Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Jack Kennedy takes BSB title    
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > Other > Buying and Selling

Reply
 
  #1  
Old 12th July 2018, 06:55 PM
horse7 horse7 is offline
Wobbling Fledgling
 
Biker.ie Member No. 24400
17 posts since Oct 2010
Default New Honda's

I see honda UK https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...cker-datatool/. Are fitting free trackers on all new bikes. Do you think the Irish ones will have these. (Subscrlgbtion not included)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12th July 2018, 07:45 PM
Duke RR Duke RR is offline
. . . . . . . . . .. .
 
Biker.ie Member No. 4265
18,052 posts since Dec 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: few red ducati/jap heaps
Default

Originally Posted by horse7
I see honda UK https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...cker-datatool/. Are fitting free trackers on all new bikes. Do you think the Irish ones will have these. (Subscrlgbtion not included)
Not a hope


Far larger market in UK etc.

New bike sakes here are desperately low.

Fuk all sports bikes being sold now as an eg
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12th July 2018, 07:49 PM
Gixxer's Avatar
Gixxer Gixxer is offline
Resident gynaecologist
 
Biker.ie Member No. 19392
12,847 posts since Nov 2009
Motorbike: NSU Quickly
Modifications: Lobotomy
Default Re: New Honda's

No.
A lot of cop vehicles in the UK are fitted with tracking gear. It won't happen here.

Last edited by Gixxer; 12th July 2018 at 07:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12th July 2018, 08:28 PM
acdc acdc is offline
ACDC
 
Biker.ie Member No. 3220 from Cork boi
15,906 posts since May 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Hayabusa Street Fighter
Modifications: a few :)
Default Re: New Honda's

they record your journey history and all that, I see a future where you do a tip over the said limit and an automatic ticket/points comes in the post no garda needed all automatic and you cant deny It was you not riding it as the smart bike will be a witness and rat you out , like 1984 times 10 thats 19840, not even george orwell could even imagine.
how many fingers am I holding up
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12th July 2018, 08:48 PM
Mossy's Avatar
Mossy Mossy is offline
<<< Kwikasfuki
 
Biker.ie Member No. 14935 from California
4,467 posts since Mar 2009
Motorbike: MightyGS, KwikasfukiZ900
Default Re: New Honda's

Originally Posted by acdc
they record your journey history and all that, I see a future where you do a tip over the said limit and an automatic ticket/points comes in the post no garda needed all automatic and you cant deny It was you not riding it as the smart bike will be a witness and rat you out , like 1984 times 10 thats 19840, not even george orwell could even imagine.
how many fingers am I holding up
Doubt it, I'd imagine that would be against your right or privacy or something..

I could imagine an 'opt in' service similar tho from insurance companies which could lower the costs for safe driving.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13th July 2018, 03:21 PM
moose loose aboot the hoose's Avatar
moose loose aboot the hoose moose loose aboot the hoose is offline
Supporter
 
Biker.ie Member No. 31649 from Dublin 5
1,233 posts since Jun 2013
Motorbike: Suzuki GSXR750 K8
Modifications: Many Mods how I like it!
Default Re: New Honda's

Takes nothing to ask the question. I am sure Honda Irl /UK would be happy to if they got the sale
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13th July 2018, 07:43 PM
efanton efanton is offline
WSB Contender
 
Biker.ie Member No. 35658 from North Cork
536 posts since Jan 2016
Motorbike: Suzuki GSX 600F
Default Re: New Honda's

Originally Posted by moose loose aboot the hoose
Takes nothing to ask the question. I am sure Honda Irl /UK would be happy to if they got the sale
But completely pointless if the Garda vehicles are not fitted with the required equipment to detect them.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 13th July 2018, 07:45 PM
acdc acdc is offline
ACDC
 
Biker.ie Member No. 3220 from Cork boi
15,906 posts since May 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Hayabusa Street Fighter
Modifications: a few :)
Default Re: New Honda's

Originally Posted by Mossy
Doubt it, I'd imagine that would be against your right or privacy or something..

I could imagine an 'opt in' service similar tho from insurance companies which could lower the costs for safe driving.
true dat I was only half messing, but its "FREE" @ 10pounds a month lol

Originally Posted by efanton
But completely pointless if the Garda vehicles are not fitted with the required equipment to detect them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > Other > Buying and Selling

Tags
For Sale :, honda


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HONDA'S NC35 gets MotoGP style (Stoner style) corserrep General Bike Chat 45 25th August 2007 01:43 AM
Honda's new-for-2007 CBR600RR corserrep News before the News 8 18th September 2006 10:31 AM


Support Biker.ie


Forum RSS news feed Main Biker.ie RSS news feed