Old 23rd November 2018, 03:43 PM
Pennyless bastard

Biker.ie Member No. 6566 from Me Gaff
12,187 posts since Aug 2007
Motorbike: Zrx1200r,Xrv 750
Modifications: to many
Default Re: Waterproof gloves

Originally Posted by seano
I've always wanted to try Rukka gear as I've heard great things from many but they are expensive. You could probably get a pair reasonably now with black Friday sales maybe under 150. I'm not sure about their gloves but Rukka gore tex jockss have the gore tex layer on the outside so the jocks doesn't become soaked and heavy, their gore tex gloves are probably the same. They do a cheaper version of gore tex themselves which I'm told is decent too.
They are worth it trust me. Saved me pennies and got them before last winter. Havent let a drop in last winter and so far this year and i am a daily rider
Old 23rd November 2018, 05:56 PM
Valiant Thor

Originally Posted by Otischop
Hello all,
What with the lovely weather we are having I just thought i'd ask what folk use and rate. Spent €240 on a pair of heated gloves that are not waterproof (brilliant buy)

Have a pair of Modeka gloves that are also pretty shit. Anyway any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, hands nearly fell of this morning
I have been using these for the last year and for the price, cold, water/rain etc they held up 100% just , can go wrong for 22.90 with the 20% off is €17.90 and

also I bought these waterproof gloves for summer riding handy for 15 less the 20~%

if you can affoard it as the lads said above go for gortex any day of the week, end of :)

Last edited by Valiant Thor; 23rd November 2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 28th November 2018, 12:01 AM
Wobbling Fledgling
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 38518
14 posts since Aug 2018
Motorbike: Kawsaki Vulcan 650 S
Modifications: Nope

Originally Posted by Valiant Thor
I have been using these for the last year and for the price, cold, water/rain etc they held up 100% just , can go wrong for 22.90 with the 20% off is 17.90 and

also I bought these waterproof gloves for summer riding handy for 15 less the 20~%

if you can affoard it as the lads said above go for gortex any day of the week, end of :)

Serious??? 20 odd for gloves that would withstand the down pours on the n4 for at least 50mins? I'll def give them a go though for that price... cheers,
Old 30th November 2018, 07:37 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 35446 from Posh side of the Liffey
455 posts since Oct 2015
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Dirty FZ6
Modifications: Protective eco-coating

Gerbing heated gloves are plain awesome with our without heat on, and waterproof for hours on end (again, until you have to pay a toll....)

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
gloves, waterproof