Biker.ie Forums Irish Motorbike Enthusiasts
Home Events Bikes for Sale Mobile Style Motorbike Chat Racing Rideouts » Register free!

Go Back   Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Old 11th October 2017, 10:20 AM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 34628
822 posts since May 2015
Motorbike: st1300
Modifications: Tax
Default Whats the difference between.....

What's the difference between a right Cnut and a dopey bastard???
The dopey bastard just does not see you filtering and accidentally blokes your path.
The right Cnut on the other hand sees you coming along, and gently pulls wheel down a bit and blocks the way

I am an actor not a reactor. I choose not to Conor mc Gregor his mirror off.......#
Cool wet grass... cool wet grass...... HUMMMMMM
Old 11th October 2017, 11:01 AM
MotoGP Star

Biker.ie Member No. 12855 from munster
939 posts since Oct 2008
Motorbike: Tdm 900
Modifications: Happy pilot
Default Re: Whats the difference between.....

Not worth taking his mirror off unless you have false plates on your bike
You will always get one geebag who cant see far enough beyond his own ego to let a biker by, at least you did'nt come off the bike..
Old 11th October 2017, 11:11 AM
Fucks given = 0

Biker.ie Member No. 2916 from Chume, Counteh Galweh
17,288 posts since Mar 2006
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Big Red Piggies
Modifications: Horsepower, lots of it...

Its hard to keep a cool head sometimes. Having ABS on your bike improves your chances of not eating grass if some tool pulls across your path and you uave to brake hard.

'cptr
Old 11th October 2017, 11:51 AM
MotoGP Legend

Biker.ie Member No. 15208 from Leamlarastan
2,463 posts since Mar 2009
Motorbike: Ducati Monster S4 1966 Triumph Bobber DRz400s
Modifications: oil occasionally

I had an arsehole spot me one evening filtering up to him. I could see him eyeballing me in his side mirror so it was no surprise when he moved out to block me. But he fucked up by doing it too soon. I pulled in behind him and flitered past him on the inside. Got to the top of the line, about 2 or 3 cars ahead of him. Pulled out again, looked back, gave him a big cheesy smile and a thumbs up. I could almost see the steam coming out of his ears. Schweeet.
Old 11th October 2017, 11:56 AM
Supporter
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

822 posts since May 2015

ABS is handy at this time of year too.
Thankfully have never had to have it come on.
I did deliberately try lock it up in a car park with gravel before to see what it felt like.
Felt like a DR125 with Buckled disc I used to have
Old 11th October 2017, 12:17 PM
Supporter

822 posts since May 2015

Originally Posted by generalisimo muldoon
I had an arsehole spot me one evening filtering up to him. I could see him eyeballing me in his side mirror so it was no surprise when he moved out to block me. But he fucked up by doing it too soon. I pulled in behind him and flitered past him on the inside. Got to the top of the line, about 2 or 3 cars ahead of him. Pulled out again, looked back, gave him a big cheesy smile and a thumbs up. I could almost see the steam coming out of his ears. Schweeet.
Its nice when you can not feed into it, upset them and smile. Not one bit of power given away to the fuckwits. In psychological terms its a disturbing insight into the mentality of some of these creeps. Get ahead and keep ahead at all costs..... I'm bored in work here's my broad generalization after nearly 30 years on bikes on the road I think these are the main offenders.

Over make up head yummy mummies in big yokes.

Middle management middle aged men in mid range German fleet yokes on brand new plates.

Eastern European Steroid users in early 1990s German made former middle management German yokes.

Old self employed shitheads in Large e/s class German yokes whos sole purpose in life after golf and rotary club meetings is to enforce the limit to 100kph in lane 3 .

ALL Nigerians in anything they get their hands on. NO respect for bikes at all.

Grannies and Grandads whos reaction time is like a Sloth on Rohypnal.

Unhappy/psychotic van delivery/landscape gardeners.
That's just who I can think of... hang on... that's nearly everyone..

Last edited by Hondapanfan; 11th October 2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11th October 2017, 12:36 PM
Novice Racer

Biker.ie Member No. 37502 from Balbriggan
31 posts since Jul 2017

Could be because of living pretty far away from the city, but I've only met courteous drivers. Most even give me extra space (with my L vest and all). Only 2 arseholes in 1k miles- a Toyota "middle management" type overtook and immediately after cut me off, forcing my escape into the bus lane and a N driver stopping inside the roundabout right in front of me, trying to figure out how the traffic lights worked. I wonder, would I get in trouble for wearing the L after getting a full license?
Old 11th October 2017, 12:43 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 2026 from your mama's womb.. !
7,260 posts since Jul 2005
Motorbike: Zimmerframe.
Modifications: Ur kiddin' right.!

Originally Posted by Hondapanfan
..there ya go .....
Old 11th October 2017, 12:56 PM
MotoGP Star

Biker.ie Member No. 31168 from North Dublin
792 posts since Mar 2013
Motorbike: VFR800X, Typhoon.
Modifications: Via Est Vita

Thats a good poit of view. certainly need to adopt it.
Old 11th October 2017, 01:20 PM
Quetzalcoatlus the Pterodactyloid Pterosaur's Avatar
Quetzalcoatlus the Pterodactyloid Pterosaur Quetzalcoatlus the Pterodactyloid Pterosaur is offline
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 32434 from Kildare
578 posts since Nov 2013
Motorbike: z750

had something similar happen just last week. filtering into maynooth in the morning so traffic was backed up like it always is. nice straight road handy to filter on. I have a rule that I try not to pass to many cars at once cause you never know what some shit head will do 5 or 6 cars ahead. but plodding along nicely and a few car are pulling in slightly to let me pass. thought to myself its nice to see some other road users making room for me. then all of a sudden I see a big van up ahead and I can see the driver eyeballing me in the mirror coming up. I get to the car behind him and go to over take just as I'm half way past the car he pulls into the middle of the road to block me. so I pulled in behind him and waited and stuck my head out to make sure it was clear to pass him as I pulled out the fucker moves to block me again. at this stage I was calling him every name under the sun. so behind him again I decided ok I will pretend to move to over take him and sure enough he blocks me. I watched till I could see a car coming in the opposite direction and then I over took him as he must of thought I wouldn't try to do it with a car coming the opposite way. now it goes without saying the car coming towards me was a bit away and I was around the van quick enough not to bother the car driver. so passed the van and on I went with myself.

I didn't get his reg but I got the company name off the van.

would love to know what you guys think I should do. I have been half thinking fuck him and let karma get him but would hate it if I didn't do something and the next guy on a bike might not be as lucky
Old 11th October 2017, 01:27 PM
FUMB AS DUCK

Biker.ie Member No. 26031 from Cill Chainnigh
5,078 posts since Apr 2011
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Rizla GSXR
Modifications: Too many

One's a cunt, the other is a fucking cunt. They're both cunts
Old 11th October 2017, 01:30 PM
FUMB AS DUCK

Biker.ie Member No. 26031 from Cill Chainnigh
5,078 posts since Apr 2011
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: Rizla GSXR
Modifications: Too many

Ah here now i have great respect for me bike
Old 11th October 2017, 01:34 PM
Clubman

Biker.ie Member No. 31434 from Dublin
202 posts since May 2013
Motorbike: kTm 690, kTm 990 SMR

Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatlus the Pterodactyloid Pterosaur
had something similar happen just last week. filtering into maynooth in the morning so traffic was backed up like it always is. nice straight road handy to filter on. I have a rule that I try not to pass to many cars at once cause you never know what some shit head will do 5 or 6 cars ahead. but plodding along nicely and a few car are pulling in slightly to let me pass. thought to myself its nice to see some other road users making room for me. then all of a sudden I see a big van up ahead and I can see the driver eyeballing me in the mirror coming up. I get to the car behind him and go to over take just as I'm half way past the car he pulls into the middle of the road to block me. so I pulled in behind him and waited and stuck my head out to make sure it was clear to pass him as I pulled out the fucker moves to block me again. at this stage I was calling him every name under the sun. so behind him again I decided ok I will pretend to move to over take him and sure enough he blocks me. I watched till I could see a car coming in the opposite direction and then I over took him as he must of thought I wouldn't try to do it with a car coming the opposite way. now it goes without saying the car coming towards me was a bit away and I was around the van quick enough not to bother the car driver. so passed the van and on I went with myself.

I didn't get his reg but I got the company name off the van.

would love to know what you guys think I should do. I have been half thinking fuck him and let karma get him but would hate it if I didn't do something and the next guy on a bike might not be as lucky

Might be no harm in softening his cough! I remember a video of a driver for BJG Solutions over in the UK. The company went out of business as a result of the backlash.

Old 11th October 2017, 01:51 PM
WSB Contender

Biker.ie Member No. 1856 from ireland
649 posts since May 2005
Motorbike: Triumph Tiger 800
Modifications: Constant change

Just treat them all as morons out to kill you. Works for me.
Old 11th October 2017, 02:02 PM
Supporter

822 posts since May 2015

Originally Posted by oroura25
Might be no harm in softening his cough! I remember a video of a driver for BJG Solutions over in the UK. The company went out of business as a result of the backlash.

My Goodnes.! and the smarmy head of the Cunt. fair play to your man off the bike, cant say for sure he I wouldn't end up doing something silly to his head.
Old 11th October 2017, 04:31 PM
One Armed Git

Biker.ie Member No. 12895 from Swords
1,687 posts since Oct 2008
Motorbike: CTX 700N
Modifications: A few

Its nice when you can not feed into it, upset them and smile. Not one bit of power given away to the fuckwits. In psychological terms its a disturbing insight into the mentality of some of these creeps. Get ahead and keep ahead at all costs..... I'm bored in work here's my broad generalization after nearly 30 years on bikes on the road I think these are the main offenders.

Over make up head yummy mummies in big yokes.

Middle management middle aged men in mid range German fleet yokes on brand new plates.

Eastern European Steroid users in early 1990s German made former middle management German yokes.

Old self employed shitheads in Large e/s class German yokes whos sole purpose in life after golf and rotary club meetings is to enforce the limit to 100kph in lane 3 .

Grannies and Grandads whos reaction time is like a Sloth on Rohypnal.

Unhappy/psychotic van delivery/landscape gardeners.

What about Taxi drivers worst offenders of the lot cuts
Old 11th October 2017, 05:03 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 34969 from Cork
1,029 posts since Jul 2015
Motorbike: The all mighty GS

Down in sunny Cork I haven't seen anyone purposely trying to block me.

Do see people on their phones wondering around the road like idiots all the time.

And I commute every single day with the bike rain or shine, granted my commute is only about 20' and I do take it handy for the most parts but, what I normally do is try to avoid the link road (N20) as much as I can as it's normally congested and that's where people get the celphones out...

If I take alternative country roads, not only they're bit more fun but due to the nature of the roads it doesn't give cagers time to look at phones without ending in a ditch very quickly, plus traffic normally flows better there...

Won't take country roads if it's pissing or there's chances of ice as with the bike is a recipe for disaster.

But yeah, always try to choose the path of less resistance and go on my marry way. Unless you're recording and willing to spend a lot of time and money through the legal way, any action against a deserving cunt will only escalate for the worse...

...and as bikers, the odds are not in our favor
Old 11th October 2017, 07:02 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 11467 from the burren
2,504 posts since Jul 2008
My Motorcycle Pics Motorbike: TBS,Daytona,nc30
Modifications: Prescription windscreen.

Not easy to keep the head when someone deliberately does this to a biker. And it's not a good idea to get wound up or involved. You could report it but is anything likely to happen?
I think some sort of paint gun splatter would soften their cough a little and you can drive off in peace.
Old 11th October 2017, 07:34 PM
Supporter

Biker.ie Member No. 32047 from Bray
463 posts since Aug 2013
Motorbike: BusaK8 Versys650 Blade 08
Modifications: sack and crack wax.

FYI, don't puch a mirror at speed, you'll injure your hand. hammer fist works best.
Old 11th October 2017, 08:13 PM
Supporter

822 posts since May 2015

Originally Posted by dvgenius
Ah here now i have great respect for me bike
Ayedontbiliffit

Return to Main Topic Biker.ie Forums > General > General Bike Chat

Tags
difference