nd place in the 650s at the 2012 meeting.

Maria Costello will contest the Supertwin, Moto3 and Supersport races onboard an ER-6, NSF250 and 675R Daytona respectively.

Derek Sheils, who makes his TT debut in June, will also be making the trek up from Dublin with CD Racing team.
Old 25th April 2013, 05:45 PM
is sick of your shit !!

Biker.ie Member No. 6670 from Dublin
12,523 posts since Sep 2007
Motorbike: yes
Modifications: Go Faster Stripes and Battle Puck goats
Default Re: TT riders line up for Cookstown this weekend!

Is that where Guy got mugged by some real dodgie fooker ?
Old 25th April 2013, 06:11 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 31102
632 posts since Mar 2013
Motorbike: CBR500R
Modifications: seat cowl & Danmoto

Martin said: “Yeah I've only good things to say about the Cookstown 100.

“It's a well run event and the fans are mad for it boy... they are mad for it.

“For me it doesn't really matter what the weather is doing, but for the boys behind the hedges and organisers, I know they'd rather have it proper dry for a good day's racing,” he added. “I can deal with that.”

Martin, a winner at Cookstown in the Superbike class in 2012, is the lap record holder at the Irish meeting and is determined to hold onto that status this weekend.

“They always put out a top class field of riders at Cookstown, and with the two Dunlops on the grid, it should be a right good meeting.

“Yeah it's maybe regarded as a run out before the North West and we can say the results don't matter, but I've still got the lap record and I'd like to keep hold of that,” he added.

“And I'm sure the Dunlops won't be messing around – so we'll certainly have a go.”

Ryan Farquhar's Vauxhall KMR Kawasaki team will also be in action at the event with Brian McCormack and Jamie Hamilton leading the charge for the former top road racer.
Old 25th April 2013, 06:50 PM
hoolie

Biker.ie Member No. 1
29,437 posts since May 2005
Motorbike: Honda Shadow VLX
Modifications: Crocodile skin seats

Originally Posted by Theblackbaron
the camera luvs him
Old 25th April 2013, 10:58 PM
wheeliemeister

Biker.ie Member No. 22653 from athlone
671 posts since Jun 2010
Motorbike: K5 1000/ bandit 1200

Originally Posted by Theblackbaron
Nice cheers

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Support Biker.ie

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed