Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Paint-job price (again..I know, I know) (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=239413)

-alan- 16th July 2017 01:25 PM

Paint-job price (again..I know, I know)

Lads, sorry for dragging this up yet again..

Single colour paint job - black. Tank and side-panels on a vintage bike. Tank and panels stripped back to bare metal in advance. I'd like a pro-job, but no need for a show quality finish.

What kind of price are ye talking about nowadays ?

Wesifumi 16th July 2017 11:16 PM

Re: Paint-job price (again..I know, I know)

From experience. You cannot just give a price out of the air, each job has its own intricacies. Bare metal, prep, primer, sand primer, primer again, sand primer, lay down a base. Lay down a coat, sand, coat sand etc etc

Paint job are time consuming and materials cost a pretty penny. Just to buy the paint alone for my bike before anything was done it was €400.00

-alan- 16th July 2017 11:43 PM

'kin ell :woots:

Was that for just a tank and side-panels / single colour type job ?

faz1 17th July 2017 12:55 AM

[quote=Wesifumi;3486615]From experience. You cannot just give a price out of the air, each job has its own intricacies. Bare metal, prep, primer, sand primer, primer again, sand primer, lay down a base. Lay down a coat, sand, coat sand etc etc

Paint job are time consuming and materials cost a pretty penny. Just to buy the paint alone for my bike before anything was done it was [B]400.00[/quote[/B]]

did you get it painted gold?

Harley Riders Love A Reacharound 17th July 2017 08:57 AM

Ive no problem doing it mate if ya want to send on some detailed pics

-alan- 17th July 2017 11:37 AM

Be glad to - pm me an email address and I'll send you some over.

Wesifumi 17th July 2017 12:10 PM

[quote=-alan-;3486621]'kin ell :woots:

Was that for just a tank and side-panels / single colour type job ?[/quote]

...No that was just to buy the paint, that didn't involve the painter painting it..just the materials ...the painter ( a friend) didn't charge for painting, only the materials

did you get it painted gold?[/QUOTE]

parts of it , yes

and then to clear coat it cost another 400.00

-alan- 17th July 2017 01:00 PM

Sounds like it wasn't a monochrome job.

800 euros in paint materials - throw in a reasonable rate for labour and you're talking c. 1400-1500 to paint a bike. Some bikes might be worth it - but I have to say, none of mine alas :(

Harley Riders Love A Reacharound 17th July 2017 08:53 PM

[quote=Wesifumi;3486676]...No that was just to buy the paint, that didn't involve the painter painting it..just the materials ...the painter ( a friend) didn't charge for painting, only the materials

did you get it painted gold?[/quote]

parts of it , yes

and then to clear coat it cost another 400.00[/QUOTE]

Fuckin hell!

rusty.bullet.hole 17th July 2017 09:18 PM

Got a trackbike done last year. Gloss white. New fairings. Tank, front mudguard, front nose fairing, side fairing and seat unit. 280 labour and materials. It was a decent job too.

faz1 18th July 2017 12:02 AM

[quote=rusty.bullet.hole;3486831]Got a trackbike done last year. Gloss white. New fairings. Tank, front mudguard, front nose fairing, side fairing and seat unit. 280 labour and materials. It was a decent job too.[/quote]

now your talkin'

goose81 18th July 2017 02:00 AM

[quote=rusty.bullet.hole;3486831]Got a trackbike done last year. Gloss white. New fairings. Tank, front mudguard, front nose fairing, side fairing and seat unit. 280 labour and materials. It was a decent job too.[/quote]

Who did it?

rusty.bullet.hole 18th July 2017 04:48 AM

A guy outside Carlow. I dont want to put his name up. There was another guy in kilkenny advertising on done deal at the time and he quoted 300 for the same job.

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS