Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Consummate lazy so and so needs to dispose of used oil.. (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=246818)

RobbieBeGood 25th November 2018 07:37 PM

Consummate lazy so and so needs to dispose of used oil..

I have 30 odd litres of used oil which I need to dispose of in an ethically and environmentally correct manner.
Contained in their original 3 (or 4 litre promotional) containers which have built up in the lock-up for the last couple of years.
All containers bear the label 'Castrol' (so none of that awful Halfords/generic stuff)
Can anyone please tell me where around the Bray/ Wicklow area I could dispose of them?
Free is preferable with minimal cost coming a distant second.
I contemplated tipping it onto the local childrens play area as the wood chip play-grade ground covering is apparently highly absorbant, but with cc cameras everywhere these days, one can't be too careful.

Vjmc.Cork 25th November 2018 07:52 PM

Re: Consummate lazy so and so needs to dispose of used oil..

[quote=RobbieBeGood;3558533]I have 30 odd litres of used oil which I need to dispose of in an ethically and environmentally correct manner.
Contained in their original 3 (or 4 litre promotional) containers which have built up in the lock-up for the last couple of years.
All containers bear the label 'Castrol' (so none of that awful Halfords/generic stuff)
Can anyone please tell me where around the Bray/ Wicklow area I could dispose of them?
Free is preferable with minimal cost coming a distant second.
I contemplated tipping it onto the local childrens play area as the wood chip play-grade ground covering is apparently highly absorbant, but with cc cameras everywhere these days, one can't be too careful.[/quote]

Your local tip/recycling facility should have a place for it.The one in Kinsale rd does and it's 2e (or was last time I used it).

N11 EXPRESS 25th November 2018 07:55 PM

Yes the recycling Centre up Boghall road takes them. There is a big barrel you empty them into and then dispose of the containers in crate beside it:thumbsup2:

-alan- 25th November 2018 08:25 PM

[quote=RobbieBeGood;3558533]
I contemplated tipping it onto the local childrens play area as the wood chip play-grade ground covering is apparently highly absorbant.[/quote]

:lbhbh:

My da used to tell me that one of the traditional cures for mange was to fill a tub with used engine oil and dip the dogs in it. You could try your local ISPCA and see whether they might be able to put it to good use..:cool3:

NODSTER 25th November 2018 08:55 PM

Simon Harris's Constituent's Office or Home - whichever nearest

VJMC 25th November 2018 09:21 PM

Its a pity it wasent yer own shite you were collecting in paint pots because the BBC would have done a mini documentary on you then, they love seeing people eating maggots and collecting their own shite in paint pots and storing it in the shed. This is a fact by the way, fucking weirdos

RobbieBeGood 25th November 2018 09:48 PM

[quote=VJMC;3558541]Its a pity it wasent yer own shite you were collecting in paint pots[/quote]

We appear to have gone off on an unusual tangent. Thanks for your input nonetheless ;)

sharpbikes 25th November 2018 09:51 PM

i do believe there are lads out there with oil burners that may take it, thats what im hoping for anyways :doh:

VJMC 25th November 2018 09:57 PM

[quote=RobbieBeGood;3558542]We appear to have gone off on an unusual tangent. Thanks for your input nonetheless ;)[/quote]

Fair play I did get a great laugh out of your reply "unusual Tangent" :lbhbh: but its true you could have been a superstar if you informed RTE you were storing you own shite in paint pots (and better again if you created art work from it, could sell for hundreds of thousands), but if you told them you had a few liters of oil, you would be a very bad man who needed locking up or even the death penalty :doh: True (just drink it, cant be any worse the whisky) or pour it down the loo :bag:

Vjmc.Cork 25th November 2018 10:00 PM

[quote=sharpbikes;3558543]i do believe there are lads out there with oil burners that may take it, thats what im hoping for anyways :doh:[/quote]

Build your own
[url]http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/me7.html[/url]

RobbieBeGood 25th November 2018 10:03 PM

[quote=VJMC;3558544]Fair play I did get a great laugh out of your reply "unusual Tangent" :lbhbh: but its true you could have been a superstar if you informed RTE you were storing you own shite in paint pots, but if you told them you had a few liters of oil, you would be a very bad man who needed locking up or even the death penalty :doh: True (just drink it, cant be any worse the whisky) or pour it down the loo :bag:[/quote]

Thanks for your good humour and in truth, you have a point! :)

RobbieBeGood 25th November 2018 10:05 PM

[quote=Vjmc.Cork;3558545]Build your own
[url]http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/me7.html[/url][/quote]

Please refer to title: 'Lazy so and so' ;)

Vjmc.Cork 25th November 2018 10:13 PM

[quote=RobbieBeGood;3558547]Please refer to title: 'Lazy so and so' ;)[/quote]

I built a massively simplified version of that but it uses maybe 1% of what I generate.
The 30l you have is a slow week for me :thumbsup2:

RobbieBeGood 25th November 2018 10:27 PM

[quote=Vjmc.Cork;3558548] 1% of what I generate.
The 30l you have is a slow week for me :thumbsup2:[/quote]

Then I'm a hobbyist at best. It's taken 4 years to accumulate this much!

Caffeine 26th November 2018 01:12 PM

Ballyogan recycling centre will take it for too and its near you, just tell the las at the gatr you have uswd engine oil and he'll let you in the "paid" área.

Por just leave it in a place what annoys your SO and after she gives up on nagging itll magically disappear.

Motomong 26th November 2018 02:19 PM

x2 for Ballyogan. Only ten mins from Bray. That's where all mine goes anyways. It's free

renniks 26th November 2018 03:36 PM

Mate of mine changed the oil in his cage for the first time when I was renting a gaf with him some years back. He comes in after finishing the job - what'd you do with the old oil I said - he had put in down the drain out on the street...

RobbieBeGood 26th November 2018 04:23 PM

Thanks gentlemen for all your advice. Great to see it's a free or at most inexpensive and simple procedure. Had I known, I wouldn't have waited this long to dispose of it!

N11 EXPRESS 26th November 2018 09:02 PM

[quote=RobbieBeGood;3558624]Thanks gentlemen for all your advice. Great to see it's a free or at most inexpensive and simple procedure. Had I known, I wouldn't have waited this long to dispose of it![/quote]

Well what did ya do with it?

Jack stowage 27th November 2018 09:17 AM

You DO know where the recycle center is dont you....or maybe someone could call up to you and collect it and maybe wipe yer arse for you while he's there.......:rolleyes2:

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS