Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Old 25th October 2018, 05:20 PM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
34,049 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide
read-this WorldSBK Lake Torrent developer goes into receivership

Lake Torrentís development company has just gone into receivership.

Click the image to open in full size.

Manna Developments, the company behind the proposed Lake Torrent circuit in Northern Ireland, has gone into receivership, according to Companies House.

The 160-acre development to turn claypits into a world class motorsport venue - which had already secured a WorldSBK deal - is now under serious threat.

The venue, Coalisland an historic mining town with 9 pits in total, is reported to have housed up to £3 million pounds each from investors in bitcoin currency and had operated as an underground virtual mining rig while development proceeded overhead.

However, works were ground to a halt earlier this year after a nominated subcontractor brought a canary down a disused coal mine located only yards from the proposed track and it died, prompting a full investigation from health and safety officials which is estimated to run into several million pounds.

With the site deemed unsafe even for security personnel, a South Korean crypto group called 'Lazarus' are believed to have shut down the generators and hacked Lake Torrent's mining wallets resulting in accrued losses for the company of up to 30million pounds and leaving them unable to meet any further financial obligations.

Attempts to resuscitate the finch failed, and the RSPCA are said to be conducting their own separate line of enquiry into this incident.
Old 25th October 2018, 08:26 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 23155
1,396 posts since Jul 2010
Motorbike: Katana
Default Re: WorldSBK Lake Torrent developer goes into receivership

Yep trying to do good things for the biking community is hard work, my experience is you are always on your knees, so is it worth it?? well fair play to all who keep the fight going, I'm looking into a National Motorcycle Museum but it sure aint easy and most probably a non runner due to the difficulties involved, but we must keep fighting (probably before giving up but you have to try), shame about the track, it might happen yet
Old 25th October 2018, 08:55 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 28051
3,660 posts since Jan 2012
Motorbike: zx6r
Modifications: fines

Originally Posted by VJMC
Yep trying to do good things for the biking community is hard work, my experience is you are always on your knees, so is it worth it?? well fair play to all who keep the fight going, I'm looking into a National Motorcycle Museum but it sure aint easy and most probably a non runner due to the difficulties involved, but we must keep fighting (probably before giving up but you have to try), shame about the track, it might happen yet
Insurance cost is what kills most projects
Old 25th October 2018, 09:35 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 23155
1,396 posts since Jul 2010
Motorbike: Katana

well not with a museum, funding is an issue and many more issues, as with the track and many other good motorcycling projects, all ya need is a truck load of cash and anything can be done
Old 25th October 2018, 11:11 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 15104 from Meath
1,553 posts since Mar 2009
Motorbike: fz1, 34-26-35
Modifications: none

Canaries & Finches but not a sign of a Blackbird, typical.....
Old 26th October 2018, 06:00 PM
Lurking boogeyman

Biker.ie Member No. 5615 from North West
941 posts since May 2007
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: XJSXVCRFLH2890
Modifications: Yeah. A few.

'This canary died of natural causes'....

'BACK IN THE HOLE!'....
Old 26th October 2018, 06:06 PM
Lurking boogeyman

Biker.ie Member No. 5615 from North West
941 posts since May 2007
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: XJSXVCRFLH2890
Modifications: Yeah. A few.

I am smelling a distinct whiff of fake news, but several Google searches are leading me to believe that this is just about plausible... I'm intrigued!
Old 27th October 2018, 09:32 AM
MotoGP Star

Biker.ie Member No. 15313 from Wherever i lay my hat
861 posts since Apr 2009
Motorbike: Gsxr 1000 KY,

A coroners report found that the bird suffered a heart attack and not inhilation of toxins....., relatives of the bird confirmed that he had suffered from claustrophobia...R.I.P
Old 6th November 2018, 01:41 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 6387 from Dublin 16
1,534 posts since Aug 2007
Motorbike: '07 TDM 900,'00 Cub90, RGV250 (in a box)
Modifications: 900 has a scottoiler/centre stand/high screen/L.E.

Originally Posted by scorpy
I am smelling a distinct whiff of fake news, but several Google searches are leading me to believe that this is just about plausible... I'm intrigued!
Manna looks to have a receiver appointed alright - https://companycheck.co.uk/company/N...ITED/documents

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays