Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > The Workshop

Old 5th November 2018, 05:48 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

Biker.ie Member No. 36558
1 posts since Sep 2016
Motorbike: Yamaha YBR 125
Modifications: Polished
Default Honda CB-1, won't turn on temporarely if engine stopped on first try in a day

Hey,

Since couple months ago, my Honda CB-1 400 1989 started to act.

When turning on ignition, I have to have choke to fully on and rev properly as soon as I hit ignition. Few revs + choke fine keep it on --> all good.

But.., If I won't keep pistons going with revs at the start on with engough choke next few min, engine can stop.

It's not a problem if that stops, I believe it's normal in the beginning to properly heat up with a choke on old bikes.

But! problem is... when trying to turn on second time after engine stopped suddenly, she won't start. And this is not battery issue, I've chaned it couple months ago, and charged it recently.

She would start half an hour later or so...

I'm not a mechanic, and only speculating, can it be something with air flow? as after first time try, air been used, and then need to wait....any other ideas?
Old 5th November 2018, 06:13 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 25910
563 posts since Apr 2011
Motorbike: CBR1100XX3, CBR900RRW
Default Re: Honda CB-1, won't turn on temporarely if engine stopped on first try in a day

How do the rubber boots for the carbs look? I'm guessing they might have cracked and too much air is making it in.
Old 5th November 2018, 07:02 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 5983
1,259 posts since Jun 2007
Motorbike: fazer
Default Re: Honda CB-1, won't turn on temporarely if engine stopped on first try in a day

what rpm does the bike idle at when it's warmed up?

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > The Workshop

Tags
cb1, day, engine, honda, stopped, temporarely, turn