Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Ground anchor bolts (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=243556)

rippy 15th May 2018 12:18 PM

Ground anchor bolts

I had a mate make me up a ground anchor . Good solid job and all .
Iím at a loss as to where to get the bolts fit it though ?
Iím after rawlbolts with a head that shears of. When they are torqued down ?
Any one any ideas ? Especially in Cork ?

jeo77974 15th May 2018 12:21 PM

Re: Ground anchor bolts

Get normal ones and belt in a few ball bearings?

rippy 15th May 2018 12:25 PM

[quote=jeo77974;3536719]Get normal ones and belt in a few ball bearings?[/quote]
Ya mean in screw headed or Allen bolt type ? Thought of that but would still be the outside to grip with vice grips ?

xt500mad 15th May 2018 12:46 PM

[quote=rippy;3536720]Ya mean in screw headed or Allen bolt type ? Thought of that but would still be the outside to grip with vice grips ?[/quote]

Countersunk head

FlatOut 15th May 2018 01:35 PM

Use a bolt with an Allen socket and then drill out the hex after you've tightened them.

tadhgR 15th May 2018 07:15 PM

I’ve cut the bolt down the middle with a grinder and split it into a Y shape, not pretty or 100% foolproof but it would definitely slow them down

carrigGSR 15th May 2018 07:52 PM

Try GWS in ballincollig they should be able to sort you with something:thumbsup2:

allsorts&oddjobs 15th May 2018 07:55 PM

if you have access to a welder, bolt em in then weld the bolts to the anchors.

efanton 15th May 2018 08:03 PM

simplest solution is to get bolts with an allen key head
then once fitted drive a ball bearing into the allen head so that they cant cant be removed.
Alternatively a spot weld, epoxy or metal putty to fill the head

RTV 16th May 2018 08:38 AM

If you're going into concrete, the Co-op in carrigaline sells self-taping concrete screws which are brilliant you can then simply file the heads to round them off or weld them.

I'm in Carrigaline too, so if you need a few welds I'll be happy to help. Just give me a shout.

EDIT: Ian, is that you??? :D Definitely give me a shout and we'll weld those bolts LOL

cb400sf 16th May 2018 12:34 PM

[quote=RTV;3536845]If you're going into concrete, the Co-op in carrigaline sells self-taping concrete screws which are brilliant you can then simply file the heads to round them off or weld them.

I'm in Carrigaline too, so if you need a few welds I'll be happy to help. Just give me a shout.

EDIT: Ian, is that you??? :D Definitely give me a shout and we'll weld those bolts LOL[/quote]

Weld them up would be the best job!

rippy 16th May 2018 12:40 PM

[quote=RTV;3536845]If you're going into concrete, the Co-op in carrigaline sells self-taping concrete screws which are brilliant you can then simply file the heads to round them off or weld them.

EDIT: Ian, is that you??? :D Definitely give me a shout and we'll weld those bolts LOL[/quote]

Wondered who it was till I expanded your photo Rami:lbhbh:
Yep itís me .
I have hundreds of self tapping concrete bolts ( thunderbolts ) , I use them everyday for work . Yeah Welding then up should work .
Ibe moved to Wilton now though bud 👍

RTV 16th May 2018 12:59 PM

[quote=rippy;3536871]Wondered who it was till I expanded your photo Rami:lbhbh:
Yep itís me .
I have hundreds of self tapping concrete bolts ( thunderbolts ) , I use them everyday for work . Yeah Welding then up should work .
Ibe moved to Wilton now though bud 👍[/quote]

That's not a bother at all, handy enough to put the welder on the cage and drive up. I'll get you sorted :) ping me on faceballs and we'll make the arrangements

hornet600 16th May 2018 08:33 PM

Ian i have a handy welder here too that can sort ya out :thumbsup2:

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS