Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   MCE not nice people HELP (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=244131)

briken 12th June 2018 11:06 PM

MCE not nice people HELP

Bike broke down flat as fuck pushed it home rang MCN put on hold for 20 mins
cut off called again forwarded to independent breakdown call centre, on hold 24 mins cut off called again on hold for 10 mins then told I only had roadside cover not home cover so they will not collect from house. they are the Ryanair of insurance I would hate to have to deal with them in a crash so be warned !

Anyway bike stuck outside house anyone with a trailer to transport to mechanic
Shankill to Blackrock Co Dublin 5 miles take a half hour or recommend someone around the area,

I know youse will deliver :smileee:

davelr 12th June 2018 11:31 PM

Re: MCN not nice people HELP

I'm guessing you mean MCE and not the rag MCN.

briken 13th June 2018 12:30 AM

I do but how those that help

briken 13th June 2018 12:44 AM

Mce mce mce ffs

Interceptor 13th June 2018 06:44 AM

All breakdown insurance is just to get you off the side of the road - you are pulling the piss a bit if you think its to courier your bike around. Did you ring your mechanic and see if he's got a van? Any decent workshop will pick your bike up.

'cptr

dec c 13th June 2018 07:25 AM

Push it

green grass 13th June 2018 07:32 AM

[quote=dec c;3541473]push it[/quote]

p..p...p..p..p...p..push it real good!!!

Christopher Livingstone Eubanks 13th June 2018 08:00 AM

[quote=green grass;3541474]p..p...p..p..p...p..push it real good!!![/quote]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyM-0Mi8ji8[/url]

johnny b 13th June 2018 08:07 AM

:ban:

oroura25 13th June 2018 09:34 AM

I wonder would Principal collect my 990 for the third party only quote of 900 they gave me :bag: MCE are great!

manbearpig 13th June 2018 09:38 AM

First did you try the simple things?

Battery straps tight and clean? Check the fuses? What is the actual issue - is it turning over or just nothing once the ignition is on?

If your not competent ring your local mechanic - they'll be able to collect and fix / suggest things to check. . . if youre looking for answers best to take a short video on the issue and the lads here will be able to offer good advice on how to get it up and running.

Kaos Theory 13th June 2018 09:42 AM

They have your money, they don't give a fuck now.

Google 'MCE claim problems'...

Frisco 13th June 2018 09:57 AM

As if any of the other companies are any better at all

DUKEDAN 13th June 2018 10:47 AM

Push it around the corner from the house and call them .....SIMPLES

acdc 13th June 2018 11:22 AM

fucking principle are the same , when i got knocked t bone by a lad in a jeep i reported is asap to principle only to get a letter from some insurance/finance place telling me that because i did not report it will invalid cover , this was the other parts reporting me for the damage, I told them i informed principle then i called principal and got pretty thick on the phone when she said sorry thats unheard of and sure there is no way to tell who you speaking to if you didnt know her name , I said hold on a sec here is the time and here is the day, i kept in my diary and ye record every call as ye says so on the start of the call, sorted in the end she said ok will will search for that, then she said sure we are only brokers and I said whats the point of a broker if all ye do is take money off every policy and do nothing else , every other broker i had dealt with that through themselves ,,,,,,,,,, aint that the usual case?

NoDrama 13th June 2018 11:58 AM

I was given the name Martin MacDonald motorcycle recovery in the past
086 8330705
never used him in the end thankfully, but there you go...

Frisco 13th June 2018 12:33 PM

[quote=acdc;3541515]fucking principle are the same , when i got knocked t bone by a lad in a jeep i reported is asap to principle only to get a letter from some insurance/finance place telling me that because i did not report it will invalid cover , this was the other parts reporting me for the damage, I told them i informed principle then i called principal and got pretty thick on the phone when she said sorry thats unheard of and sure there is no way to tell who you speaking to if you didnt know her name , I said hold on a sec here is the time and here is the day, i kept in my diary and ye record every call as ye says so on the start of the call, sorted in the end she said ok will will search for that, then she said sure we are only brokers and I said whats the point of a broker if all ye do is take money off every policy and do nothing else , every other broker i had dealt with that through themselves ,,,,,,,,,, aint that the usual case?[/quote]

I had similar happen with Principal. Non fault accident so I rang them to inform them that day, their claims line connects directly to a solicitor who didn't pass on any details to the actual insurer. I rang principal customer care myself the next day, nothing noted about the accident but the guy on the phone took details again and said they'd be in touch which never happened.

So in the end it was 3 phone calls over 4 days just to get the accident recorded with my own insurance, then there's the usual BS dealing with the cagers insurance.

Dunno what'd happen if you were broken up in hospital.

There are no good insurance companies/brokers

acdc 13th June 2018 01:24 PM

[quote=Frisco;3541542]I had similar happen with Principal. Non fault accident so I rang them to inform them that day, their claims line connects directly to a solicitor who didn't pass on any details to the actual insurer. I rang principal customer care myself the next day, nothing noted about the accident but the guy on the phone took details again and said they'd be in touch which never happened.

So in the end it was 3 phone calls over 4 days just to get the accident recorded with my own insurance, then there's the usual BS dealing with the cagers insurance.

Dunno what'd happen if you were broken up in hospital.

There are no good insurance companies/brokers[/quote]

there simply Legend, ps. I love you Xs, fuck what do we need them for and why cant the uk underwriter just deal with the customer

renniks 13th June 2018 01:47 PM

as a friend of mine once said: "you are insured for everything but a claim"

Doomdom 13th June 2018 02:12 PM

If i call insurance company for any reason I always ask for reference number for this call.
In order to give you reference number they have to log your call in system.

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS