Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > Introductions > First time bikers

Old 11th October 2018, 10:51 AM
Biker.ie old-skool

Biker.ie Member No. 24081 from Near Wild Heaven
7,843 posts since Sep 2010
Motorbike: Chainsaw/bike hybrid
Modifications: White Wall tyre
Default Re: Interested in a bike.

Originally Posted by Aato
Think I'll get a Moped instead
Do yourself a favor lad,ignore all the shite on this thread..
Get yourself a Kwaker 250 and use it for a year.Build up a ncb and work into a bigger bike.
You don't have to do your test immediately,in fact the longer you leave it the better.
I know you want a big bike so you can feel like a real biker but the amount of guys who make that mistake is unreal.
They mostly end up frightening themselves and give up.
Also don't mind lads saying you'll get bored of a small bike,if you do,just sell it
there's always demand for 250s so you wont be married to it.
As much as training is a good thing,there's no substitute for experience and that can't be bought.
I've no experience of SV650s but the amount of lads looking for engines for them would put me right off.
Best of luck on your journey and have fun,remember that's what its about.
Old 13th October 2018, 08:41 PM
Wobbling Fledgling
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 38458
20 posts since Jul 2018
Default Re: Interested in a bike.

Originally Posted by Vjmc.Cork View Post
Do yourself a favor lad,ignore all the shite on this thread..
Get yourself a Kwaker 250 and use it for a year.Build up a ncb and work into a bigger bike.
You don't have to do your test immediately,in fact the longer you leave it the better.
I know you want a big bike so you can feel like a real biker but the amount of guys who make that mistake is unreal.
They mostly end up frightening themselves and give up.
Also don't mind lads saying you'll get bored of a small bike,if you do,just sell it
there's always demand for 250s so you wont be married to it.
As much as training is a good thing,there's no substitute for experience and that can't be bought.
I've no experience of SV650s but the amount of lads looking for engines for them would put me right off.
Best of luck on your journey and have fun,remember that's what its about.
You could be right here....my gut is telling me to start with a 250cc I don't know why plus the Ninja 250 is a really good looking bike. Maybe I'll just get one and when I feel the timing is right I'll upgrade and as you said a 250cc will always be sought after. I see some real nice clean low mileage ones on Donedeal so I'm very interested. First things first lgbt on Wednesday and I cant wait booked the day off work for it! I'll see how that goes and if it builds the urge even more and I'll make a decision then. Thanks!

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > Introductions > First time bikers

Tags
bike, interested