Old 3rd August 2018, 10:34 PM
ISB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 36041
443 posts since Apr 2016
Motorbike: BMW F650
Modifications: Air freshner
Default Re: RSA - Anti Biking Regime

Originally Posted by Vjmc.Cork
They report it as 50% of accidents had alcohol as a factor.
If you get hit by a drunk driver then alcohol was a factor.The chattering masses assume you were drunk.That's how they massage the figures.Even how they report accidents is anti-bike.They say "A motorcycle collided with a (whatever)" whereas "A cage was involved in a collision".Subtle difference but effective in instilling a sense of reckless abandon in how people view bikes.
If the powers that be are serious about road safety they should come down hard on drink driving across the board.Despite their propaganda speed is not the biggest killer on our roads,it's drink.
I learned to drive over 40 years ago,been riding bikes since I was about 10 yrs old.I spent 15 years working a job that involved a lot of driving,200-300 miles a day 6 days a week all hours of the day and night.
Guess how many times I was bagged.Go on,give it a shot.
I'll give you a hint,I've been dipped for green diesel more times.
Agreed and probably as much milage and as many years on the road
Old 4th August 2018, 02:09 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 36676
190 posts since Oct 2016
Motorbike: Ducati Hypermotard 939sp

Assistant Commissioner Dave Sheehan Roads Policing appeals to all drivers this bank holiday to think bike .Look and Look again for bikes. Motor bikers note Sunday is most dangerous day on the roads for bikers. Bsafe & Enjoy b/holiday
Old 4th August 2018, 06:16 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 36911
74 posts since Jan 2017
Motorbike: Kawasaki z800

I'm going to chirp in with recent experience. Was it in the cage last weekend. Doing a shade over posted. Straight road after corner and biker coming against had started a pass. Dunno if he misjudged my speed or his ability to accelerate but I had to SLAM on my brakes, all the way down to 20mph in order to avoid a head on. I thought I was going to get to know him/ her very well when he entered through my front windscreen and provided I wasn't injured then try and keep this guy alive until paramedics arrived. Whatever about drivers if your going to ram another vehicle with a bike it's probably going to end badly for you.
Old 4th August 2018, 07:28 PM
MotoGP Star

Biker.ie Member No. 15313 from Wherever i lay my hat
858 posts since Apr 2009
Motorbike: Gsxr 1000 KY,

Yeah..he probably didnt know you were speeding....
Old 4th August 2018, 10:19 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 37435 from Blanch
545 posts since Jul 2017
Motorbike: dublin bus
Modifications: standard adult fare

Originally Posted by Jack stowage
Yeah..he probably didnt know you were speeding....
as ya do, after a liquid lunch.
Old 5th August 2018, 08:48 PM
Biker.ie old-skool

Biker.ie Member No. 24081 from Near Wild Heaven
7,947 posts since Sep 2010
Motorbike: Chainsaw/bike hybrid
Modifications: White Wall tyre

Since no-one decided to hazard a guess,I'll give ye another hint,
I've been dipped for diesel once.Yes,one time only.
I know the rsa and the gardai are monitoring this site and other social media outlets etc so I say to those with the power to change things for the better,
Stop spreading the myth that speed is the biggest killer on our roads,it clearly isn't.
Do your job and stop milking the hard pressed motorist.
Ignore those gombeens below in south kerry and do something about drink driving and ffs,the plauge of texting and driving is getting ridiculous.
A few un-marked cages and bikes would double your sucess rates overnight and by extention save countless lives.
Oh and by the way if ye have a few minutes to spare,if ye could pull those ads telling everyone to take care of cyclists and replace them with ads telling cyclists to look after themselves and stop acting like total c**ts on the road,that'd be awesome
Old 7th August 2018, 07:12 PM
Reformed Inmate

Biker.ie Member No. 7498
183 posts since Dec 2007
Motorbike: Honda/BMW
Modifications: wheels

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thejo...t2016/%3famp=1

Some horrible stats.
Of accidents -
30% had alcohol and 50% had over FOUR times the limit.
Old 7th August 2018, 09:14 PM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 18656
1,204 posts since Sep 2009
Motorbike: ltd1000 zx12
Modifications: just me

Originally Posted by Vjmc.Cork
Since no-one decided to hazard a guess,I'll give ye another hint,
I've been dipped for diesel once.Yes,one time only.
I know the rsa and the gardai are monitoring this site and other social media outlets etc so I say to those with the power to change things for the better,
Stop spreading the myth that speed is the biggest killer on our roads,it clearly isn't.
Do your job and stop milking the hard pressed motorist.
Ignore those gombeens below in south kerry and do something about drink driving and ffs,the plauge of texting and driving is getting ridiculous.
A few un-marked cages and bikes would double your sucess rates overnight and by extention save countless lives.
Oh and by the way if ye have a few minutes to spare,if ye could pull those ads telling everyone to take care of cyclists and replace them with ads telling cyclists to look after themselves and stop acting like total c**ts on the road,that'd be awesome
Dont know where your living but around nenagh area even the motorway theres check points just about everyday esp in the morning 730/9 being the worst.so much so a chap can even have a drink at home if your working the next day..so we get to see plenty of them.and youve as much chance of getting a taxi as you have been bagged so imo not everything the kerry boys say is mad crazy (altho a fair bit of it is).take these stolen,no ins,crime related out of the stats and see what it looks like and we are the goin to look at the state of country roads
Old 7th August 2018, 10:37 PM
Valiant Thor

to the above , sept, oct, nov ect last year going to college in the am , nearly every other morn there was a checkpoint between belgooly and riverstick @ 7-8am I was very surprised to find out and on the small roundabout outside the airport there were at least twice a week Garda/customs and the Social welfare combined checkpoint, have no clue why the social welfare were there but they were

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
anti, biking, regime, rsa