Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   The Workshop (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Main stand (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=239847)

sean o caoimh 12th August 2017 07:43 PM

Main stand

Hi all
Just fitted a SW Motech main stand on my tiger 800.
No problem at all with the fitting . But, when the stand is in use it is almost vertical , It's way too easy to push the bike forward off the stand .Anyone else come across this problem?
Must check if I could take a couple of mm off the shoulder of the stand to allow it sit back more. Any info most welcome
Thanks

Frankkilty 12th August 2017 09:39 PM

Re: Main stand

Just how easy is it to push it off the stand?

If you park it slightly downhill, with the rear wheel aiming down, is it secure?

Are you worried that if someone was to go near it, would it come off the stand?

I'd email the manufacturers! if it is shite, get your money back!!!!

Rockster 13th August 2017 09:05 AM

Not much help to ya, but I fitted a sw motech centre stand to my cb 1300 and have to say Im not impressed. Bit of side to side play where it pivots and also rubs off the swing arm.
One option might be to investigate using a paddock stand and bobbins. Amazes me how manufacturers of chain driven bikes dont fit them as standard...

iano 13th August 2017 09:18 AM

[quote=sean o caoimh;3491389]Hi all
Just fitted a SW Motech main stand on my tiger 800.
No problem at all with the fitting . But, when the stand is in use it is almost vertical , It's way too easy to push the bike forward off the stand .Anyone else come across this problem?
Must check if I could take a couple of mm off the shoulder of the stand to allow it sit back more. Any info most welcome
Thanks[/quote]

I don't get it?
Main stand as in centre stand. Surely it should be vertical if it's a centre stand??

davelr 13th August 2017 09:36 AM

[quote=iano;3491446]I don't get it?
Main stand as in centre stand. Surely it should be vertical if it's a centre stand??[/quote]

I imagine he means like perpendicular to the ground and not past that, where the bike will lean itself into a comfortable locked position.

woodsman 13th August 2017 11:49 AM

Get a top box and fill it with beer.:thumbsup2:

generalisimo muldoon 13th August 2017 04:02 PM

Had the same problem with a replacement centre stand for a T140. Looked exactly like the bent one it was replacing but probably made in India so not an exact match. I fixed it by filing back the leading edge that faces the part of the frame that stops the stand from going all the way back. I know I've just desribed that like a trump supporter but you know what I mean. You might be able to do something similiar with yours?

sean o caoimh 13th August 2017 04:08 PM

[quote=generalisimo muldoon;3491513]Had the same problem with a replacement centre stand for a T140. Looked exactly like the bent one it was replacing but probably made in India so not an exact match. I fixed it by filing back the leading edge that faces the part of the frame that stops the stand from going all the way back. I know I've just desribed that like a trump supporter but you know what I mean. You might be able to do something similiar with yours?[/quote]
Thanks Mull.
That's just what I'm going to do !
Great minds think alike (fools seldom differ)
Will let you know how I get on

sean o caoimh 13th August 2017 04:12 PM

[quote=Frankkilty;3491411]Just how easy is it to push it off the stand?

If you park it slightly downhill, with the rear wheel aiming down, is it secure?

Are you worried that if someone was to go near it, would it come off the stand?

I'd email the manufacturers! if it is shite, get your money back!!!![/quote]

All of those things exactly

sean o caoimh 14th August 2017 03:45 PM

Lads n lassies.
Took off the main stand again and took 5mm off the shoulder stops on both sides at the top of the stand and it sits way better now. Happy days.

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS