Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 16th October 2018, 06:29 AM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 36671 from Limerick
292 posts since Oct 2016
Motorbike: Fireblade
Default Re: Logbook details were wrong

Originally Posted by Hornet Seller View Post
........... I sent dozens and dozens of pics and videos to muzz_mm. Cold Starts, Running on Choke, Running on Idle, Revving through full range of clock etc. I have been totally forthcoming with everything I was aware of with the bike and made a savage effort to make sure he had all the info he needed...........
Originally Posted by Vjmc.Cork View Post
TBH if someone wanted me to jump through those kind of hoops,I'd tell him to stroll on.
If you're interested,come and look at it otherwise ......
You must have some reserves of patience.
Originally Posted by LarryDuff View Post
yeah i agree
my finely tuned TIMEWASTER RADAR would have alerted me
early on and i would have told the buyer to come view the bike
or look elsewhere, end of story.
Originally Posted by muzz_mm View Post
But I did view the bike. I drove down from Dublin, transferred the cash and had the bike on the trailer ready to go. It was at this stage when the "issue" with the logbook was discovered but it seems like there was never an "issue" in the first place judging by the reactions and responses in this forum.
It would have been the requests for dozens of photos and videos that would have irked me. that would have been a CLUE that a potential buyer was a timewaster. after all, the more time a buyer makes you invest, the higher the risk that your time will be wasted.
thats why i would be unwilling to provide videos etc. i prefer a buyer to waste his own time by coming to view the bike first.

i'm confused by the method of payment also, you mentioned that you transferred the money but you turned up with a trailer for collection; why not just pay cash on collection.
Old 17th October 2018, 06:50 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

Biker.ie Member No. 38605
8 posts since Oct 2018

Salutations boys and girls,

Was without internet over the weekend and then busy all week until now.

Just wanted to address some of the sentiment on here before I take my leave.

1. I would have no issue selling the bike to muzz_mm if he changed his mind and contacted me to reorganize a pick up, however; I had a queue of lads looking to take it and the bike was collected the following morning before most people were out of bed . Chap took one look and bundled it into the back of a van. I've spoken to him since and he's delighted with it, so that's the main thing.

With regards to the Time-waster thing, I can see your points but I have no issue in sending on whatever as I don't want people to spend hours driving to see it and not be interested (was personally stung several times, driving hours to see stuff that was barely even suitable fro breaking ... and I was none to please to have spent money on getting a transporter up there for nothing)
Also, if they see loads of pics and videos and decide to come for a look I reckon they will be ready to buy since they already know the state of play.
Most importantly, don't want to have to arrange to meet that many prospective buyers unless I know they are serious; sms or Grindr is much easier than dealing with the general public face to face .

The minutia of what happened with regards to payment etc is irrelevant at this stage anyway, so I have nothing to add to there.

Thanks all for the comments and advice. Hope ye all have a good weekend !
Old 17th October 2018, 07:02 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

8 posts since Oct 2018

Originally Posted by muzz_mm View Post
I obviously have made a mistake since it seems like these things can be changed in the logbook.

I thought I was making the "smart" decision as I did not what to have issues down the line when I went to sell the bike.
Hey man, don't take it so bad.

You can't be blamed for following your gut instinct and it can hardly be described as a 'mistake' since there are literally no tangible negative consequences.

You didn't lose a substantial amount of money, you didn't buy a dud, nobody was injured.
The only thing is you spent about 5 hours of your day, but even that is not so bad since you got to take a nice spin and see the area around Waterford City :)
Can't beat the Sunny Southeast

There will nearly always be another bike to go see, unless it's something super rare or exotic ... which a Hornet is neither
Just don't blindly jump at the next one you see for fear of missing out a second time !

You have my number, if you are down in my neck of the woods looking at another example, feel free to message me and I can go look at it with you if you like. I have seen a few around over the years, so if it is what your heart is set on, keep an eye out and one will come up.

Best of luck and take it easy butty
Old 17th October 2018, 07:59 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 27947
3,763 posts since Dec 2011

Butty???? Is he a short arse?
Old 17th October 2018, 08:10 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 9980 from west limerick
8,554 posts since May 2008
Motorbike: Heaps, in both senses
Modifications: Tyres, when necessary on

Untill the butty bit it sounded very nice

Seller seems very sound in fairness, nice to see some decent threads around here for a change
Old 17th October 2018, 09:15 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

8 posts since Oct 2018

Butty is just a colloquial term along the lines of 'mate' or 'pal'

Certainly not a derogatory or inflammatory term, at least in this part of the world :)
Old 17th October 2018, 09:16 PM
Wobbling Fledgling

8 posts since Oct 2018

Originally Posted by green grass View Post
Butty???? Is he a short arse?
I would not be the kind of lad that could really pass comment on something like that ...

I am not ''small' ... I am ... fun sized
Old 18th October 2018, 11:37 PM
Resident gynaecologist

Biker.ie Member No. 19392
12,855 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy

Originally Posted by LarryDuff View Post
It would have been the requests for dozens of photos and videos that would have irked me. that would have been a CLUE that a potential buyer was a timewaster. after all, the more time a buyer makes you invest, the higher the risk that your time will be wasted.
Bollocks! maybe the buyer was 100% legit and wanted better pictures than the dung deal or adverts shite offers them.
Remind me never to buy a bike from you!
Old 20th October 2018, 09:55 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 37419 from Wicklow
114 posts since Jun 2017

Originally Posted by Hornet Seller View Post
I would not be the kind of lad that could really pass comment on something like that ...

I am not ''small' ... I am ... fun sized
I'd say your reference to 'Butty' was more of a nod to D'Unbelievables charachter Butty Brennan.
Fair play to ya. You maintained your dignity here in spite of the slaggin'

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
details, logbook, wrong