Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Reply
 
  #1  
Old 6th June 2018, 06:43 PM
Meepmeep Meepmeep is online now
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 37750 from Dublin
115 posts since Oct 2017
Motorbike: RC8, GSXR1000
Modifications: A few bits & bobs
Default Principal can't / won't even quote me

With Cornmarket out of the Irish market, I got my renewal quote from Carole Nash, as per the arrangement between the two. It's not a bad quote, in fairness.

I then called Principal, as I'd heard good things.

They can't quote me as the ONLY place on their drop-down industry menu she can think to put me is 'ENTERTAINMENT' and that results in a 'no thanks', when she consulted her manager. Even though my occupation is 'Company Director', which their system loves.

I run an event management business. We plan and run some of the largest annual events in the country and operate internationally, consulting on huge projects blah blah.

Like, I know DJs traditionally fall into 'ENTERTAINMENT' and get loaded / refused as a result, due to driving at ungodly hours etc. I don't actually know what else legitimately falls into the 'ENTERTAINMENT' category. . .

. . . but because they can't think of where else I fit, they won't even quote me.

MCE, AXA and Liberty my other options to call, yeah?!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 6th June 2018, 06:58 PM
LarryDuff LarryDuff is offline
ISB Contender
 
Biker.ie Member No. 36671 from Limerick
307 posts since Oct 2016
Motorbike: Fireblade
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

you're obviously loaded
stop penny-pinching and just re-insure with carole nash

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 6th June 2018, 07:00 PM
Gixxer's Avatar
Gixxer Gixxer is offline
Resident gynaecologist
 
Biker.ie Member No. 19392
12,946 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

Originally Posted by Meepmeep
...I run an event management business. We plan and run some of the largest annual events in the country and operate internationally, consulting on huge projects blah blah.
Call them again and tell them you're a professional bragger.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 6th June 2018, 07:31 PM
kwackquack kwackquack is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 28051
3,660 posts since Jan 2012
Motorbike: zx6r
Modifications: fines
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

Do it online and put your profession as clerk/customer service, not your fault the dim bint can't use a bit of imagination
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 6th June 2018, 08:16 PM
Meepmeep Meepmeep is online now
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 37750 from Dublin
115 posts since Oct 2017
Motorbike: RC8, GSXR1000
Modifications: A few bits & bobs
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

Originally Posted by Gixxer
Call them again and tell them you're a professional bragger.
Haha my point is while what we do is probably rightly classed as ‘entertainment’ from a logical perspective, we do what we do as a professional service.

I actually even asked her to check ‘professional services’ as that’s often a category but no such luck.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 6th June 2018, 08:36 PM
Meepmeep Meepmeep is online now
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 37750 from Dublin
115 posts since Oct 2017
Motorbike: RC8, GSXR1000
Modifications: A few bits & bobs
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

Originally Posted by LarryDuff
you're obviously loaded
stop penny-pinching and just re-insure with carole nash

Far from it!

And if I were, I wouldn’t STAY loaded if I was paying over the odds and not shopping around.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 6th June 2018, 11:16 PM
Frisco's Avatar
Frisco Frisco is offline
............
 
Biker.ie Member No. 32483 from Meath
1,715 posts since Dec 2013
Motorbike: FJ1100
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

Do you actually attend and manage events? Do you drive around late at night after events?
If you work in event management then I suppose they're right in saying you work in entertainment.
Why wouldn't they accept director?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 6th June 2018, 11:55 PM
Caffeine Caffeine is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 35446 from Posh side of the Liffey
456 posts since Oct 2015
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Dirty FZ6
Modifications: Protective eco-coating
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

Originally Posted by LarryDuff
you're obviously loaded
stop penny-pinching and just re-insure with carole nash

They very nicely refused to insure me because of "excessive mileage"........ last year it was because i hadn't been in Ireland 3 years.... what's next years excuse... having a bike i bet!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 7th June 2018, 12:46 AM
Holy Moly Holy Moly is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 29352
1,186 posts since Jul 2012
Motorbike: Suzuki, Triumph, Aprilla
Modifications: Really stiff Springs !!
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

If your occupation is Company Director, what has that got to do with what industry you are in ?
Why not sales, morketing etc....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 7th June 2018, 07:51 AM
Meepmeep Meepmeep is online now
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 37750 from Dublin
115 posts since Oct 2017
Motorbike: RC8, GSXR1000
Modifications: A few bits & bobs
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

Originally Posted by Frisco
Do you actually attend and manage events? Do you drive around late at night after events?
If you work in event management then I suppose they're right in saying you work in entertainment.
Why wouldn't they accept director?
No they DID accept Company Director. They couldn't find a category for the industry other than 'entertainment'.

I can be early / late on events alright, but never with the bikes. I am always carrying gear etc. so use the cage for work. Commuting TO work in the office would be the only relevant use of there bikes from a work perspective.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 7th June 2018, 07:52 AM
Meepmeep Meepmeep is online now
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 37750 from Dublin
115 posts since Oct 2017
Motorbike: RC8, GSXR1000
Modifications: A few bits & bobs
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

Originally Posted by Holy Moly
If your occupation is Company Director, what has that got to do with what industry you are in ?
Why not sales, morketing etc....
Not sure.

I may call them back and ask them to read out every entry on the drop-down list so I can find one that's suitable myself. To be fair to the girl I spoke to she did try some other angles I gave her on the work we do but said she couldn't see anything suitable and the things she called out weren't right.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 7th June 2018, 09:00 AM
Admin's Avatar
Admin Admin is online now
Chief Physician
 
Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
34,060 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

You're in the porn industry aren't you ? Yeah, it's not on their system unfortunately, there is a section however for 'creative arts and media'.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11th June 2018, 12:26 AM
bananabrain bananabrain is offline
Novice Racer
 
Biker.ie Member No. 31186
38 posts since Mar 2013
Motorbike: None Yet
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

Originally Posted by Meepmeep
With Cornmarket out of the Irish market, I got my renewal quote from Carole Nash, as per the arrangement between the two. It's not a bad quote, in fairness.

I then called Principal, as I'd heard good things.

They can't quote me as the ONLY place on their drop-down industry menu she can think to put me is 'ENTERTAINMENT' and that results in a 'no thanks', when she consulted her manager. Even though my occupation is 'Company Director', which their system loves.

I run an event management business. We plan and run some of the largest annual events in the country and operate internationally, consulting on huge projects blah blah.

Like, I know DJs traditionally fall into 'ENTERTAINMENT' and get loaded / refused as a result, due to driving at ungodly hours etc. I don't actually know what else legitimately falls into the 'ENTERTAINMENT' category. . .

. . . but because they can't think of where else I fit, they won't even quote me.

MCE, AXA and Liberty my other options to call, yeah?!

Any free tickets you can offer for anything decent??
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11th June 2018, 04:09 PM
Frisco's Avatar
Frisco Frisco is offline
............
 
Biker.ie Member No. 32483 from Meath
1,715 posts since Dec 2013
Motorbike: FJ1100
Default Re: Principal can't / won't even quote me

Originally Posted by Meepmeep
Not sure.

I may call them back and ask them to read out every entry on the drop-down list so I can find one that's suitable myself. To be fair to the girl I spoke to she did try some other angles I gave her on the work we do but said she couldn't see anything suitable and the things she called out weren't right.
No need. They found the one that suits what you actually do and since you're including commuting to work on the policy they've loaded the policy to account for it.

Saying that you choose not to use the bike when you're out till all hours is little use to them. They'd be covering you if you do choose to.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
principal


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PRINCIPAL Insurance ... The Road Runner General Bike Chat 40 10th May 2018 02:14 PM
Renewing tax online - Principal Insurance issue? PADDYOT General Bike Chat 16 4th February 2018 07:43 PM
Teacher joke Southern Rider Jokes, Pics & Flics 7 30th January 2018 12:01 PM
A Plain Old Fashioned Joke McCloud Jokes, Pics & Flics 5 10th October 2006 08:47 PM
Little Johnny Jo. Jokes, Pics & Flics 2 11th February 2006 08:56 PM


Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed