Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   First day on my first bike, rear ended by a car:( (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=239417)

bman 16th July 2017 07:08 PM

First day on my first bike, rear ended by a car:(

WhAt are the chances! I picked up my first bike yesterday, a nice red deauville. Took the bike out for a spin this morning. Felt great. Stopped at a junction at the back of the airport waiting to turn left and the car stopped behind me decides I am not there and proceeds to rear end me.
Fairly tame accident but a bit of damage to the bike, thankfully I seem ok. Hopefully the bike isn't too badly damaged, and I can get back on the road very quickly.
Just want to thank the biker on the green Kawasaki that stopped for me. I didn't get his name.

Just highlights the vulnerability of been on a bike.

carbon 16th July 2017 07:19 PM

Re: First day on my first bike, rear ended by a car:(

Fucker was probably to busy texting to see you:mad2: thankfully it's a minor altercation and all is ok.. You'll be on the road in no time:bikerie:

D1Dman 16th July 2017 07:19 PM

Ahhhh shit..bad luck.hopefull your back in the saddle straight away

Confusion 16th July 2017 07:22 PM

Not the best start. At least you are ok. Hopefully the bike will be sorted
quickly. Be prepared for the possibility that it will be a write-off. Plastic bits
are incredibly expensive.

Pattefolle 16th July 2017 07:24 PM

Bad luck but thankfully you are ok, hope the guy is gonna pay up promptly!

nednedned 16th July 2017 07:27 PM

Glad your OK. I do tap the brake handle once or twice if I see a cage coming up behind. Just hope it grabs their attention.

galway86 16th July 2017 07:37 PM

Worst thing is that you'll have to disclose the accident regardless of blame to your insurance companies for the next 5 years.if it goes through insurance of course. Pain inthe balls.at stop signs is when I feel the most vulnerable especially when ive no mirrors

croaker 1000 k1 16th July 2017 07:42 PM

now thats just bad fukn luck......at least its not as serious as i could be....

allsorts&oddjobs 16th July 2017 07:48 PM

always get witness names etc, even if the cunt admits liability straight away they can change their minds soon after, and take lots of photys.
glad your ok, but if you fell down don't forget to get new kit etc.

downey 16th July 2017 09:25 PM

very unlucky start,, glad to hear your uninjured bud ffs hope its a quick pay out for ya ,,you might even upgrade from a deuville :thumbsup2:

bman 16th July 2017 10:19 PM

Thanks guys. I took a load of pictures. Reported it to the Gardaí. He text me accepted full responsibility. Used his breakdown assist to get the bike back to my house. So I think I am covered. As long as the cost to fix the bike isn't too much and he pays it I will be happy. But it is unfortunate.

Damage is the gear lever bent in, the driver hit the exhaust so that's damaged too, and a slight craic in the back

Really happy with the bike, so not keen on an upgrade........ yet!

xt500mad 16th July 2017 10:28 PM

[quote=allsorts&oddjobs;3486578]always get witness names etc, even if the cunt admits liability straight away they can change their minds soon after, and take lots of photys.
glad your ok, but if you fell down don't forget to get new kit etc.[/quote]

now that's a pain first day out sorry to hear

but great idea claim for your 1000 euro kit that f all is wrong with it i take it

and then leave the insurance company pay out big time and then lads crying my insurance is a rip off, it's a business and if you do not understand but a business is estabished to make a profit

Weevil 2.0 17th July 2017 07:57 AM

The silver lining is: you're ok and I really wish you this being the first and the last of any offs. Not a lot of damage judging by your description, nothing that can't be replaced quickly (maybe not so cheaply).

Anyway, you're grand and don't allow the whole situation to get better of you.

positron 17th July 2017 10:03 AM

Hard luck. Glad you are okay.

renniks 17th July 2017 10:24 AM

[quote=xt500mad;3486619]now that's a pain first day out sorry to hear

but great idea claim for your 1000 euro kit that f all is wrong with it i take it

and then leave the insurance company pay out big time and then lads crying my insurance is a rip off, it's a business and if you do not understand but a business is estabished to make a profit[/quote]

Yep, and then we can all bitch some more about insurance quotes rising!

knightrider 17th July 2017 02:35 PM

it might end up being more costy than you think, with the fairings, lights, levers and whatever and if he hit the exhaust from behind it could have shifted the header pipes

R.M 17th July 2017 06:41 PM

Bad luck....things can only get better!

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS