View Single Post
Old 1st August 2018, 07:11 PM
Wobbling Fledgling
Original Poster of This Thread Topic Starter

Biker.ie Member No. 38109
24 posts since Mar 2018
Default Re: Thinking of swapping a bandit for gsxr 600

Originally Posted by positron
If you want to reduce your fuel bill - look at Honda NC750 - it's a perfect city commuter bike, with front storage, great fuel efficiency and upright riding position. It's also a million miles away from a sports bike - so that might not be ideal.

If you plan on commuting all year round, and something slightly more sporty, perhaps have you considered a BMW F800ST? They are very efficient on fuel - I get 4.2 l/100km on my F800GT (which is very similar to ST); Or in other words a tank is about 15 litres (20 euro to fill) and I get about 300 km per tank. It has plenty of poke for city as well as motorway use, decent amount of fairing etc. Yes, it's a BMW but sure nothing is perfect.
My two dream bikes I'd like to own are a Honda vfr 400 nc30 and a Honda vfr nc750 but there just so expensive my mechanic has a few of them and there well out of my budget. Is that BMW belt or shaft driven? I'd rather stay away from BMW to be honest my mechanic always advises me to stick with Suzuki or honda since I daily commute on my bike there the most reliable brands he said and not much maintenance with them.