Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Old 9th May 2018, 08:23 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 16587 from KK
1,490 posts since Jun 2009
Motorbike: Race while you can.
Default Re: Mondello Track Days

Originally Posted by miglo
Cheers, I think I'll try just that next time. I'm sure if I start to feel way off my pace there would be no problem to bounce back to novice.
What your hurry to get out of novice? If you're too quick in novice, the marshals will get you moved. Inters is a hodge podge of talents. It contains the riders who should be in novice, but think they're too quick and don't want to be seen as novice riders, proper inters who are quick enough, riders who should move up to advanced, but want to be seen as quick in that group, and riders who should be in advanced, but want to have a "battle" with their mates. All of the above out in one group, and all getting in each others way.
Old 9th May 2018, 11:00 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 26080 from Dublin
203 posts since Apr 2011
Motorbike: RC51, 954RR, SMT
Modifications: speed stickers

You sold it well, inters next time it is
Old 12th June 2018, 11:11 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 37968 from Cork
41 posts since Feb 2018
Motorbike: CBR 600 RR

Hey guys, I was looking into my first track day in Mondello park and saw that you need to go through a training day before that. Fair enough. But then... they say they only do training days between March and June?? Is that true?

I have all my track gear back home in Italy, so I would only be able to get everything to Ireland after mid August. Do I really have to wait till next year?
Old 12th June 2018, 11:18 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 33252
223 posts since May 2014
Motorbike: sp2, pre-inj cbr6

Originally Posted by fast3r
Hey guys, I was looking into my first track day in Mondello park and saw that you need to go through a training day before that. Fair enough. But then... they say they only do training days between March and June?? Is that true?

I have all my track gear back home in Italy, so I would only be able to get everything to Ireland after mid August. Do I really have to wait till next year?
If you have a full licence that's accepted. Not 100% about an italian one but i guess it'd be fine.
Old 12th June 2018, 11:23 PM
Supporter

41 posts since Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Aidanm
If you have a full licence that's accepted. Not 100% about an italian one but i guess it'd be fine.
Oh! The website doesn't specify that (or else I missed it). Thanks, I'll send them an email.

I've had a few track days before, I would have certainly enjoyed the course but if that meant waiting till next year, I'd certainly be happier going for the full track day and be "stuck" with the novices
Old 12th June 2018, 11:26 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 33252
223 posts since May 2014
Motorbike: sp2, pre-inj cbr6

Originally Posted by fast3r
Oh! The website doesn't specify that (or else I missed it). Thanks, I'll send them an email.

I've had a few track days before, I would have certainly enjoyed the course but if that meant waiting till next year, I'd certainly be happier going for the full track day and be "stuck" with the novices
The track day training is only a requirement on a provisional so should be grand. enjoy
Old 12th June 2018, 11:29 PM
Supporter

41 posts since Feb 2018

Awesome! First date available would be Wednesday the 12th of September. Anyone else in the forum will be attending (or interested in)?
Old 12th June 2018, 11:33 PM
Supporter

41 posts since Feb 2018

Although the National circuit does look quite boring compared to the more varied International...
That's a pity they have so few dates. I guess that October is already too late in the season to get decent weather.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Tags
cold, mondello park, trackday