Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Racing and Trackdays (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   NW200 - Seeley Dunlop pass at Church (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=175755)

Kwaka Rules 21st May 2012 01:10 PM

Re: NW200 - Seeley Dunlop pass at Church

[quote=Don_Juan;2716649]:lbhbh::lbhbh: in fairness though Seeley took a very wide line in for someone making a pass on the inside, to me it looks just like William described...[/quote]

It certainly does nothing for the Wee Wingers case

phil-short 21st May 2012 02:03 PM

When ya watch the post race interviews the body language says it all.....Seeley was uncomfortable and he knew he had gone too hard.
William Dunlop has just gone up so far in my estimation, and not just for his riding, which was shit hot on the day.

arai#darol 21st May 2012 02:07 PM

"not british super sport champion for nothing" cockey dickhead, he started defending himself before anybody said the move was wrong so he obviousy knew he was in the wrong there

kenny rogers 21st May 2012 02:19 PM

Seeley is lucky he isint going to the TT or Michael would be getting him back with some hairy manouvers for pissing his brother off, no better man :biggrin_old:

YAMER 21st May 2012 02:59 PM

[quote=kenny rogers;2716716]Seeley is lucky he isint going to the TT or Michael would be getting him back with some hairy manouvers for pissing his brother off, no better man :biggrin_old:[/quote]

Why no seeley @ the island?

Don_Juan 21st May 2012 03:08 PM

[quote=YAMER;2716752]Why no seeley @ the island?[/quote]

his Masseuse is too busy that week:thumbsup2:

phil-short 21st May 2012 03:11 PM

He is quite obviously not a road racer.

YAMER 21st May 2012 03:16 PM

[quote=Don_Juan;2716764]his Masseuse is too busy that week:thumbsup2:[/quote]
:lbhbh::lbhbh:
[quote=phil-short;2716767]He is quite obviously not a road racer.[/quote]
cant wait to see the pass, dont want to comment until I see it, mate of mine was out saturday night with me and he saw it, he was fuming as his a mad dunlops fan.

'oul Mr. Murphy 21st May 2012 03:17 PM

he says" 'I don't want to end up as just another statistic"..as far as island goes...

'oul Mr. Murphy 21st May 2012 03:20 PM

and the reason he does the northwest

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmyzFsYEdco[/ame]

kwackquack 21st May 2012 03:31 PM

video of incident blocked blocked :mad1:

metallica 21st May 2012 05:35 PM

[quote='oul Mr. Murphy;2716776]and the reason he does the northwest

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmyzFsYEdco[/url][/quote]
Because it is a short circuit.

pointbiker 21st May 2012 06:01 PM

Yep, bbc1 newsline just gave a report on Alistair Sealey's nw200 exploits, briefly mentioned (once each) John McGuiness and William Dunlop, showed the pass on William from the air and interviewed him after the 2nd superbike race. Didn't even mention Rutter :mad1:
Was between metropole and church corner for the racing, couldn't believe the move on Dunlop, how Sealey thought that was safe to do I'll never know. As we all know our sport is dangerous enough without idiots pulling moves like that. If anyone else pulled that stunt, I'm sure the mcui would ban them!!

On a lighter note, there were 2 english auld fellas sitting on the bank beside us, I don't think they go to many road races cos after seeing Doctor John come around at the back of the field they said "well you gotta give him full marks for effort!!!!" Don't think they even copped all the gear he was carrying :lbhbh:

jc42 21st May 2012 06:18 PM

[quote=arai#darol;2716700]"not british super sport champion for nothing" cockey dickhead, he started defending himself before anybody said the move was wrong so he obviousy knew he was in the wrong there[/quote]

Exactly, he knew well he was in the wrong, clippin handlebars on a road ffs:mad1: If he had even acknowledged it it would of saved his reputation. What a bell end. Would of loved to see Michael Dunlop flatten him if it was done to him!

SUGS 21st May 2012 06:26 PM

Karma boys 'n girls....hats off to William for his composure.

HIGHSIDER 21st May 2012 08:12 PM

[quote=SUGS;2716958]Karma boys 'n girls....hats off to William for his composure.[/quote]

Egggxactly..:thumbsup2:

Can't wait for the TT now.... performance like that from William at the NW :woots:....I would hope the lad gets at least a podium of sorts on the island, he really has a cracking chance i feel, no less than what he deserves..:thumbsup2:

'oul Mr. Murphy 21st May 2012 08:15 PM

[quote=HIGHSIDER;2717093]Egggxactly..:thumbsup2:

Can't wait for the TT now.... performance like that from William at the NW :woots:....I would hope the lad gets at least a podium of sorts on the island, he really has a cracking chance i feel, no less than what he deserves..:thumbsup2:[/quote]

im with ya there:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Redgate 21st May 2012 09:59 PM

It's just about to start now on bbc lads:thumbsup2:

yamasaki 21st May 2012 10:14 PM

Interview was edited big surprise wankers

LOGGSER_TLR 21st May 2012 10:43 PM

Well?:unsure2:

skinny 21st May 2012 10:51 PM

He never does the TT.

It was a dangerous overtake, did he think he was doing a bsb round or something.

Anyway, William is really looking good on the 600. Would love to see him bag a trophy at the TT on it.

NODSTER 21st May 2012 10:51 PM

[quote=yamasaki;2717230]Interview was edited big surprise wankers[/quote]

....missed out on the annual Hector/Philip spot :woots:

Don_Juan 21st May 2012 10:54 PM

[quote=skinny;2717277]He never does the TT.

It was a dangerous overtake, did he think he was doing a bsb round or something.

Anyway, William is really looking good on the 600. Would love to see him bag a trophy at the TT on it.[/quote]

William is really coming into his own now, getting plenty of pre season saddle time and training very hard too, and this is the first time in a long time hes had an and bike on par with the bigger teams, hes more comfortable on the small bikes so i think a superbike or even stock win would be very tough for him, would love to see him scoop a 600 win at the TT, very possible too:thumbsup2:

'oul Mr. Murphy 21st May 2012 10:58 PM

when i see the incedent again it drives home the danger seeley as a man is,hes a fuking bully of the highest order...amazing how he shock hands when he won,yet diff story in defeat...sore fuker...

skinny 21st May 2012 11:02 PM

[quote=Don_Juan;2717287]William is really coming into his own now, getting plenty of pre season saddle time and training very hard too, and this is the first time in a long time hes had an and bike on par with the bigger teams, hes more comfortable on the small bikes so i think a superbike or even stock win would be very tough for him, would love to see him scoop a 600 win at the TT, very possible too:thumbsup2:[/quote]

Indeed, defo at the right team, came on leaps and bounds last year and a win is not
unrealistic. I would be delighted for him.

yamasaki 21st May 2012 11:05 PM

Looks like Honda power is back in the 600's ;)

Don_Juan 21st May 2012 11:08 PM

[quote=yamasaki;2717300]Looks like Honda power is back in the 600's ;)[/quote]

just the 600's plenty of good lads involved there, Chris Mayhew builds a great 600 engine and mark woodage is well capable too as is Williams spanner man Jamie, seems to be all coming together for them now:thumbsup2:

Rambo#15 21st May 2012 11:15 PM

[quote=Don_Juan;2717304]just the 600's plenty of good lads involved there, Chris Mayhew builds a great 600 engine and mark woodage is well capable too as is Williams spanner man Jamie, seems to be all coming together for them now:thumbsup2:[/quote]

Honda power back in the thousands too :rolleyes2:
Sure Mc Guinness won the first Superbike race on TT legends Fireblade :thumbsup2:

joe williams 21st May 2012 11:16 PM

just watched it , that was a dangerous pass end of story , fine if there was a gravel trap , but a stone wall ffs , back to bbs with ya ya wee wally , he s gone from hero to zero imo.

Don_Juan 21st May 2012 11:18 PM

[quote=Rambo#15;2717310]Honda power back in the thousands too :rolleyes2:
Sure Mc Guinness won the first Superbike race on TT legends Fireblade :thumbsup2:[/quote]

i was talking about williams bikes ya numpty...and if the other ballix hadnt have overshot McGuinness wouldnt have won it, as much as it pains me to say it:thumbsup2:

Rambo#15 21st May 2012 11:18 PM

That move by Seeley has no place on a road circuit with no run off
But his ungentlemanly arrogant attitude has even less of a place there
This ain't a nice thought but by jasis god help him if he tried that on Michael

joe williams 21st May 2012 11:42 PM

[quote=Rambo#15;2717313]That move by Seeley has no place on a road circuit with no run off
This ain't a nice thought but by jasis god help him if he tried that on Michael[/quote]

he wouldnt of left a lump of skin on his face !!!

NODSTER 21st May 2012 11:43 PM

Totally agreed Shane, no room especially at today's road racing for an attitude "I'll win at all costs if I have too"

metallica 22nd May 2012 07:09 AM

Sorry lads but I didnt see much wrong with the move, it surprised WD but Seeley had the inside line and I didnt see them rubbing elbows at all.
I would say WD was a bit rough with the back marker at Magherabouy, what people forget is nearly all the top riders ride the NW just like a short circuit now WD will tell you he rides nearly every road race now like a short circuit.
I am not defending Seeley as I think he is a jumped up little prick and is in a team full off them.
If the move had off been made by a rider say down in 10th or 20th place sure nobody would be interested, and if WD or Micky had off made that move on somebody the folk would have been saying it was some move.

jim 22nd May 2012 07:18 AM

[quote=Rambo#15;2717313]That move by Seeley has no place on a road circuit with no run off
This ain't a nice thought but by jasis god help him if he tried that on Michael[/quote]

watching it last night...even though i knew was the highlights i still thought william was going off!!!...dangerous move by seeley,when he was interviewed after i was thinking "what a horrible wee man" was also thinking if hed done that to micheal i dont think he wouldve been as restrained as william!!

MREGAN 22nd May 2012 07:45 AM

What about Gary Johnston? Was that just an error on his behalf or was he trying the same. Had that outcome happened at church with the wee wally and WD I think we could have been talking about a fatality. Someone above said they didnt touch. Seeley admitted they touch bars.

CBRLOVER 22nd May 2012 07:47 AM

[quote=metallica;2717401]Sorry lads but I didnt see much wrong with the move, it surprised WD but Seeley had the inside line and I didnt see them rubbing elbows at all.
[/quote]

The thing is, it is more about what happened rather than what you say. Seeley went up the inside of William very early and as they both said he hit WD. You might not see that from what we can see but that is what happened.

Just because you didnít see it doesnít make it right or safe. Seeley hadnít the inside line he pushed William out.

Don_Juan 22nd May 2012 08:10 AM

[quote=metallica;2717401]Sorry lads but I didnt see much wrong with the move, it surprised WD but Seeley had the inside line and I didnt see them rubbing elbows at all.
I would say WD was a bit rough with the back marker at Magherabouy, what people forget is nearly all the top riders ride the NW just like a short circuit now WD will tell you he rides nearly every road race now like a short circuit.
I am not defending Seeley as I think he is a jumped up little prick and is in a team full off them.
If the move had off been made by a rider say down in 10th or 20th place sure nobody would be interested, and if WD or Micky had off made that move on somebody the folk would have been saying it was some move.[/quote]

i see where your coming form but Seeley held WD out way to long on corner entry, watch it again and see how late Seeley leaves it to turn in, a rider passing on the inside line (especially on a coner with a danger exit!) should show a wheel, move forward and take the tight line, Seeley didnt, he went up the inside, rubber bars with WD and held him out until he knew WD had no hope of making any sort of a line on the corner:thumbsup2:

[quote=MREGAN;2717421]What about Gary Johnston? Was that just an error on his behalf or was he trying the same. Had that outcome happened at church with the wee wally and WD I think we could have been talking about a fatality. Someone above said they didnt touch. Seeley admitted they touch bars.[/quote]

I agree, this seems to be taking preference over what i would say was nearly as wrekless a move....difference is, Gary was behind 2/3 riders so my guess is he got a very good slip stream and got caught out by it and completely fooked his braking marker due to the extra speed, has happened there before, but a stupid mistake none the less and very little about it being said:thumbsup2:

deburca 22nd May 2012 08:39 AM

i had respect for seeley but after that incident thats out the window, i'd regard him as a dirty rider.

TheUntalentedOne 22nd May 2012 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=Don_Juan;2717437][B][I]Seeley held WD out way to long on corner entry, watch it again and see how late Seeley leaves it to turn in, a rider passing on the inside line (especially on a coner with a danger exit!) should show a wheel, move forward and take the tight line, Seeley didnt, he went up the inside, rubber bars with WD and held him out until he knew WD had no hope of making any sort of a line on the corner[/I][/B]:thumbsup2:
[QUOTE]

That's exactly what happened and is a dirty move on the track never mind the road . Never had any time for that little prat !!

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS