Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > The Workshop

Old 17th February 2018, 07:03 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 37968 from Cork
44 posts since Feb 2018
Motorbike: CBR 600 RR
Default Dunlop Qualifier D209: opinions?

Hi guys, I'm going to pick up my new bike (CBR 600 RR '09) next month from the dealer, who is fitting it with new Dunlop Qualifier (D209) tyres.

Has anyone used the above extensively and can give me an opinion?
I always rode bikes in a country where the weather is much better (Italy), so our choice of tyres for a SS bike are very different. Haven't really ever used anything more "touring" than Metzeler M3, which were great for travelling but kind of suffered on grip when going a little bit more sporty (especially in summer with 30).

Given the weather in Ireland, obviously, wouldn't really consider a Diablo Rosso Corsa or similar my first choice. I'd like to know that the D209 are decent in the rain or wet roads.

Thanks in advance!
Old 17th February 2018, 08:17 PM
ACDC

Biker.ie Member No. 3220 from Cork boi
15,598 posts since May 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Hayabusa Street Fighter
Modifications: a few :)
Default Re: Dunlop Qualifier D209: opinions?

ive been using qualifiers for a few years now and there a fine tyre, great in the wet too but you be lucky to see 2, 2.5 k outta them ,
best spend an extra 40-60 if you can afford it and get the next Dunlops road smarts
Jist guessing but I see you in Cork and was it out in Tyners you got them as he stocks mainly them 240 for a set fitted and 280 give or take for the road smartys

grand site for the old tyre debate lol

and most lads on here would say the pilot powers 4 and they be bang on if you have the bobs

Last edited by acdc; 17th February 2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 19th February 2018, 02:01 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 21756 from Cork
1,080 posts since Apr 2010
Motorbike: Panzerwagen

Nothing actually wrong as such with them but they are real old skool and regarded as a competent budget tyre
Ask for the road smart 3s, haven't heard a bad word about them.
Old 21st February 2018, 08:16 PM
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 37968 from Cork
44 posts since Feb 2018
Motorbike: CBR 600 RR

Thanks for the opinions guys! I've actually asked them if they could fit the Road Smart III instead, I've been reading really great reviews about them. Even if I have to add some extra compared to the D209, I'm pretty sure it's going to be worth it

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > The Workshop

Tags
d209, dunlop, opinions, qualifier

Support Biker.ie

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed