Biker.ie Forums

Biker.ie Forums (http://www.biker.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Chat (http://www.biker.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Motorbikes vs public vs conscience... (http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=239825)

Paranoid android 11th August 2017 09:08 PM

Motorbikes vs public vs conscience...

A tricky topic, i and i assume most on here love bikes and that's why we have this forum . lately we have had some terrible news involving fellow bikers on the roads and i see and have been asked at work etc , why i have a motorbike and worse why do i bring my kids on bikes .just curious is this a valid question from Joe public ? Am i wrong ...etc bikes dangerous etc

VJMC 11th August 2017 09:13 PM

Re: Motorbikes vs public vs conscience...

Another shi*e topic

Paranoid android 11th August 2017 09:17 PM

[quote=VJMC;3491188]Another shi*e topic[/quote]

Yep and yours are so brilliant ! Don't take life so serious ... why did you bother replying so ..

Gixxer 11th August 2017 09:18 PM

[quote=Paranoid android;3491185]A tricky topic, i and i assume most on here love bikes and that's why we have this forum . lately we have had some terrible news involving fellow bikers on the roads and i see and have been asked at work etc , why i have a motorbike and worse why do i bring my kids on bikes [/quote]

What exactly is the question?

Do you need someone to hold your hand and make your decisions for you?

Are you Japcati :unsure2:

macpudd 11th August 2017 09:21 PM

Ah tell them to go and shite its none of their business

Mr Snapped Banjo String 11th August 2017 09:21 PM

If you have to explain it... they wouldnt understand...
Forget what other people think about you and youll never be happier... you like bikes... how did you get started in them... some one older probably took you for a spin on theres... thats how kids learn... are they dangerous... probably.. getting more dangerous by idiots on phones not paying attention.... do you do wheelies with your son on the bike...?? No i guessed not... cause i know when i had my son on my bikes i took alot more care than when im driving on my own... i was alot more conscious of having a younger pillion.... but to a person who doesnt love bikes... they will just never understand the concept...
Never mind what people say or think about you and youll sleep just grand at night.... you know your going to do everything in your power to keep your kids safe.... except wrap them in bubble wrap... theyve got to have a life and experiences... motorcycling to some who loves it is the best feeling in the world..... ride on... bring your kid pillion... and fuck the begrudgers and nay sayers.....

VJMC 11th August 2017 09:22 PM

[quote=Paranoid android;3491190]Yep and yours are so brilliant ! Don't take life so serious ... why did you bother replying so ..[/quote]

sorry, no offence to you particularly but it is a shite post :woots::woots::woots::woots::woots::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh:

Paranoid android 11th August 2017 09:22 PM

[quote=Gixxer;3491192]What exactly is the question?

Do you need someone to hold your hand and make your decisions for you?

Are you Japcati :unsure2:[/quote]

Was only asking members here , how do they deal with the negative public view of motorbikes , nothing else , that's all .. only a question

Paranoid android 11th August 2017 09:24 PM

[quote=VJMC;3491195]sorry, no offence to you particularly but it is a shite post :woots::woots::woots::woots::woots::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh::lbhbh:[/quote]

Fair enough !:lbhbh:

Paranoid android 11th August 2017 09:25 PM

[quote=macpudd;3491193]Ah tell them to go and shite its none of their business[/quote]

Thanks , so true in fairness :thumbsup2:

Gixxer 11th August 2017 09:25 PM

[quote=Paranoid android;3491196]Was only asking members here , how do they deal with the negative public view of motorbikes , nothing else , that's all .. only a question[/quote]

How do you deal with people who don't like your hairstyle?
Who gives a flying fuck what anyone else thinks?

VJMC 11th August 2017 09:25 PM

Flip other peoples view ---------as they say if I had to explain you would not understand :lbhbh: Feck em, dont wory mate what other people think, just do your own thing

bandit0 11th August 2017 09:27 PM

Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand years as a sheep.

blk150 11th August 2017 09:27 PM

[quote=Paranoid android;3491185]A tricky topic, i and i assume most on here love bikes and that's why we have this forum . lately we have had some terrible news involving fellow bikers on the roads and i see and have been asked at work etc , why i have a motorbike and worse why do i bring my kids on bikes .just curious is this a valid question from Joe public ? Am i wrong ...etc bikes dangerous etc[/quote]

A parent in my kids school said this to me one day as i was picking the youngest up in the cage. Said they'd seen me with her on the back of the bike once and did i think it was dangerous. Told him to wrap his daughter in cotton wool and leave me to raise mine as i see fit.

Gas thing was as i made my way home with her a few day later in the cage again there he was driving his Audi texting/bookfaceing whilst driving with his two kids in the back. Mentioned it to him next time i seen him and he denied it :biggrin_old: Some massive wankers out there :thumbsup2:

Paranoid android 11th August 2017 09:28 PM

[quote=Gixxer;3491200]How do you deal with people who don't like your hairstyle?
Who gives a flying fuck what anyone else thinks?[/quote]

True Gixxer , didn't mean this a such a serious topic , just a random question on a bike forum , get sick of the frowns etc , you bring your child on a bike ! Oh my god etc etc , thanks for you honesty in fairness .

Legion 11th August 2017 09:29 PM

Nobody asks me stupid questions like that, I only hear positive stuff, people saying they'd love to get themselves a bike.
Maybe I know fewer jackasses.

Paranoid android 11th August 2017 09:30 PM

[quote=Legion;3491207]Nobody asks me stupid questions like that, I only hear positive stuff, people saying they'd love to get themselves a bike.
Maybe I know fewer jackasses.[/quote]

Thank god :thumbsup2:

Gixxer 11th August 2017 09:30 PM

[quote=Legion;3491207]Nobody asks me stupid questions like that, I only hear positive stuff, people saying they'd love to get themselves a bike.
Maybe I know fewer jackasses.[/quote]

Same as this. I've never been asked why. The only comments I ever get are "I wish the missus would let me have one"

VJMC 11th August 2017 09:31 PM

[quote=Paranoid android;3491206]True Gixxer , didn't mean this a such a serious topic , just a random question on a bike forum , get sick of the frowns etc , you bring your child on a bike ! Oh my god etc etc , thanks for you honesty in fairness .[/quote]

Fair play to you for bringing your kid on the bike, well done, I'm on a "biking holiday" with my 8 year ole on his CRF50 and he is loving it , good Maun :woots::woots::woots::woots::woots::woots::woots::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Paranoid android 11th August 2017 09:34 PM

[quote=VJMC;3491211]Fair play to you for bringing your kid on the bike, well done, I'm on a "biking holiday" with my 8 year ole on his CRF50 and he is loving it , good Maun :woots::woots::woots::woots::woots::woots::woots::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:[/quote]

Excellent and good to hear , going in the morning to Donegal with my 10 year old , anything I should know to make journey better for him and more enjoyable?

Return to MAIN BIKER.IE DISCUSSION FORUMS