Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Richa gloves - issues (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=238337)

SUGS 17th May 2017 03:40 PM

Richa gloves - issues

Have a pair of Richa GTX gloves 6 months now....second pair in fact. Great gloves however this latest pair have noticed the inside lining separating at the seams - gloves have gone back to the shop to be sent away for "analysis". Anybody experienced issues with Richa?

Frisco 17th May 2017 03:55 PM

Re: Richa gloves - issues

I've a few pairs of richa gloves and never had any issues

Confusion 17th May 2017 04:12 PM

[quote=SUGS;3474358]Have a pair of Richa GTX gloves 6 months now....second pair in fact. Great gloves however this latest pair have noticed the inside lining separating at the seams - gloves have gone back to the shop to be sent away for "analysis". Anybody experienced issues with Richa?[/quote]

I have seen good performance from Richa gloves. My Cold Protect GTX
are almost four years old and still in very good condition. I don't wear them
every day because I have a pair of Lidl (Crivit) gloves for everyday hacking.

The missus has a pair of Richa Carbon Winter gloves. They still
look like new after three years of occasional use.

I haven't had much success with Richa textiles. Two pairs of trousers
(Everest and Esker) leaked like a sieve.

shakey750 17th May 2017 06:57 PM

I bought a pair of Richa artic gtx and the leather tore at the stitching the second time I wore them. I won't be buying any of them again.

Caffeine 17th May 2017 08:02 PM

Jacket zipper pull tab thing broke after two weeks of normal use. Inner membrane zipper broke about 1.5 years.
Pants crotch after the same time now has, lets say, extra venting. Leg velcro is a bit so so no
Boots? Hole in the sole, soles separanted, both bursted to the front sides. Ended up with a zip tie and superglue. The waterproof membrane but I think the zipper leaked in some places.

Overall I find them fair value for money if you are gentle with usage.

RubaDub 17th May 2017 08:44 PM

Had a pair of Richa artic separated from their linings. The were well worn in fairness.

chopper 17th May 2017 11:48 PM

Have richa about 4 years now and have abused em a lot with no problems

Caffeine 17th May 2017 11:52 PM

[quote=chopper;3474516]Have richa about 4 years now and have abused em a lot with no problems[/quote]

Another case of manufacturers cutting corners lately, maybe?

chopper 17th May 2017 11:54 PM

[quote=Caffeine;3474517]Another case of manufacturers cutting corners lately, maybe?[/quote]

Possible .i even ran over mine the day i bought them :lbhbh: .ive been in torrential rain and never got a wet finger with them gloves on .

hooch 18th May 2017 12:57 PM

Have the gtx cold protect 2 years now I think, no problems at all.

ascalon 18th May 2017 01:45 PM

Richa Touareg gimp suit for nearly two years now, but two winters. No issues.

SUGS 29th May 2017 09:37 AM

[quote=SUGS;3474358]Have a pair of Richa GTX gloves 6 months now....second pair in fact. Great gloves however this latest pair have noticed the inside lining separating at the seams - gloves have gone back to the shop to be sent away for "analysis". Anybody experienced issues with Richa?[/quote]

Richa have come back to say they'll refund or replace - fair dues. Ordered the same gloves again....:thumbsup2:

Confusion 29th May 2017 10:28 AM

[quote=SUGS;3476711]Richa have come back to say they'll refund or replace - fair dues. Ordered the same gloves again....:thumbsup2:[/quote]

Glad you got sorted. Hopefully, this was an isolated issue. Please let
us know how you get on with the new ones.

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS