Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Reply
 
  #21  
Old 23rd May 2007, 07:24 AM
rgfuller's Avatar
rgfuller rgfuller is offline
Known as RG or Argaf
 
Biker.ie Member No. 3314 from Dublin
189 posts since Jun 2006
Motorbike: Suzuki DL650 V-STROM
Modifications: Biker.ie Sticker
Default

Saw a bike this morning 7am 'parked' in the bushes near the edge of the N4 chapelizod bypass - nearish the footbridge heading in the direction of town, couldn't tell what it was but got most of the reg - it was like 00D69857 though http://www.cartell.ie tells me that's an astra.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:07 PM
Ryu Hazuki Ryu Hazuki is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Biker.ie Member No. 5636
3 posts since May 2007
Default Unauthorised removal!Honda Jade 250 "Super Quarter"

Unauthorised removal!


Dear all,
I have another one:

Bike: Honda Jade 250 "Super Quarter".

Registration starts with 99-D.

Color: red/black.

removed from private property in Stillorgan,Dublin on monday night (14/05/07) !

If you have seen my bike please let me know or phone the Gardai Station in Blackrock: 01 - 6665200.

Thanks everybody!!



Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:52 PM
flynn flynn is offline
cybercide
 
Biker.ie Member No. 2569 from Dublin 22
15,465 posts since Dec 2005
Motorbike: NSR125 (sold), R6, RSV1000
Default

Bad luck mate, will keep an eye out
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 23rd May 2007, 03:33 PM
sprint's Avatar
sprint sprint is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 5425 from Bray, Co. Wicklow
102 posts since May 2007
Motorbike: Triumph Trophy
Default Stolen Blade

Bike : Honda Fireblade

Colour : Black

Reg. No. : 97 WW 5409

Stolen from : IBM Technology Campus, Mulhuddart, Dublin 15

Time Stolen : Wednesday 22nd May at 12.50 pm

Please call Gardai at Blanchardstown
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blade.JPG (118.6 KB)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 23rd May 2007, 03:39 PM
flynn flynn is offline
cybercide
 
Biker.ie Member No. 2569 from Dublin 22
15,465 posts since Dec 2005
Motorbike: NSR125 (sold), R6, RSV1000
Default

Jeasus two posts today, thats not good. And this one stolen from IBM, is the security not fairly tight there???
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 23rd May 2007, 03:44 PM
jaycen's Avatar
jaycen jaycen is offline
Da bollix
 
Biker.ie Member No. 3161 from Meath
14,399 posts since May 2006
Motorbike: CBR900RRS, ZXR750
Modifications: Allsorts
Default

Originally Posted by flynn
Jeasus two posts today, thats not good. And this one stolen from IBM, is the security not fairly tight there???
Yes and no, looks good but can get in and out without much hassle.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 23rd May 2007, 06:56 PM
xxAlfaxx's Avatar
xxAlfaxx xxAlfaxx is offline
Resident Immigrant Bollix
 
Biker.ie Member No. 4693 from Dublin
12,617 posts since Feb 2007
Motorbike: VFR 400, CBR 600 FSport
Modifications: A few
Default

Bloody hell!! Thats the second one i've seen stolen in security.

Was the blade chained or alarmed sprint??
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:27 PM
sprint's Avatar
sprint sprint is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 5425 from Bray, Co. Wicklow
102 posts since May 2007
Motorbike: Triumph Trophy
Default

The Blade was chained and disk locked - both cut off with an angle grinder. I don't think that it was alarmed, but I don't think that would really have stopped them.

Now that I'm on Biker.ie, I realise that I never introduced myself. I'll do that properly in the correct forum, but some may know me from the RevUp4DSI run a few weeks back. I ride a silver '06 Triumph Sprint. I know I met Carlos on his Zephyr around the roads of Clare.

Anyway back to the thread, the scumbags (4 of them) arrived in a Honda Civic, dressed as construction workers in hard-hats and hi-vis bibs. There is building work going on quite near to where the bikes are parked. There are two areas - an open section, and a covered section (which is actually a bicycle shelter) about 100 yds away. This is where the Blade was parked. My Sprint was parked in the former place and was also interfered with - disk lock was tried, but my bike is alarmed and is in a busy place, so they must have abandoned the attempt on the Sprint.

Security got the whole thing on CCTV, but when they tried to stop the theft, they were threatened with said angle grinder. Two of the scumbags went off on the bike.

Frank.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:28 PM
Blackrhythms's Avatar
Blackrhythms Blackrhythms is offline
Tiggerific!!
 
Biker.ie Member No. 4827 from Mullingar, Co Westmeath
12,402 posts since Mar 2007
Motorbike: Legendary K3 1000
Modifications: Sweet stuff!
Default

Ah bloody hell - that sucks bigtime!!! Makes you wonder exactly what it is you have to do to keep yer bike safe! Feck's sake!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 24th May 2007, 10:45 AM
Ryu Hazuki Ryu Hazuki is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Biker.ie Member No. 5636
3 posts since May 2007
Default

I was just reading through Paul's "Another my bike nearly got stolen" post from today ... concerning at least ...! I wonder where all this scum is coming from?
They apparently don't give a damn about anything.

Better arm myself for my next bike !!!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 24th May 2007, 11:16 AM
sprint's Avatar
sprint sprint is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 5425 from Bray, Co. Wicklow
102 posts since May 2007
Motorbike: Triumph Trophy
Default Blade recovered

Just to let everyone know that the Fireblade that was stolen yesterday from IBM in Mulhuddart, was recovered in Finglas last night, and the scumbag on it was arrested. He was doing burn-outs, and spotted by an unmarked Garda car.

Only damage seems to be wrecked ignition, worn back tire (from burn-outs) and drop damage (not too bad, I think) when he fell off.

The instument used to get through the disk lock and chain was a consaw. Not much would stand up to that.

Thanks for all your interest and concern. Stanley has his Blade back.

Cheers,
Frank
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 24th May 2007, 11:20 AM
Daffy's Avatar
Daffy Daffy is offline
ISB Contender
 
Biker.ie Member No. 5494
357 posts since May 2007
Motorbike: BMW F650gs dakar
Default

Just on this note I was just wondering if it's possible (I'm sure it is) or if it's been done, Can you get an immobiliser for your bike??

Alarms are kinda well and good but if there was some way that you could get the ECU to shut down in the event of theft that would make it much less desirable (obviously based on an easy to reste feature not permanent)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 24th May 2007, 11:43 AM
Ryu Hazuki Ryu Hazuki is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Biker.ie Member No. 5636
3 posts since May 2007
Thumbs up

Congratulations Frank!!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 24th May 2007, 01:15 PM
flynn flynn is offline
cybercide
 
Biker.ie Member No. 2569 from Dublin 22
15,465 posts since Dec 2005
Motorbike: NSR125 (sold), R6, RSV1000
Default

Originally Posted by Daffy
Just on this note I was just wondering if it's possible (I'm sure it is) or if it's been done, Can you get an immobiliser for your bike??

Alarms are kinda well and good but if there was some way that you could get the ECU to shut down in the event of theft that would make it much less desirable (obviously based on an easy to reste feature not permanent)
Yea my Meta alarm has both built in. The immobiliser activates itself after the ignition is turned off for 30 seconds. And you just push the button to activate the alarm
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 24th May 2007, 01:19 PM
chopper's Avatar
chopper chopper is offline
vintage biatch
 
Biker.ie Member No. 1841 from meath
53,803 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: jap brit and euro
Modifications: mud
Default

Originally Posted by sprint
Just to let everyone know that the Fireblade that was stolen yesterday from IBM in Mulhuddart, was recovered in Finglas last night, and the scumbag on it was arrested. He was doing burn-outs, and spotted by an unmarked Garda car.

Only damage seems to be wrecked ignition, worn back tire (from burn-outs) and drop damage (not too bad, I think) when he fell off.

The instument used to get through the disk lock and chain was a consaw. Not much would stand up to that.

Thanks for all your interest and concern. Stanley has his Blade back.

Cheers,
Frank
cool beans .fair play to the gardai
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 24th May 2007, 03:46 PM
Blackrhythms's Avatar
Blackrhythms Blackrhythms is offline
Tiggerific!!
 
Biker.ie Member No. 4827 from Mullingar, Co Westmeath
12,402 posts since Mar 2007
Motorbike: Legendary K3 1000
Modifications: Sweet stuff!
Default

Ah nice one Frank! Has anyone heard of, or used, Kryptonite chains/locks? They're supposed to be practically impenetrable by all the thieves usual methods and I reckon that some Kryptonite locks and chains along with an alarm system might just be a step toward protecting your pride and joy!

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/Produc....aspx?cid=1000
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 24th May 2007, 03:54 PM
flynn flynn is offline
cybercide
 
Biker.ie Member No. 2569 from Dublin 22
15,465 posts since Dec 2005
Motorbike: NSR125 (sold), R6, RSV1000
Default

Originally Posted by Blackrhythms
Ah nice one Frank! Has anyone heard of, or used, Kryptonite chains/locks? They're supposed to be practically impenetrable by all the thieves usual methods and I reckon that some Kryptonite locks and chains along with an alarm system might just be a step toward protecting your pride and joy!

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/Produc....aspx?cid=1000
Yea they are good material but every chain can be broke with the right equipment. Unfortunately there is no unbreakable chain....
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 25th May 2007, 12:06 PM
zooleire's Avatar
zooleire zooleire is offline
ISB Contender
 
Biker.ie Member No. 3461
470 posts since Jul 2006
Default

my dad has a tracker build into his cage that when robbed the guys in the office can remotely shut down the cage, (though legally they are not allowed to do so if the cage is moving)

would be sweet if you could get one for the bike, if some scummer stole my bike i kill the engine as hes coming up to a roundabout at speed, see how the fooker like them apples - death to all bike thieves
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 25th May 2007, 12:10 PM
xxAlfaxx's Avatar
xxAlfaxx xxAlfaxx is offline
Resident Immigrant Bollix
 
Biker.ie Member No. 4693 from Dublin
12,617 posts since Feb 2007
Motorbike: VFR 400, CBR 600 FSport
Modifications: A few
Default

Thats good news about the blade. Fair play to the gardai.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 25th May 2007, 12:23 PM
NOZ's Avatar
NOZ NOZ is offline
ISB Contender
 
Biker.ie Member No. 4811 from DUBLIN
490 posts since Mar 2007
Default

Originally Posted by sprint
The Blade was chained and disk locked - both cut off with an angle grinder. I don't think that it was alarmed, but I don't think that would really have stopped them.

Now that I'm on Biker.ie, I realise that I never introduced myself. I'll do that properly in the correct forum, but some may know me from the RevUp4DSI run a few weeks back. I ride a silver '06 Triumph Sprint. I know I met Carlos on his Zephyr around the roads of Clare.

Anyway back to the thread, the scumbags (4 of them) arrived in a Honda Civic, dressed as construction workers in hard-hats and hi-vis bibs. There is building work going on quite near to where the bikes are parked. There are two areas - an open section, and a covered section (which is actually a bicycle shelter) about 100 yds away. This is where the Blade was parked. My Sprint was parked in the former place and was also interfered with - disk lock was tried, but my bike is alarmed and is in a busy place, so they must have abandoned the attempt on the Sprint.

Security got the whole thing on CCTV, but when they tried to stop the theft, they were threatened with said angle grinder. Two of the scumbags went off on the bike.

Frank.
nice one,
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
650, city, cork, found, motorcycles, newry, scumbags, stolen


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stolen bike recovered. RallyMan General Bike Chat 16 15th April 2007 01:54 AM
New stolen bike forum at B&S pirelli News before the News 2 27th February 2007 12:28 AM
should we have a sticky stolen bikes thread Valiant Thor General Bike Chat 10 20th February 2007 07:30 PM


Support Biker.ie


Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed