Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > The Workshop

Old 7th July 2018, 11:36 PM
Clem Fandango

Biker.ie Member No. 11768 from Schlongford
851 posts since Aug 2008
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Blackbird, Husky SM, TZR
Default SKF fork seals

When I was lookin for fork seals for the Husky I was goin down the route of gettin OEM seals as I’d been long believing they were best but they can’t be got so I had to see what was the next best thing.
I kept coming across SKF seals as being the dogs so I looked into them. Expensive as fuck but as I NEVER intend selling my beloved husky I spent about double what any other seals cost.
Just from fitting them I thought they slipped on extremely easy. I even began to think they might be the wrong size that they slipped on so easy. But they’re not. Stiction is extremely low. Took her for a spin and they’re still dry as a bone.
I know time will only tell if my spend was worth it. When I bought the bike at 13k km the seals were only just replaced and I’m bang on 20k km now. 7k is a bit short in my opinion.
Anyone else have experience with them. If they stand up to it I’ll be fitting them from now on to all my yokes.

Last edited by scudster; 8th July 2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 8th July 2018, 06:43 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 33860
437 posts since Sep 2014
Motorbike: RSV 100R, GT 750
Default Re: SKF fork seals

If there seals are as good as there bearings they should be good.

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > The Workshop

Tags
fork, seals, skf