Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Old 18th February 2017, 01:49 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 6387 from Dublin 16
1,500 posts since Aug 2007
Motorbike: '07 TDM 900,'00 Cub90, RGV250 (in a box)
Modifications: 900 has a scottoiler/centre stand/high screen/L.E.
Default Re: Anyone for SIDECARS. Riders or Passengers

I wonder will they run this again this year. Couldn't do anything other than recommend this even just as something to tick off your bucket list.
Old 18th February 2017, 08:21 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 23271 from tipperary
652 posts since Aug 2010
Motorbike: zx6r.cr 500sm. ktm950 sm.
Modifications: black duct tape

Originally Posted by crispy
I wonder will they run this again this year. Couldn't do anything other than recommend this even just as something to tick off your bucket list.
What kinda money would an out fit cost .? Often wondered how much it would cost to get going at this.??
Old 19th February 2017, 12:43 AM
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 3376 from Wexford
464 posts since Jul 2006
Motorbike: R6 and a load of Cub 90's
Modifications: Sidecar

Originally Posted by crispy
Well we had great plans to hire a track and get to do testing in the morning and let anyone who wanted a go jump on for a few euro in the afternoon but all the tracks are booked at the weekends except nutts corner but that's an epic journey. There will be a few places at the track training day in mondello in early march if anyone wants to get in touch. Catch is like last year you have to have your licence applied for. Last year we got 3 new passengers and 2 new riders. There are 5-6 new outfits out for this year which means for newcomers it should be really exciting.

As far as outfits go a new crew this year got there's for around 3500. But the sky is the limit depending on how serious you are. There are a couple around ready to go for around 5000.
Old 14th November 2017, 09:58 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 31665 from Wexford
409 posts since Jun 2013
Motorbike: 2005 Gsxr 750
Modifications: Few

Originally Posted by joe williams
What kinda money would an out fit cost .? Often wondered how much it would cost to get going at this.??
I think their is a starter outfit for sale in cork . We started off last year on a starter bike it can be done as cheap as you want it to be . Our biggest spend last year was tyres and entry's.
But the sidecar lads ar a great bunch of lads we could have run on scrubs and it would have been cheaper . Best thing I done . Only regret is I didn't bite the bullet and buy a sidecar sooner . Roll on 2018
Old 13th February 2018, 05:21 PM
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 3376 from Wexford
464 posts since Jul 2006
Motorbike: R6 and a load of Cub 90's
Modifications: Sidecar

Last minute lads but a bunch of us going testing in Kirkistown tomorrow have to be there for 12. Short passengers so if anyone is free and wants a go let me know. We're hiring the track so once you have a helmet and we might be able to get leathers. Not likr training day no licence needed.
Old 15th February 2018, 08:30 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 35571 from Dublin
740 posts since Dec 2015
Motorbike: Bimota YB9 SRI
Modifications: Wear and Tear!

Originally Posted by ab_irl
Last minute lads but a bunch of us going testing in Kirkistown tomorrow have to be there for 12. Short passengers so if anyone is free and wants a go let me know. We're hiring the track so once you have a helmet and we might be able to get leathers. Not likr training day no licence needed.
Only seeing this now but was working anyway. Next time it happens, could you let us know again?

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > Racing and Trackdays

Tags
passengers, riders, sidecars

Support Biker.ie

Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed