Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Racing and Trackdays (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Surreal scenes as MotoGP rider disqualified for grabbing opponent's brake lever (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=245609)

dePeatrick 10th September 2018 02:19 PM

Surreal scenes as MotoGP rider disqualified for grabbing opponent's brake lever

Surreal scenes as MotoGP rider disqualified for grabbing opponent's brake lever.

This I see quite mad, how on earth did he think he would get away with this?

[url]http://www.the42.ie/rider-pulls-breaks-motogp-san-marino-grand-prix-motorsport-4226635-Sep2018/[/url]

Romano Fenati at the San Marino Grand Prix on Sunday afternoon reached over and squeezed his rival Stefano Manzis brake lever! He got himself a two race ban for it.

Has sportsmanship gone from MotoGP?

SUGS 10th September 2018 02:26 PM

Re: Surreal scenes as MotoGP rider disqualified for grabbing opponent's brake leve

da fuk... !! Fenati has form here and its not the first time he's behaved in a reckless manner. He should be banned from racing.

dePeatrick 10th September 2018 02:47 PM

Re: Surreal scenes as MotoGP rider disqualified for grabbing opponent's brake leve

[quote=SUGS;3551476]da fuk... !! Fenati has form here and its not the first time he's behaved in a reckless manner. He should be banned from racing.[/quote]I see he has just been sacked! He apologises for his "Disgraceful behaviour" and says "I was not a man"

PADDYOT 10th September 2018 02:49 PM

Not as if it's not dangerous enough already. Legend, ps. I love you X should be arrested never mind banned. Could have killed the chap using very deliberate actions.

RTV 10th September 2018 02:49 PM

I saw that, absolutely insane. Pretty sure he wont be racing again, not in the foreseeable future...

He's been dropped by other teams before and has been dropped again.

Should be banned from riding/driving anything he has a clear psychological issue.

kad 10th September 2018 02:57 PM

One life time ban would sort that crack out forever

bushman 10th September 2018 03:41 PM

Fenati was always a dick!

dukeNblade 10th September 2018 03:46 PM

should be charged with attempted murder.

Frankkilty 10th September 2018 04:03 PM

Re: Surreal scenes as MotoGP rider disqualified for grabbing opponent's brake lever

Has he not been fired? No team will hire him again.

marktspud 10th September 2018 04:12 PM

Re: Surreal scenes as MotoGP rider disqualified for grabbing opponent's brake lever

His current team cancelled his contract and his team for next year are distancing themselves. Won't ride again at this level again I'd say.. Toxic for sponsors aswell

Jack stowage 10th September 2018 05:53 PM

Well at least it made TV3..SORRY..Virgin media news....:rolleyes2:

black pudding 10th September 2018 06:24 PM

Jesus that is unbelievable

PADDYOT 10th September 2018 06:30 PM

And lets not forget these shenanigans

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7fep8y0X2w[/url]

swanny 10th September 2018 09:15 PM

I'm hoping the 2 race ban isn't the end of it. When its making the news in Ireland, its not the publicity that sponsors want and will put a bit of pressure on the FIM. Should be lifetime ban, and wait to see what the italian authorities do. Nicola Canepa was the last person to do this at a high level, yer man went over the handlebars and Nico is supposed to be waiting on a court date for attempted manslaughter. Proper order too.....

Vjmc.Cork 10th September 2018 09:23 PM

The local feds have recievied an official complaint so it aint over yet.

Admin 10th September 2018 11:14 PM

Manzi was no angel either and got penalised for trying to take down Fenati a few times before that incident aswell, basically ramming him off track and lost around 8 places as a result.

Young, Dumb, and,. handled it all wrong but you can see why he lost the plot and possibly his career as a result, although maybe the progression to MotoGP itself wouldn't have suited him, given there were only around 2 overtakes in the entire snore-fest at San Marino,. and the useless fookers wouldn't even race after a bit of drizzle at Silverstone :icon2:

blk150 11th September 2018 07:37 AM

Seen this on the TV and yes it's disgusting and he deserves all that's coming to him but why is it only negative stuff that involves bike racing (and bikes in general) only ever makes the news?

Chickenhawk 11th September 2018 09:03 AM

[quote=blk150;3551537]Seen this on the TV and yes it's disgusting and he deserves all that's coming to him but why is it only negative stuff that involves bike racing (and bikes in general) only ever makes the news?[/quote]

It's the news in general.
Bad news sells suppose.

I haven't read a paper or watched the news in years unless I'm interested in the topic.

Negativity in, negativity out.

pedrosixfour 11th September 2018 09:52 AM

[quote=Chickenhawk;3551543]I haven't read a paper or watched the news in years[/quote]

Same here.

It's better to be uninformed than misinformed. :thumbsup2:

Big Man Andy 11th September 2018 11:05 AM

[quote=blk150;3551537]Seen this on the TV and yes it's disgusting and he deserves all that's coming to him but why is it only negative stuff that involves bike racing (and bikes in general) only ever makes the news?[/quote]

Drama grabs headlines, sells papers\gets clicks, good news doesn't.

For example.

1. Johnny Rea wins 3 WSBK titles, maybe a small paragraph on the back page.

:thumbsup2:

2. Accident at a Road Race. Joe Duffy...

:bag:

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS