Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > Other > Buying and Selling

Old 6th June 2018, 09:43 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 15595 from Galway
151 posts since Apr 2009
Motorbike: KTM 950 SM
Default Watch out for counterfeits notes and hayabusa covered in shite

Hi all,
When selling anything,watch out for scumbags who use counterfeits notes. Yesterday lad put up ad on DD,within 30 there was scums from Dublin on the way to Limerick get the bike. Lucky,the lad copped on theyre fake.

Another thing.

Spent time(2hrs each way) and money to see hayabusa- ''showroom,mint condition,brand new tires,brand new break pads,best in the country etc''

Met the fella,came on busa flying,blocked backed wheel when stopping,told us to follow him,wheelied busa in the middle of village,overtook every car possible,had to wait for us 4-5 times as we got stuck behind those cars.

Arrived to find the bike half covered in cow shite (not joking,radiator full of it) not washed in few months,every inch of the bike covered in flies,tires that meant to be brand new square as fuck,if youd see them you wouldnt believe. Lad reckons theire perfect! brakes were new-but 5000miles back. Said he doesnt care if i buy the bike or not,he loves it. Could not shut up for 2 seconds(highly possible on drugs,i mean it) Got fucking furious when i said i wont be getting it,told me to fuck off and all the stuff WTF?
Old 6th June 2018, 09:45 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 35571 from Dublin
736 posts since Dec 2015
Motorbike: Bimota YB9 SRI
Modifications: Wear and Tear!
Default Re: Watch out for counterfeits notes and hayabusa covered in shite

?????????

I want some of that.
Old 6th June 2018, 09:48 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 34191
2,045 posts since Dec 2014
Motorbike: Cb,Vtr,Xrv,Nt
Modifications: A few bits and pieces!

We're unfortunate to have to share this island with some real fucking morons.... I dread having to use donedeal, as a buyer or seller.
Old 6th June 2018, 10:08 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 3989
2,161 posts since Nov 2006
Motorbike: Gsxr 1000 L1
Modifications: Tax

Sold loads of bikes and bought loads of bikes on donedeal. Far far more good experiences than bad tbh. I usually find if a lad/lassie has put a bit of effort into the add it means the bike is usually grand but if it's one of these one or two line adds with text talk it means they are usually muppets and to be avoided. These are rough guidelines but this plus a few minutes spent on a phone call to the seller in my opinion separate the ones like you have described OP from the genuine ones. Oh another no no is bike pics taken at night or in a garage or shed. Seriously if they can't be arsed wheeling it into the outside daylight for a few pictures they must not really want to sell it.
Old 6th June 2018, 10:32 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 36041
344 posts since Apr 2016
Motorbike: BMW F650
Modifications: Air freshner

Originally Posted by blk150
Sold loads of bikes and bought loads of bikes on donedeal. Far far more good experiences than bad tbh. I usually find if a lad/lassie has put a bit of effort into the add it means the bike is usually grand but if it's one of these one or two line adds with text talk it means they are usually muppets and to be avoided. These are rough guidelines but this plus a few minutes spent on a phone call to the seller in my opinion separate the ones like you have described OP from the genuine ones. Oh another no no is bike pics taken at night or in a garage or shed. Seriously if they can't be arsed wheeling it into the outside daylight for a few pictures they must not really want to sell it.
You said it.
Old 6th June 2018, 11:02 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 6549
1,582 posts since Aug 2007
Motorbike: 1098s,600rr,950smr,RMZ450

I agree totally, there are a lot of Muppets both buying and selling on DD, Adverts etc. but the first 60 seconds of a conversation on the phone usually seperate the time wasters from genuine lads 90% of the time. Good close up photos before you travel tell a tale or two as well. Learned all these lessons the hard way after a few long journeys to buy "minters"
Old 7th June 2018, 03:26 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 32618 from Co Cork
139 posts since Jan 2014
Motorbike: FJR 1300

Have a bike on DD at the moment and I've had two messages from "buyers" who are telling me they cant come to view the bike but if I can guarantee the condition they will pay me and have the bike shipped to them. Anyone else getting this kind of shite? I'm not even 100% certain how it works but it has to be a scam? Anyone know of anyone caught this way?
Old 7th June 2018, 06:53 AM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 37293 from Cork
40 posts since May 2017
Motorbike: Honda Deauville 650

Originally Posted by WhyTea
Have a bike on DD at the moment and I've had two messages from "buyers" who are telling me they cant come to view the bike but if I can guarantee the condition they will pay me and have the bike shipped to them. Anyone else getting this kind of shite? I'm not even 100% certain how it works but it has to be a scam? Anyone know of anyone caught this way?
That's a fairly common scam. I work for a payment processor and we see people doing this shit all the time, especially in the US.

They make a payment online, bank transfer or whatever, and then after getting the bike/car or whatever they get on to their bank and claim it was fraudulent payment or the product is in bad condition.

Cash only for private sales is the way to go.
Old 7th June 2018, 07:45 AM
Clem Fandango

Biker.ie Member No. 11768 from Schlongford
843 posts since Aug 2008
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Blackbird, Husky SM, TZR

Report their ad as false and misleading
Old 7th June 2018, 11:45 AM
Resident gynaecologist

Biker.ie Member No. 19392
12,441 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy

Originally Posted by Sonics2k
That's a fairly common scam. I work for a payment processor and we see people doing this shit all the time, especially in the US.

They make a payment online, bank transfer or whatever, and then after getting the bike/car or whatever they get on to their bank and claim it was fraudulent payment or the product is in bad condition.

Cash only for private sales is the way to go.
Nah, it's the fake Paypal scam.
Old 8th June 2018, 10:46 AM
Wobbling Fledgling

Biker.ie Member No. 38142
18 posts since Apr 2018
Motorbike: yamaha fz6

Its some sort of scam, they sent too much money and you owe them etc when selling the car for the missus got a few, offering more money to ship to uk and all the other shite
Old 8th June 2018, 05:16 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 37435 from Blanch
402 posts since Jul 2017
Motorbike: dublin bus
Modifications: standard adult fare

Originally Posted by DJPscales
Its some sort of scam, they sent too much money and you owe them etc when selling the car for the missus got a few, offering more money to ship to uk and all the other shite
you've described the nigerian 419 scam, ya can Google it.
Old 8th June 2018, 06:04 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 22146 from Drogheda
427 posts since May 2010
Motorbike: Fazer 1
Modifications: petrol

I get these shit heads sending these messages any time i sell a bike. wankers form where ever, would luv to scam one of the pricks one day ............see how they take it......ha ha
Old 12th June 2018, 10:54 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 34969 from Cork
1,327 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: The all mighty GS

This, 100%.

I think all the bikes I bought/sold were through DD or Adverts except for my first bike which I got here and it's as described above.

Good descriptions, pictures and a quick phone call will tell you most of the story. Surely, there'll be the exception of someone not computer saavy who can't put a description online, but then again those should be exceptions.

Buying/selling anything privately is always a bit of a nightmare anywhere.
Old 12th June 2018, 12:08 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 35571 from Dublin
736 posts since Dec 2015
Motorbike: Bimota YB9 SRI
Modifications: Wear and Tear!

Damiano from Greece who was in such a rush to purchase my item(not a bike) off donedeal for the full asking price too has stopped returning my emails when I refused to accept his paypal funds and doesn't have online banking so can't transfer that way cos of the nature of his job can't get to the bank.... I'm gutted! Fucker! I'm going to Athens to track him down and shoot him like a dog....
Old 12th June 2018, 01:09 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 3193 from 0 to 60 in about 3.2 sec
2,541 posts since May 2006
Motorbike: Yer aul wan
Modifications: Sphincter tightener

Re: DD buyers.
I had a bike for sale, well priced at 6700, lots of nutjob messages but my favourite was from a lad that reckoned he could get the same bike, same year from the UK for 4500! My reply was "Why you messaging me, go buy the one in the UK". He gets back on explaining that he has to buy a helmet and a lock and chain but he could stretch to 5000. I told him to move on. He messaged again and asked if it had a fsh, I said yeah, but you need to talk to the new owner if you have any more questions!
Old 12th June 2018, 07:06 PM
Resident gynaecologist

Biker.ie Member No. 19392
12,441 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy

Originally Posted by PADDYOT
Re: DD buyers.
I had a bike for sale, well priced at 6700, lots of nutjob messages but my favourite was from a lad that reckoned he could get the same bike, same year from the UK for 4500! My reply was "Why you messaging me, go buy the one in the UK". He gets back on explaining that he has to buy a helmet and a lock and chain but he could stretch to 5000. I told him to move on. He messaged again and asked if it had a fsh, I said yeah, but you need to talk to the new owner if you have any more questions!
"I know I haven't even seen the bike and I know you want 5 grand for it but 2500 is as high as I can go because I saw one 5 years older somewhere else and it was cheaper, and I have to travel from Cork"

I got banned from adverts for ripping into one cnut who said something similar.

And why are they almost always from Cork!
Old 12th June 2018, 07:28 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 36294 from the big smoke
2,740 posts since Jun 2016
Motorbike: bicycle
Modifications: big belly

Originally Posted by Gixxer
"I know I haven't even seen the bike and I know you want 5 grand for it but 2500 is as high as I can go because I saw one 5 years older somewhere else and it was cheaper, and I have to travel from Cork"

Supposed too the the real capital
And all that shite that goes with it
Old 12th June 2018, 09:01 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 35390 from Clare
257 posts since Oct 2015
Motorbike: Fireblade
Modifications: (.) (.)

Had a knob phone me twice last night to arrange to see a bike, spent 20 mins answering his questions and he seemed really interested - then he never turned up
So many dicks on donedeal both buyers and sellers you'd wonder wtf is wrong with them, from now on I won't answer any more questions on the phone they can either come and stand in front of the bike and talk to me about it or fuck right off, fucking time wasting bastards
Sorry for the rant but just had a week of these fuckers on the phone
Old 12th June 2018, 09:19 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 36041
344 posts since Apr 2016
Motorbike: BMW F650
Modifications: Air freshner

Originally Posted by Gixxer

Cnuts to deal with in my experience...

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > Other > Buying and Selling

Tags
counterfeits, covered, hayabusa, notes, watch

Support Biker.ie

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed