Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (https://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   The Workshop (https://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   SW Motech (https://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=239846)

sean o caoimh 12th August 2017 07:46 PM

SW Motech

Hi all,
Just fitted an SW Motech center stand to my tiger 800, no problem with the fitting.But, when I put the bike on the stand it's alost vertical ! , its way to easy to just push the bike forward off its stand. Is this the way its supposed to be ? Anyonew else have this problem

Goodlad 12th August 2017 07:56 PM

Re: SW Motech

Sounds like your bike was lowered?

sean o caoimh 12th August 2017 08:48 PM

[quote=Goodlad;3491384]Sounds like your bike was lowered?[/quote]

Thanks good lad,
But I don't think that would effect the way the stand sits
It would just make it more difficult to engage the stand?

WhyTea 12th August 2017 09:29 PM

Hi Sean.
Slightly off topic I know but how do you find the Tiger. I'm on the lookout for something new and was considering going to look at a few. Anything I should be looking out for? Would appreciate any info you might have.
Cheers,
WhyTea

KildareMan 12th August 2017 10:45 PM

The Tiger can be a bitch to get on the Triumph stand. If it's lowered almost impossible to get it up. If you find it easy then either

a. SW Motech do a stand for a lowered Tiger and you've fitted it to a "normal" height Tiger
b. SW stand is not a great design.

Anyway you'll only be using it for chain maintenance.

sean o caoimh 13th August 2017 02:21 PM

[quote=WhyTea;3491396]Hi Sean.
Slightly off topic I know but how do you find the Tiger. I'm on the lookout for something new and was considering going to look at a few. Anything I should be looking out for? Would appreciate any info you might have.
Cheers,
WhyTea[/quote]

How's it going Why Tea.
I have the tiger about a month now, wanted to get away from twins for a while.I am very pleased overall with it, just the fuel gauge will let you down if your not carefull and go by the milage on the clock, not the miles to empty.

sean o caoimh 13th August 2017 05:02 PM

[quote=KildareMan;3491412]The Tiger can be a bitch to get on the Triumph stand. If it's lowered almost impossible to get it up. If you find it easy then either

a. SW Motech do a stand for a lowered Tiger and you've fitted it to a "normal" height Tiger
b. SW stand is not a great design.

Anyway you'll only be using it for chain maintenance.[/quote]

Thanks kildare man
But I don't think that would make a difference to the way the stand holds the bike when it's in use would it ?

generalisimo muldoon 13th August 2017 05:05 PM

Modify it. I've described a similair situation I had in your other post.

sean o caoimh 13th August 2017 05:17 PM

[quote=generalisimo muldoon;3491518]Modify it. I've described a similair situation I had in your other post.[/quote]

Ya thanks
Other post was unintentional
Sorry

WhyTea 16th August 2017 05:22 AM

[quote=sean o caoimh;3491487]How's it going Why Tea.
I have the tiger about a month now, wanted to get away from twins for a while.I am very pleased overall with it, just the fuel gauge will let you down if your not carefull and go by the milage on the clock, not the miles to empty.[/quote]

Thanks Sean :thumbsup2:

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS