Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 25th October 2017, 01:17 PM
. . . . . . . . . .. .

Biker.ie Member No. 4265
18,052 posts since Dec 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: few red ducati/jap heaps
Default Re: Stopped on N11 this Morining for filtering. Warning!!

If traffic is stopped, you filter, than traffic begins to move, you fall back in line....this takes a moment & of no danger to anyone if care is given.

IMO, id contest it. Sounds to me he gave you a fright, then pursued giving you a ticket, knowing you wouldnt dispute on the spot.

Its easy for ppl to tell you contest, but i think i would.

I find in general, cops here are adapting the US approach and becoming cnutish bullys. Particularly being overreactive to motorcyclists. Id a run in with one a while ago, followed up and he backed off. This guy was particularly nasty.

Its up to you how you wish to proceed.

Ironically enough, Ive tried the driving in heavy traffic and nearly got rear ended twice last week, pulled bike in towards central wall on m50 out of my lane, otherwise id of being squashed, literally. Twice in a week because of stupid fukin cagers.

Unfortunately being a motorcyclist in Ireland, the RSA & cops paint us all as a public nuisance & bottom of the barrel in road users. We've nobody with clout who will stand up for us. So enjoy biking while you can.
Old 25th October 2017, 01:24 PM
Wobbling Fledgling
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 34734 from Bray, Co.Wicklow
29 posts since May 2015
Motorbike: 2001 Yamaha R6
Modifications: DynoJet

Originally Posted by mudafuda
I got done for this too .... similar location, I was told by the gaurd "theres no law that allows you to filter" I told him there is no law that says I cant and in fact the RSA has guidelines on it...Legend, ps. I love you X still done me for undue care and attention I think it was.... I was doing around 50 in a 100 while the traffic was crawling along.
And don't bother fighting it in court, the judge in bray has a thing for motorcyclists.
Buddy of mine also got done recently for the same thing.....Only this time he was filtering up to a red light in between the two lanes of stationary traffic. Same shit..... undue care and attention.
Be safe out there people : )
Thanks for the info. Yea I heard that they are hard on bikers in Bray court. The fact they are giving tickets for this type of thing is beyond me. I understand for other offences and would hold my hand up if I was caught speeding and the likes. But filtering I wouldn't consider as undue care, if anything your more careful.
Old 25th October 2017, 01:25 PM
Wobbling Fledgling
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 34734 from Bray, Co.Wicklow
29 posts since May 2015
Motorbike: 2001 Yamaha R6
Modifications: DynoJet

Originally Posted by bloke
How fast was traffic moving? We talking 20kph or 50 kph?
Was just moving no more than 20kph. Cars up ahead were stopped.
Old 25th October 2017, 01:27 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 34016 from galway
1,141 posts since Nov 2014
Motorbike: gsxr 750

Whats the point of these rsa guidelines if the guard can make up his own rules.?
The guards dont issue a rules of the road book .the rsa does but the guards will say there only guidelines.

If there was a definitive rules book it would stop alot of this shit.
Camera on bike and point it out to guard would also stop alot of the tickets being issued in first place.

Last edited by galway86; 25th October 2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 25th October 2017, 01:29 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 21260 from Co. Wicklow
1,294 posts since Mar 2010
Motorbike: er-6n
Modifications: a few on the way

Originally Posted by nemoisback66
Thanks for the info. Yea I heard that they are hard on bikers in Bray court. The fact they are giving tickets for this type of thing is beyond me. I understand for other offences and would hold my hand up if I was caught speeding and the likes. But filtering I wouldn't consider as undue care, if anything your more careful.
You're paying far more attention than any of the Legend, ps. I love you Xs sitting in their cages glued to bookface and the like.
I saw you going by and then stopped and you weren't doing anything wrong. At least you weren't flying up the hard shoulder like some lads.
That lad that pulled you in is widely known around as being a pain in the ass. He torments trucks and now apparently bikes too.
Old 25th October 2017, 01:44 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 27890
2,498 posts since Dec 2011
Motorbike: VRod & CB450

Originally Posted by galway86
Camera on bike and point it out to guard would also stop alot of the tickets being issued in first place.
That's actually a half decent argument for using a camera. At least gives you an independent view if it comes down to his-word vs your-word.
Old 25th October 2017, 02:09 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 4145 from Cork
323 posts since Dec 2006
Motorbike: ZXR400 SP, VFR 800, V50
Modifications: Blue Flame exhaust

I might be a c*&t for saying this but the traffic was moving. I have no issue with filtering but it's no longer filtering if traffic is moving imo. I see this daily heading for the jack lynch tunnel here in langerland where bikers are flying between two lanes of slow moving traffic, only acting the maggot and chancing your arm if nobody's moving fair enough. If however you're heading between both lanes moving in the same direction and some dozy cage driver takes a break from bookface / texting to jump into a space in traffic in the parallel lane you have little chance of being spotted as there are no mirrors / common sense being used during these manouvres which typically happen too fast for the indicators to be used.

I have no idea what the guard in question is like buy MAYBE the fact that he is on a bike himself he has encountered these lane changers who pay little regard to the fact that you may be doing 50kmh past them, and won't stand a chance.

Then again maybe he had his knickers in a knot, who knows.

Best of luck with it either way
Old 25th October 2017, 02:53 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 25794
58 posts since Apr 2011
Motorbike: yamaha
Unhappy Re: Stopped on N11 this Morining for filtering. Warning!!

There is no such thing as filtering in the Road Traffic Act. If the traffic is moving its overtaking. Section 51A is driving without reasonable consideration for others.
Old 25th October 2017, 03:13 PM
Back in Cumblowus O-H-I-O

Biker.ie Member No. 19826 from Columbus OH USAUSAUSA
2,178 posts since Dec 2009
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: ZRX1200,YPVS,FJ1300
Modifications: SupaDuke,Kaw 636

Originally Posted by Duke RR
If traffic is stopped, you filter, than traffic begins to move, you fall back in line....this takes a moment & of no danger to anyone if care is given.

IMO, id contest it. Sounds to me he gave you a fright, then pursued giving you a ticket, knowing you wouldnt dispute on the spot.

Its easy for ppl to tell you contest, but i think i would.

I find in general, cops here are adapting the US approach and becoming cnutish bullys. Particularly being overreactive to motorcyclists. Id a run in with one a while ago, followed up and he backed off. This guy was particularly nasty.
Its up to you how you wish to proceed.

Ironically enough, Ive tried the driving in heavy traffic and nearly got rear ended twice last week, pulled bike in towards central wall on m50 out of my lane, otherwise id of being squashed, literally. Twice in a week because of stupid fukin cagers.

Unfortunately being a motorcyclist in Ireland, the RSA & cops paint us all as a public nuisance & bottom of the barrel in road users. We've nobody with clout who will stand up for us. So enjoy biking while you can.
tar with a brush much Like most cops there are always a few c*nts that ruin it for the rest of them. In all my dealings with Cops here in the US in 28 years, and there has been a few , I have never had an issue with but one. Majority was let off with a warning , the tickets I got were well justified , a fun tax as it were
Old 25th October 2017, 03:27 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 25594 from Kildare
595 posts since Mar 2011

Originally Posted by shanec
I might be a c*&t for saying this but the traffic was moving. I have no issue with filtering but it's no longer filtering if traffic is moving imo. I see this daily heading for the jack lynch tunnel here in langerland where bikers are flying between two lanes of slow moving traffic, only acting the maggot and chancing your arm if nobody's moving fair enough. If however you're heading between both lanes moving in the same direction and some dozy cage driver takes a break from bookface / texting to jump into a space in traffic in the parallel lane you have little chance of being spotted as there are no mirrors / common sense being used during these manouvres which typically happen too fast for the indicators to be used.

I have no idea what the guard in question is like buy MAYBE the fact that he is on a bike himself he has encountered these lane changers who pay little regard to the fact that you may be doing 50kmh past them, and won't stand a chance.

Best of luck with it either way
Yes you are a [email protected]#t.😁
What is the point of having a bike if you can't nip between the cages..
Old 25th October 2017, 03:51 PM
Chief Physician

Biker.ie Member No. 1 from Briarcliff Manor
33,829 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Royal Enfield 350
Modifications: nitrous oxide
Default Re: Stopped on N11 this Morining for wanking. Warning!!

Originally Posted by Duke RR
If traffic is stopped, you wank, than traffic begins to move, you fall back in line....this takes a moment & of no danger to anyone if care is given.
Very discreet and processional Ray Speaking of wankers, its probably that McNutty fellah from Dublin Castle (when he's not double-jobbing as a photographer) who's gone on a rampaging power-trip against bikers to make himself feel better, was it a silver haired gent with a slight tic and bullety eyes ? can't be far off mandatory retirement at this stage.
Old 25th October 2017, 03:56 PM
Veteran Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 27947
3,676 posts since Dec 2011
Default Re: Stopped on N11 this Morning for wanking. Warning!!

Filter
Filtering

Filtering makes me feel good

Brilliant
Old 25th October 2017, 03:57 PM
Veteran Racer

Ah that's the best yet.....cant wait for a noob to ask is filtering legal.....
Old 25th October 2017, 03:57 PM
Veteran Racer

How much is an oil and filter for a bandit 1200?
Old 25th October 2017, 03:58 PM
Veteran Racer

Cotters over charged me for an air filter for my ducati
Old 25th October 2017, 03:59 PM
Veteran Racer

There is dirt in my petcock! Should I fit an in line fuel filter
Old 25th October 2017, 04:01 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 2026 from your mama's womb.. !
7,444 posts since Jul 2005
Motorbike: Zimmerframe.
Modifications: Ur kiddin' right.!

Originally Posted by shanec
I see this daily heading for the jack lynch tunnel here in langerland where bikers are flying between two lanes of slow moving traffic, only acting the maggot and chancing your arm

The JL tunnel is a full unbroken white line so filtering here is a no no. Not sure if this was the case here as the N11 is a dual carriageway if memory serves me correctly. Also some lads here have been done for undertaking coming out on the west side of the JL tunnel.

Sounds like this cop has a hard on for bikers - we've had a few m/cycle cops like that down through the years here in Cork.
Old 25th October 2017, 04:04 PM
Veteran Racer

Originally Posted by SUGS
The JL tunnel is a full unbroken white line so wanking here is a no no. Not sure if this was the case here as the N11 is a dual carriageway if memory serves me correctly. Also some lads here have been done for undertaking coming out on the west side of the JL tunnel.

Sounds like this cop has a hard on for bikers - we've had a few m/cycle cops like that down through the years here in Cork.
Seeing a biker filtering gave him a hard on?
Old 25th October 2017, 04:10 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 34875 from Tullamore
155 posts since Jun 2015
Motorbike: Kawasaki Gtr 1000
Default Re: Stopped on N11 this Morning for filtering. Warning!!

Filtering. Bravo mods well played ������
Old 25th October 2017, 04:24 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 6063 from Dublin
391 posts since Jul 2007
Motorbike: Foxeye Fazer, Diavel
Modifications: back box & crash cage

Sure I was on the M50 (read car park) this morning wanking behind another bike, and another lad was wanking behind me. Sure we're all having a lovely filter this morning, one put his hazards on. We were filtering approx 50-60kmph through walking pace traffic. I'm sure the cages would have loved to be filtering too. A decent filter in the morning and you're right for the rest of the day

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
filtering, morining, n11, stopped, warning