Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   SMIDSY Dock Road Limerick - Helpful biker (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=246923)

gap35 5th December 2018 01:44 AM

SMIDSY Dock Road Limerick - Helpful biker

Had a SMIDSY yesterday on the Dick Road in Limerick. A lad stopped in pissing rain and stayed for quite a while trying everything to be helpful and supportive - if you're on here THANK YOU!! Bike is totalled but luckily I have a sprained wrist and aches and pains but let's see what 24 hours can do to an old body.

bandit_eile 5th December 2018 08:45 AM

Re: SMIDSY Dock Road Limerick - Helpful biker

Sorry to hear that but at least there’s some goodness left in the world. Did ya happen to get the offending party?

bandit0 5th December 2018 08:48 AM

Glad you're alive to tell the tale.

gap35 5th December 2018 09:53 AM

[quote=bandit_eile;3559203]Sorry to hear that but at least there’s some goodness left in the world. Did ya happen to get the offending party?[/quote]

The young man was devastated and couldn't understand how he didn't see me - I have two LED small lights, one either side of headlight. It was the 'classic'SMIDSY. I knew as I got real close he was going to pull acoss and hadn't seen me but way too late to even blink. Hey ye thought only Superman could fly!! Can't believe I have no serious injury but it was a sub 50kph impact and my gear definitely saved me from something more serious.

gap35 5th December 2018 09:54 AM

[quote=bandit0;3559204]Glad you're alive to tell the tale.[/quote]

#metoo
Lol!

Motomong 5th December 2018 11:03 AM

Glad you're not too broke up man. Sorry to hear that. Heal quick :)

gap35 5th December 2018 01:08 PM

[quote=Motomong;3559213]Glad you're not too broke up man. Sorry to hear that. Heal quick :)[/quote]

So so lucky thanks and I'll make a quick recovery

allsorts&oddjobs 5th December 2018 02:27 PM

great to hear you are ok, couldbve been a lot worse, hope he fukin opens his eyes next time, he didnt see you cos he didnt look, simples, he just glanced like most inattentive pricks.

SUGS 5th December 2018 04:48 PM

[quote=allsorts&oddjobs;3559231]great to hear you are ok, couldbve been a lot worse, hope he fukin opens his eyes next time, he didnt see you cos he didnt look, simples, he just glanced like most inattentive pricks.[/quote]

..some cages have ridiculous blind spots especially some of the newer SUV's.

allsorts&oddjobs 5th December 2018 04:58 PM

[quote=SUGS;3559246]..some cages have ridiculous blind spots especially some of the newer SUV's.[/quote]

Yup so does my yoke which is why I move my head to look around windscreen pillars etc. No excuse.

Phaedrus 5th December 2018 05:12 PM

[quote=allsorts&oddjobs;3559249]Yup so does my yoke which is why I move my head to look around windscreen pillars etc. [B]No excuse.[/B][/quote]

Yep. Just turn your head again before you commit.

Vjmc.Cork 5th December 2018 06:26 PM

[quote=SUGS;3559246]..some cages have ridiculous blind spots especially some of the newer SUV's.[/quote]

I had a guy pull out on me one day,claimed he didn't see me.
I was driving a Mercedes Sprinter ffs.
What do you do with people like that?:rolleyes2:

gap35 5th December 2018 07:00 PM

[quote=allsorts&oddjobs;3559231]great to hear you are ok, couldbve been a lot worse, hope he fukin opens his eyes next time, he didnt see you cos he didnt look, simples, he just glanced like most inattentive pricks.[/quote]

I said to the attending Garda that I had done some advanced skills riding training and his reply was yeah that's great but few motorists have.... Ta I'll be ok in a few days hopefully.

Blueb6 5th December 2018 07:12 PM

[quote=Vjmc.Cork;3559256]
I was driving a Mercedes Sprinter ffs.
[/quote]

You should have been wearing a hi viz vest in that yoke ffs :lbhbh:

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS