Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   BMW service North Dublin?? (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=245125)

Brother Thadeus 11th August 2018 03:51 PM

BMW service North Dublin??

Is Joe Duffy the best/only option??

kwackquack 11th August 2018 06:02 PM

Re: BMW service North Dublin??

[quote=Brother Thadeus;3548826]Is Joe Duffy the best/only option??[/quote]

No not really

Brother Thadeus 11th August 2018 06:19 PM

[quote=kwackquack;3548841]No not really[/quote]

Ok, ta

Outaline 11th August 2018 06:39 PM

Depends on the a few factors imo the year of bike ,mileage , if it has a full main dealer history and you want to keep it that way ,
Sometimes you'd be surprised at the cost differential it might not be as much as you'd expect from main dealer .
I'm sure there non Francis's mechanics in north dublin but they may not have the equipment to reset service light for example or keep the book stamped fbsh.

RTV 13th August 2018 08:17 AM

If it's under warranty, definitely go for the official dealer. Otherwise, the bike is just another bike and can be serviced by anyone that knows what they're doing.

Having said that, ring them and ask for pricing and what exactly do they do. It could be a little bit more expensive but then again, sometimes they do go the extra mile and check/replace a few more things...

When we bought the wife's cage second hand it came with warranty from the dealer and the service was a few bobs more expensive but the service did include fuel filter, air filter, overall inspection with a nice little report attached and even detailed, so not just your classic oil and filter change.

The Road Runner 13th August 2018 09:54 AM

A buddy of mine was a good customer of Duffys, bought new bike from them , all the servicing and maintenance etc....until one day he wantted a specific brand of tyre, they said , we dont carry those, ok then if i suppl tyre will you fit it for me, yea no problem,,,,,,,,,,,,tyre was fitted and the bill was 130 euro just for that.......i said , surely you didnt agree to pay that.....but he did........just a case in point......:woots:

gary79 13th August 2018 10:36 AM

[quote=The Road Runner;3548974]A buddy of mine was a good customer of Duffys, bought new bike from them , all the servicing and maintenance etc....until one day he wantted a specific brand of tyre, they said , we dont carry those, ok then if i suppl tyre will you fit it for me, yea no problem,,,,,,,,,,,,tyre was fitted and the bill was 130 euro just for that.......i said , surely you didnt agree to pay that.....but he did........just a case in point......:woots:[/quote]

130 to fit a fucking tyre!!! Jesus ... :wassat:

Mowag 13th August 2018 09:15 PM

Joe Duffys,
I'm dealing with them years and find the whole team very good ,
I took a uk bike in , in 2016 still under warranty and they did a lot of work on it free all under warranty no problem .

Over the years I have had some work carried out under goodwill gesture .

they can be busy due to looking after the Garda and Paramidic bikes

I would recommend them no problem

H1500 19th August 2018 01:36 PM

+1 for Joe a Duffy. The service my K1200S all the time. Excellent service and the price is about the same as anywhere else. Always very helpful and tell you the price in advance.

Wouldn’t go anywhere else myself. You

IndianVictory 22nd August 2018 11:47 PM

Franklin Motorcycles service all brands including BMW

iano 23rd August 2018 12:07 AM

You sell shoei helmet's? ?

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS