Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Jack Kennedy takes BSB title    
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > Other > Off Topic

Old 26th September 2017, 02:34 PM
vintage biatch

Biker.ie Member No. 1841 from meath
53,737 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: jap brit and euro
Modifications: mud
Default Re: Independence day

Originally Posted by watteau
Sure, there is no place for foreigners in politics, apart from when they bring cash, guns or blood. Or cheap job force like all those Poles, Czechs, Russians, whoever else came from there and did all the work when half of you complained there is no job and sat on welfare. I find it hard to look when hundred years after you got independence all young people don't really care for all the past. Which I care for as this is also my country for the last five years and I raise my child here. And yes, I do know how gray all of the players were on both sides.

No tl'dr.
i normaly stay out of politics for obvious reasons . this shit pisses me off though .
your looking from 1 side , try the other side.
the IRISH worked thier asses off rebuilding a fucking mess in the 80s and 90s, we all went through the poverty and the "we need to tighten out belts" that succesive governments preached . we finaly got OUR country to the state that people were earning a reasonable living . that lasted one or two fucking years before the politicians started advertising in eastern block countries and created the influx of cheap labour which drove wages straight back to the 90s . you diddnt take jobs the irish did not want , you undrcut the wages so bad the irish couldnt survive on the wages !
there was still unemployed people here when the huge influx of cheap labour arrived , the huge influx also created a false economy (i wrote about it here in 06)in which there was a false demand for rented houses. the more workers that came over the more rooms were required to house them so the more overpriced houses were built .it had to end somewhere , i was predicting the crash on here 2 years before it happened .it was plain to see we were fucked over yet again .
so seeing you try say you came here and took the jobs the irish simply diddnt want is pure fucking horseshit .you simply do not know wtf your talking about .
i remember a building site in maynooth, a student campus being built .i was dropping the brother over looking for work.we were told "no irish here" by the security on the fucking gate .

the reality here is this.. the Irish worked their fucking asses off for decades to bring the country out of poverty and you and the foreign labour waltzed in and fucked us all. we are back at 1990 wages again . thanks for that buddy . we are so fucking grateful you came
Old 26th September 2017, 02:48 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 31828 from Athlone (ex-Dub)
3,860 posts since Jul 2013
Motorbike: CRF250RLA

I am just trying to find a country to call my own, however pointless it sounds.
For someone posting on a thread about nationalism, does what you typed there not seem contradictory?
Surely if you are nationalistic, you would have stayed in your own country, and would be all proud of that, or try to improve it instead of trying to find something better no?
Old 26th September 2017, 08:58 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 36342
60 posts since Jul 2016

Originally Posted by chopper
i normaly stay out of politics for obvious reasons . this shit pisses me off though .
your looking from 1 side , try the other side.
the IRISH worked thier asses off rebuilding a fucking mess in the 80s and 90s
Sure. This is what I miss - now it would be cheaper for me to go on a dole here than to work. I would be eligible for a medical card, would apply for council housing, back to school, first, second, third support and allowance instead of saving for years for a downpayment for a house I will be paying off for twenty years. And I am earning above median here, and I earned this with my own years of experience and unpaid overtime.
Ireland is becoming a paradise for welfare queens and kings, like the one from recent article, disappointed she didn't get her own house for free. Ireland is slowly drifting to became a Scotland, where half of the lads cry 'Freedom!' but do nothing to sever its precious social security network.

you diddnt take jobs the irish did not want , you undrcut the wages so bad the irish couldnt survive on the wages !
My company was unable to find DevOps/Java programmers with my level of experience and willing to live in Kerry. In fact, most of my colleagues are foreigners - five Brazilians, two Spaniards, three Brits, one Pole.
As for undercutting wages - no, not really. I earn about the same I got in most of the countries I lived in. Perhaps even less - but can work in countryside instead of big city - which I prefer.

there was still unemployed people here when the huge influx of cheap labour arrived , the huge influx also created a false economy (i wrote about it here in 06)in which there was a false demand for rented houses.
...so everyone and their cat took second, third minimum downpayment mortgage to 'invest' in housing and they found that their homes are now worth couple of times less than what they have to pay. I see it here as well, I do pity them, but then - they were adult and have to bear the result of their own decisions.

it was plain to see we were fucked over yet again .
Fucked by whom? I mean there was an angry Brit/Russian/Pole forcing ypeople to take mortgages and buy things like there was no tomorrow?

so seeing you try say you came here and took the jobs the irish simply diddnt want
I was born in Luxembourg, to be precise. Even if 10% of my people came here to snatch the jobs, we would be about the size of Tralee...

the reality here is this.. the Irish worked their fucking asses off for decades to bring the country out of poverty and you and the foreign labour waltzed in and fucked us all.
I cant exactly do that, as I am married and heterosexual.
Still, all those Eastern Europeans did about the same Irish did in Australia and States before. I mean they travelled to watch kangaroos procreate, what else?

we are back at 1990 wages again . thanks for that buddy . we are so fucking grateful you came
I don't actually give rat ass if you are grateful I came or not. I get exactly 61% of what I earn, rest goes mostly for your folk, so maybe you should?

Originally Posted by renniks
Surely if you are nationalistic, you would have stayed in your own country, and would be all proud of that, or try to improve it instead of trying to find something better no?
In the face of radical Islam expansion, forgotten corner of not really significant island, with somewhat xenophobic population, seems tailor made for a white nazi jerk like me. Plus, in less than a year, it will be my Fatherland too, you see..
Old 26th September 2017, 09:17 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 12855 from munster
1,066 posts since Oct 2008
Motorbike: Varadero xl
Modifications: turbo boost

Sure. This is what I miss - now it would be cheaper for me to go on a dole here than to work. I would be eligible for a medical card, would apply for council housing, back to school, first, second, third support and allowance instead of saving for years for a downpayment for a house I will be paying off for twenty years. And I am earning above median here, and I earned this with my own years of experience and unpaid overtime.
Ireland is becoming a paradise for welfare queens and kings, like the one from recent article, disappointed she didn't get her own house for free. Ireland is slowly drifting to became a Scotland, where half of the lads cry 'Freedom!' but do nothing to sever its precious social security network.

My company was unable to find DevOps/Java programmers with my level of experience and willing to live in Kerry. In fact, most of my colleagues are foreigners - five Brazilians, two Spaniards, three Brits, one Pole.
As for undercutting wages - no, not really. I earn about the same I got in most of the countries I lived in. Perhaps even less - but can work in countryside instead of big city - which I prefer.

...so everyone and their cat took second, third minimum downpayment mortgage to 'invest' in housing and they found that their homes are now worth couple of times less than what they have to pay. I see it here as well, I do pity them, but then - they were adult and have to bear the result of their own decisions.

Fucked by whom? I mean there was an angry Brit/Russian/Pole forcing ypeople to take mortgages and buy things like there was no tomorrow?

I was born in Luxembourg, to be precise. Even if 10% of my people came here to snatch the jobs, we would be about the size of Tralee...

Still, all those Eastern Europeans did about the same Irish did in Australia and States before. I mean they travelled to watch kangaroos procreate, what else?

I don't actually give rat ass if you are grateful I came or not. I get exactly 61% of what I earn, rest goes mostly for your folk, so maybe you should?

In the face of radical Islam expansion, forgotten corner of not really significant island, with somewhat xenophobic population, seems tailor made for a white nazi jerk like me. Plus, in less than a year, it will be my Fatherland too, you see..
I still say Men in Black was the better film
Old 28th September 2017, 12:28 AM
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 15640 from clonmel (go on tipp)
5,988 posts since Apr 2009
Motorbike: fazer fzs 1000
Modifications: big pipe lol carbon fibre

Tv licence case was struck out of court when my friend asked his case to be heard under the 1919 constitution, ��
Old 28th September 2017, 11:35 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by tcnjames
Tv licence case was struck out of court when my friend asked his case to be heard under the 1919 constitution, ��
was that cos television didn't exist in 1919, so no laws relating to it?
Old 28th September 2017, 11:55 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 35746 from Chinatown
2,579 posts since Jan 2016
Motorbike: Honda NTV 650
Modifications: Anti-Gravity field

[QUOTE=watteau;3498436]

I am just trying to find a country to call my own, however pointless it sounds. Want to see real Ireland, not plastic leprechauns..

Autotune that, stretch it out a bit and we could have a potential Eurovision winner
Old 28th September 2017, 04:11 PM
vintage biatch

Biker.ie Member No. 1841 from meath
53,737 posts since May 2005
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: jap brit and euro
Modifications: mud

hard to figure wtf your on about with the shite english tbh . wtf your ranting about mortgages etc on here is anyones guess.
one things clear here though , you want to be an irishman but you clearly hate irish people . get yourself some help before this manifests into something that gets you put away . you'll never be Irish ya fucking twat .
Old 28th September 2017, 09:11 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by renniks
was that cos television didn't exist in 1919, so no laws relating to it?

No they have no legal bona-fide licence to ask you for a licence
Old 28th September 2017, 09:23 PM
Biker.ie old-skool

Biker.ie Member No. 24081 from Near Wild Heaven
7,835 posts since Sep 2010
Motorbike: Chainsaw/bike hybrid
Modifications: White Wall tyre

Originally Posted by tcnjames
You wanna be careful doing that,I'm pretty sure they still had the death sentence in 1919
Old 28th September 2017, 11:05 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Vjmc.Cork
You wanna be careful doing that,I'm pretty sure they still had the death sentence in 1919
But do people not get big fines and sent to prison for a tv licence , when his case was struck out , that's mind boggling really
Old 29th September 2017, 09:19 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Vjmc.Cork
Technically, we had it up to 1990, till a referendum was held & we voted on it to be removed
Old 29th September 2017, 10:14 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 23564
946 posts since Aug 2010
Motorbike: Ducati Super Sport

If it does turn out to be Jan 21st you can be sure it will always be one of the coldest, wettest days of the year!
Old 29th September 2017, 04:26 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Burt_Munro
If it does turn out to be Jan 21st you can be sure it will always be one of the coldest, wettest days of the year!
Sure we could all be cold and wet together

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > Other > Off Topic

Tags
day, independence