Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Buying and Selling (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Which bike to purchase (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=240720)

torquey 12th October 2017 09:42 AM

Which bike to purchase

Having sold my GSXR 600 K7 last week I am on the search for another bike. Ideally ranging from 2012 - 2015. I was originally thinking Yamaha R6 but having done some research a lot of people seem to prefer the CBR 600rr. It will be another 600 I get. I know it comes down to personal preference but just looking for other peoples views. It will not be a commuter bike just a blast at the weekend. Also the choices are very limited in Ireland would I be best go to England for variety or am I just not looking in the correct places?

Cheers

Dub Duke 12th October 2017 09:59 AM

Re: Which bike to purchase

My 2c - I have a 2009 R6 and it's really good fun to ride. Not as uncomfortable as I thought it might be - I ride circa 60kms in good weather to work (return).

I've never had a CBR600, but have had Hondas and you can't really go wrong with them!

Fred Flinstone 12th October 2017 10:15 AM

Would just get a 750 or a 1000, don't think you'll notice too much of a difference between the 600s bar a few quirks.

RTV 12th October 2017 10:39 AM

Super bias towards the R6 and never riden the CBR but..

Looks department, the R6 knocks it out of the park.

It's pretty comfortable (for a sports bike), bullet proof engine and about 10 million accessories and parts all around.

Very usable in the street as it's pretty taimed at low RPMs and I only did one track day, but it felt amazing.

And again... just look at that thing!!!

Duke RR 12th October 2017 10:55 AM

from what i have seen, used 600's here are overpriced or in a heap, literally. You only have to look at the adds

the prices are off the charts too, ppl seem to have forgotten what a bike was when it was sold, vs 5-10 yrs of age now.

you'd get a decent thou for 600 money, more torque but will be a heavier bike to shift about

Kaos Theory 12th October 2017 11:18 AM

CBR600RR - easy bike to get on with, well able to shift once you wind her on.

R6 - lovely motor but makes a lot of its power very high in the range (even for a 600)

ZX6RR - Little more bonkers than the Honda but more usable than the R6 IMO

GSXR600 - no experience with them so will need someone else to chime in here...

Motomong 12th October 2017 12:23 PM

I'm commuting on an R6 in Dublin for the last 1100km/month or two. Love it to bits. Never have any problem with the power band, despite all the complaints I read about it before buying it. It's fast when I want it to be fast, and it's comfortable, and better on petrol than my previous Honda Hornet

Duke RR 12th October 2017 12:30 PM

[quote=Kaos Theory;3501340]CBR600RR - easy bike to get on with, well able to shift once you wind her on.

R6 - lovely motor but makes a lot of its power very high in the range (even for a 600)

GSXR600 - no experience with them so will need someone else to chime in here...[/quote]

id only have the cbr6 myself or the kwacker, from what ive read the [B]2009[/B] zx6 is supposed to be a peach.....

Dub Duke 12th October 2017 05:30 PM

[quote=Kaos Theory;3501340]CBR600RR - easy bike to get on with, well able to shift once you wind her on.

GSXR600 - no experience with them so will need someone else to chime in here...[/quote]

I believe the 13s R6 (2008-2016) had better torque and spread than the 2co (2006-2007/8)

torquey 13th October 2017 08:04 AM

Thanks for all comments gents. Very similar to the comparisons I found whilst researching.

RTV 13th October 2017 11:36 AM

[quote=Motomong;3501347]I'm commuting on an R6 in Dublin for the last 1100km/month or two. Love it to bits. Never have any problem with the power band, despite all the complaints I read about it before buying it. It's fast when I want it to be fast, and it's comfortable, and better on petrol than my previous Honda Hornet[/quote]

That's because you've got the BEST R6 :headbang:

Motomong 13th October 2017 12:24 PM

[quote=RTV;3501487]That's because you've got the BEST R6 :headbang:[/quote]

hahaha, that is a fact :D :thumbsup2:

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS