Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   cuckoo land (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=170792)

menapia dude 6th March 2012 12:24 PM

cuckoo land

This is the type of add that fuks up vintage and classic bikes,beggars belief how someone can put a 9500 price tag on a z9,

[url]http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/3094086[/url]

Sleep 6th March 2012 12:27 PM

Re: cuckoo land

It must be the new battery pushing up the price :lbhbh:

hotboxzerox 6th March 2012 12:32 PM

at what age do older bikes begin to appreciate again? cause theres alot of overpriced old shite on there.

Gitzy 6th March 2012 12:33 PM

Ye have to admit,
It's fuckin' nice tho!

Wally Breslin 6th March 2012 12:37 PM

Dubs.......:rolleyes2:

menapia dude 6th March 2012 12:37 PM

[quote=Gitzy;2638626]Ye have to admit,
It's fuckin' nice tho![/quote]

tis nice i have a 76 kz9 ,it ends there tho good to look at end off lol,that one is worth a max of 4k and even then i wudnt buy it,but ya never no it might shift as theres one born everyday but i tell ya if it shifts for near the price tag mine will be on donedeal an hour after it hahahahaah

Irish ek 6th March 2012 12:49 PM

[quote=Sleep;2638621]It must be the new battery pushing up the price :lbhbh:[/quote]

I think its the chrome mudguards meself! :lbhbh:

yzfr1jon 6th March 2012 12:57 PM

Bloke in Practical Sportbike this month has been bringing in Kwaka's like that from the states unused in their crates for less than that one. Your man musta sat down added up all the "rebuild" bills tacked a healthy profit and put it up to see if he'd get a bite.:thumbsup2:

Holy shit I stand corrected [URL="http://www.classicbikes.co.uk/"]Link[/URL]."Click on stock link" 24000 for a mint Z900. I'm defo in the wrong game for makin a killin.........

the toenail cutter 6th March 2012 01:06 PM

hes smokeing some good shit :lbhbh:

allsorts&oddjobs 6th March 2012 01:18 PM

its minty mint tho and i bet there is some fecker out there with more money than sense that will stick it a shed as an 'investment', waste of a nice bike.

jim 6th March 2012 01:46 PM

i wonder :think: if i polish up the vfr and the zzr,shtick em in a shed for a couple of years and call em "mint classics" i can get a fortune :woots:

im rich i tells ya,rich!!! :hyper:

class looking bike though but whats the story with the prices?and as for the honda50s......holy fook :woots:

cocoa 6th March 2012 02:35 PM

there is always chancers about, i have been guilty myself, looking 100 pounds for an m20 :wassat:

Kwackerman 6th March 2012 03:44 PM

[quote=yzfr1jon;2638653]Bloke in Classic Motorcycle Mechanics this month has been bringing in Kwaka's like that from the states unused in their crates for less than that one. Your man musta sat down added up all the "rebuild" bills tacked a healthy profit and put it up to see if he'd get a bite.:thumbsup2:

Holy shit I stand corrected [URL="http://www.classicbikes.co.uk/"]Link[/URL]."Click on stock link" 24000 for a mint Z900. I'm defo in the wrong game for makin a killin.........[/quote]

thats the RWHS site You are looking at
their bikes are all restored and even if they look great they are way overpriced but they somehow allways manage to sell them

and there are no unused Zeds being shipped into the UK in crates
the last uncrated Zed found was a Z1000 and it had been stored in a damp shed so it was rotten

murdoc62 6th March 2012 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=menapia dude;2638619]This is the type of add that fuks up vintage and classic bikes,beggars belief how someone can put a 9500 price tag on a z9,

The z900 from 76 was a UK bike, the bike your man is floggin has a US spec rear mudgard and saddle plus orange reflectors which are only on the KZ model from across the pond. Now if that yoke was a 72-75 Z1 in that nick with all matching numbers including the pipes maybe 9k .......IMO....

murdoc62 6th March 2012 04:05 PM

[quote=Kwackerman;2638784]thats the RWHS site You are looking at
their bikes are all restored and even if they look great they are way overpriced but they somehow allways manage to sell them

and there are no unused Zeds being shipped into the UK in crates
the last uncrated Zed found was a Z1000 and it had been stored in a damp shed so it was rotten[/quote]

'plus 1'

generalisimo muldoon 6th March 2012 05:22 PM

Problem is, fella's think that if it costs €8 or €9K to restore, then that's what it's worth on the open market. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way as I explained a while back to a lad selling a freshly restored XT500 that he was asking €5K for.

cloudhopper 6th March 2012 06:20 PM

[quote=generalisimo muldoon;2638892]Problem is, fella's think that if it costs 8 or 9K to restore, then that's what it's worth on the open market. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way as I explained a while back to a lad selling a freshly restored XT500 that he was asking 5K for.[/quote]

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

So if you have a bike on the market for 9000, drop the price to 7000 "2k UNDER MARKET VALUE" and after 12 months of not selling the yoke i offer you 5000, thats the exact market value.

Cause it ain't worth a pack of Rancheros until someone offers you one for it.

Rick Shaw 6th March 2012 07:16 PM

He's just another dungdeal dreamer, that site is full of them.
There's still that Honda 50 on sale for 3000 and the "first to see will buy" brigade:rolleyes2:

My First Suzuki 6th March 2012 07:20 PM

[quote=Rick Shaw;2639043]He's just another dungdeal dreamer, that site is full of them.
There's still that Honda 50 on sale for 3000 and the [B]"first to see will buy"[/B] brigade:rolleyes2:[/quote]

That has to be the most over-used cliche of all time :thumbsup2:

menapia dude 6th March 2012 08:10 PM

lets see yer views on this folks

first the last of the z9s were so much better than the first to look at,ride and handle,
so why is the 72 model worth more u might ask lol,well this is where the muppets come into play with their over evaluations of them for the year or the model,

owning a bike be it vintage or newer is about riding the damn thing correct me if im wrong.

i know a few of these muppets who have 5 or 6 vintage bikes that have not seen daylight for years incase they get a chip on the paint or have to wash them after a ride,i for the love of me cant get this ,im riding 26 years this year and have often had a few bikes at one time and would love to own loads more if funds wud allow but not for viewing and polishing and telling people how much one model similar fetched 10k or more a bike is for riding ?,

am i missing something here ?

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS